Tres: Reloaded - LAB

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Tres: Reloaded - LAB

Post by Draconisaurus »

This thread is for discussion and progress reports on Lab Reloaded.
The level will now be starting right where that gate entrance is, on the other side. You won't be able to back. :yum: Inside the harbor, one big thing that will change is the whole Atlantic puzzle. The crane will be fitted to actually work, using TC_Rescue as a prime example, so that it lifts up the Atlantic freight container from some inaccessible place atop other containers to a nice spot on the ground. Since the Tres engine is not *that* awesome, we'll have to do this with some kind of preset animation, I think, since the container would have to go across and down to rest on the ground, but we shall see! Also, the warehouses are going to be made a bit more interesting, now, with some raptor action.. and we'll see about making that secondary keycard accessible and functional. Also in Lab Reloaded will be the other end of the Site B rail system, off in that area of the harbor where there is currently nothing but trees. ;) I am unsure yet if we'll try to have this actually usable, as a second route through the game, or not....

The Lab itself will get some retrofitting. I recall someone wanted to make the elevator actually work - that would be quite fun, if some one or group can be commissioned to do it. There are some other special things with the Lab that we'll do, which I shall not reveal yet, concerning concept art.. And as for the Computer Building, it's going to get a nice overhaul in the area of the CRAY room, with a working version of that weight puzzle.. Also, we'll have some way for the player to plug in Harold's device to the main computer vault download some data.. that will be interesting. Even if it's not quite how the original idea went, I think it'll be fun.

Now, here's where things really get fun.

Anne enters the computer building and, unable to proceed on the bottom floor, goes upstairs..
VA188: Nerd central.
VA189: Please, God... No...
Anne's found Nedry's room.
VA190: I HATE this hacker crap.
VA191: Excuse me, there’s a renaissance festival I have to be at.
Anne discovers Nedry's "back door" (secret word) and proceeds to unlock the door below.
VA192: It’s cold in here.
The room and likely the vault beyond is kept quite cool. Anne realizes..
VA193: This is where he did it.
Anne attempts to open the vault door using a keycard and the palm scanner. Access is denied, because her palm scan does not register with the database...
VA194: OK, Plan B.
Anne opens the panel to the side of the controls and finds a circuit board. She decides to try and hotwire the door. Using the balance to the left, she determines which capacitors go in which slots and...
VA195: Anne the safecracker!
VA196: N/A
VA197: N/A
VA198: Wait, if the data is still in here, I could conceivably be a very rich girl… All it takes is a modem.
Anne turns on the power to the CRAY. One by one, she presses the activation buttons.. pausing to remember Hammond's words.
VA199: Victory!
VA200: Please, just work!
Some of the buttons have delays in working, making odd mechanical sounds as if the system is struggling to start up.
VA201: Yes!
VA202: Up the well!
VA203: Score!
VCRAYCOMPUTER*1: Activating systems.
VA204: The data is still in there, download codes, satellite links… Hammond’s legacy.
Anne connects the modem to the computer..
VCRAYCOMPUTER*2: Satellite uplink... connected. Local transmitter down. Attempting connection to Mountaintop Facility.
The device was apparently designed to automatically attempt a connection with the mainland. The map in Hammond's mansion showed more than one radio transmitter on the island (VA95: This thing shows more than one transmitter.) - since the road to the mountain was blocked, she came here to the Lab. Finding that its local transmitter is down, she sees that she has only one option left...
VA205: The mountaintop station is it, then. Last chance.
Anne finds a terminal in the CRAY room marked SECURITY. She pulls a lever to "deactivate" security systems - releasing the lock on all the doors in the Lab, including the gate to the Pens.

Inside the first "cage" is a raptor siting by a watering hole, chewing on some random bone. The raptor looks up to see Anne, and charges. Anne runs back out to the mounted sniper rifle and shoots the raptor as it comes out. Back inside, Anne finds no other way to proceed than climbing atop a rusted chunk of metal on the side of the cage and making her way cautiously around the upper ledge, avoiding the electrified fence. From this vantage point, she sees that a long complex of young dinosaur pens goes forward and up out of the Lab's valley. She makes her way up and through these....

I'm gonna wait to continue that note until we find out what machf's Pens are like. ;)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Tres: Reloaded - LAB

Post by Draconisaurus »

Just remembered an old map I made for the Lab complex as I imagined it was be in Trespasser Reloaded, over a year ago before it was a community project.. Have a gander.
Attachments
Lab in Tres Reloaded
Lab in Tres Reloaded
LabLayoutConcept00.png (21.49 KiB) Viewed 14517 times
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

Draconisaurus wrote:The crane will be fitted to actually work, using TC_Rescue as a prime example, so that it lifts up the Atlantic freight container from some inaccessible place atop other containers to a nice spot on the ground.
Yay, that'll be fun! x3
Also, the warehouses are going to be made a bit more interesting, now, with some raptor action..
Great, more messing around with Raptors! :D.. As long it dosn't lag...
and we'll see about making that secondary keycard accessible and functional. Also in Lab Reloaded will be the other end of the Site B rail system, off in that area of the harbor where there is currently nothing but trees. ;) I am unsure yet if we'll try to have this actually usable, as a second route through the game, or not....
A second route? I really like that idea! I love to mess around in different places :P. (I found out when I got lost in JR xP)

The elevator idea sounds okay, although I can live without. The "plug in Harold's device" is great! But dosn't that mean that you'll have two different kinds of endings? I mean, one of them is that she just left the island with nothing, and the other where she got the data. Of course, when I think about it, there wouldn't be much difference between the two endings, but the second one could lead to an "extra level". Sort of.. Where someone bought the data and made a park and blah blah blah. I hope you know what I mean :P
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Anna wrote:The elevator idea sounds okay, although I can live without. The "plug in Harold's device" is great! But dosn't that mean that you'll have two different kinds of endings? I mean, one of them is that she just left the island with nothing, and the other where she got the data. Of course, when I think about it, there wouldn't be much difference between the two endings, but the second one could lead to an "extra level". Sort of.. Where someone bought the data and made a park and blah blah blah. I hope you know what I mean :P
Haha, uh well, not exactly. IIRC, my description requires that you have the device to get here at all - and to plug it in in order to automatically activate a connection to the Mountaintop Facility... Not that that should be required to simply open the gate, but it might turn out that way anyhow. The "device" would be carried by Anne simply by way of.. well when she picks it up, it will say that she's found the item, and when it's stowed or dropped, it will be teleported away.
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

Draconisaurus wrote:Haha, uh well, not exactly. IIRC, my description requires that you have the device to get here at all - and to plug it in in order to automatically activate a connection to the Mountaintop Facility... Not that that should be required to simply open the gate, but it might turn out that way anyhow. The "device" would be carried by Anne simply by way of.. well when she picks it up, it will say that she's found the item, and when it's stowed or dropped, it will be teleported away.
Aha! ..So, even if she doesn't get the data, nothing will change the rest of the game?
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

The point is, the way I'm planning to ---- oh. :lol: Well, if she goes through the lab, she'll get the data, regardless. But you're right - some of the OTHER paths through the game will not even go through the Lab at all, if what we're planning pans out.. In which case, my answer is - no, the game won't go into details about what happens after the rescue, at least not any more than the original game did.

Oh yeah - As a note, I was thinking that potentially, we could try doing the credits for the game INSIDE a sort of "credits" mini level, where that endgame music machf found can be playing and overlay text could display the credits... We can list all the original credits as well as TresCom participants. 8) That should be awesome.. maybe with a waterfall.. NEW TOPIC!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

So I was just thinking... Should maybe, the main harbor for Site B have.. a lighthouse?! It suddenly strikes me as odd that it didn't have one to begin with...
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by TheRaptorKiller »

Well it depends on the oceanic terrain if there are tons of rocks jutting out of the ground then yeah but if they chose a place where it was smooth and no rocks in sight they probably wouldn't have one, UNLESS it was always really foggy there because then they would need it then, but it all depends on the physical atmosphere.
Trespasser Movie Project - Private
"HALO ROCKS AND JUST WONT STOPS!" Trent Ferdig after watching new halo:reach trailer. In God we Trust
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmmmmm. I don't see why it wouldn't sometimes be foggy. But anyway - there are several rocks in the area, both around where the Emily is stranded and.. those two giant rocks in the distance. :P And hell we could put in some more if we want..