Tres: Reloaded - PV

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Tres: Reloaded - PV

Post by Draconisaurus »

This thread is for discussion and progress reports on Pine Valley Reloaded.
Erm, yeah.. this level has a whole forum devoted to it. :P We may want to keep discussion of it in there, but at the least, this thread can be used to report progress on the actual level files for Tres: R. One of the main things I will be commissioning here will be foliaging... I'm looking for anyone who has a knack for accuracy, as we have several screenshots that can be gone by, if anyone is so keen on getting it right, as Mickey once did but lost.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Re: Tres: Reloaded - PV

Post by hppav »

While watching TLW I noticed some similarities between PV and the location of the Trailers. You have an ocean cliff, pine trees, brownish terrain, and a green rex. (One of the Rexes that attacked the trailers was light green and the other was dark green, if you watch "Making of the Lost World.") It's location also roughly makes sense. It's not too close to the possible locations of the Hunter's Camp (since they drive to it). In case anyone forgot the two probable locations for the Hunter's Camp is AS1 and JR. I'm more partial to AS1 myself since it was in a forest area and not a jungle, but that's me :P

What this means is, we could potentially place some burnt out and warped wreckage at the bottom of the cliff.

Here's a mockup showing that the cliff hanging scene could occur here (though the cliff isn't nearly as tall, but that's likely due to the limitations of Trespasser and the shape of Cocos Island anyway.

Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nice bus :P Well, while that's obviously not something that was intended for Trespasser IMO, it would make a great addition, if you're going to be making it anyway - despite the fact that it should be destroyed. But who cares! The hunters didn't really scatter all over the island, either. :yum: And as long as it doesn't interfere with the established PV locations... I think it'll work great.

That is an interesting thought. Is anyone in favor of making the PV shoreline cliff several times as steep (and by consequence, some of the harbor cliff)? This could be accomplished simply by some careful lowering of the ocean level. Could even make it go deeper, out to sea, as it technically should.... That might also allow the fog to help make the ocean more realistic, if we end up making it semi-transparent.

As a note on my original request for accuracy-foliagers, I've since decided to make the foliage of PV resemble more the earliest concept images of PV, rather than various early ingame tests and even the later concepts. I can only begin to imagine with the wide-open valley at the start of PV will look like with true-sized pines...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Double-post, so sue me :P I've seen lots of people visiting and posting since this last post, I think that's reason enough because I've got an update:

Consider this an official concept for misty Pine Valley at morning time. I happen to be listening to that music at this moment on Pandora radio.. and the CD cover art made me instantly look up the full res. Seems like a perfect example of a foggy pine forest that is later in the day than dawn... just what we're looking for.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Yeah that picture looks good...and I agree with the trailer idea