Tres: Reloaded - BE

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Tres: Reloaded - BE

Post by Draconisaurus »

This thread is for discussion and progress reports on Beach Reloaded.
I've actually already begun this level, mostly in terms of adjusting it to match some old beta/pre-beta stuff.. Adding some foliage.. adjusting the terrain to make a bit more sense, with that billboard of the proposed hotel in mind, showing a shallow beach coming out rather than a sheer brown cliff. :sick: Other than adjustments to that area, though, there's not much. I'm hoping we can get some more evidense of the wreckage from Anne's plane.. I may just try a retexture of the exterior of the Smuggler's plane and stick it in the ocean, heh, we'll see. I'm wanting to redesign the whole "jungle gym" thing to be more fun and interesting.. and make more sense as foundations for a hotel. In my original vision for Tres: R, for a different engine, I was going to have a significant part of the hotel completed, but I don't think we want to waste time on that here. The construction stuff will probably extend about as much as it did before.. then we'll fix the whole Brach area, making them actually eat leaves, etc.. Then, there's not much else. I'm open to new ideas on what to fill some of the empty areas of the map with.

Oh yeah, we'll probably want to import a Trike, to recreate that scene with the Trike at the Terminal.. And, the Terminal gate has always been something of a neat little mystery. Maybe we'll try getting it to work like it was supposed to.. I imagine that they may have tried to make it so the player could attempt, and fail, to lift that giant piece of lumber holding the gate in place. I might be able to set something like that up.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Tres: Reloaded - BE

Post by Draconisaurus »

Aaaaaaaaand I got a bit side-tracked tonight, but in a good way. I was supposed to continue working on the Plains so I could show you all my progress on that front.. But instead, I started editing more terrain in BE and got a little carried away. Some of the edits were done last year, around the front of the beach, but I took the terrain to a whole new level and opened up..most of the map to be explorable. It's currently looking to me like it will link up with TS (Train Station), although that would throw the time-of-day off. I may have to do two versions of TS to account for this.. Anyway!

I am releasing my progress on BE for you all to see.. but also, I am seeking volunteers to do foliage work for the vast regions newly opened up in the level. The player can now explore all around the southern mountains of Isla Sorna and travel along the rest of the southeastern beach. For now, I'm looking only for people to do foliage and terrain object work (dinosaurs and other things will be done later). The terrain is not in its final form - though it's close enough that foliage can be placed in all the various locations that will be explorable. I will explain this in more detail to whoever gets to do it, but I've placed some random trees around to show the areas I wish to be naturally detailed. Also note that some areas of the terrain which look climbable are intended to be but.. not quite working yet, which is fine, I'll fix that later.

A final note for viewing! The game must be minimized and then restored in order to have proper fog color.
http://www.box.net/shared/5vbi8moab7

Enjoy these previews while you wait:
Image Image Image Image

PS: As a note, future content releases for Tres Reloaded will be kept in a shared folder which is restricted to invited collaborators - at least this is my hope. It will require me to send an invitation email to anyone wishing to work on the project. Does anyone have a problem with this? If not, I guess people can go ahead and PM me their email, if they wish to collaborate.. (if I don't already have your email)
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by TheRaptorKiller »

Draconisaurus wrote: A final note for viewing! The game must be minimized and then restored in order to have proper fog color.
I know I hate that you have to do that...why is that?
BTW I like the look of the NEW* Beach Great Job Master Draco *Bows Head like in star wars* :)
If you want Help I can if no one else wants to or can, cause i am pretty free.
Trespasser Movie Project - Private
"HALO ROCKS AND JUST WONT STOPS!" Trent Ferdig after watching new halo:reach trailer. In God we Trust
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thankies :nerd: And offer noted, I'll let others say if they'd like to..

And it's because of a hardware rendering glitch in the engine, which came about because the dev team did not anticipate wide use of hardware drivers at the time. Seems to have been applied sort of as an afterthought.
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Draconisaurus wrote:Noted, I'll let others say if they'd like to..

And it's because of a hardware rendering glitch in the engine, which came about because the dev team did not anticipate wide use of hardware drivers at the time. Seems to have been applied sort of as an afterthought.
Ok answers one of my many questions :P
"HALO ROCKS AND JUST WONT STOPS!" Trent Ferdig after watching new halo:reach trailer. In God we Trust
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

I am Sparticus!

Wow those screens really do show that you've done well in the lighting/time department, you have done a great job on that infact :P

Okay, so I came, I saw, had my ass kicked in Halo because I forgot to back out of the lobby, and read the topic, now what lord Draco?
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lmao. Go ask machf those questoins. And read the other threads in this section.. (Oh and we now have a Halo subforum btw)
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Yay, now it looks like a beach, but I don't think building the VS so close to the water level is a good idea because of hurricanes.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

I might have time to do some folige and terrian work!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
tatu

Post by tatu »

Btw... whats the points of this?

Why not make something more fun and interesting of it? :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Don't kid yourself - this is what InGen planned, which is why I made it look like this:
ImageImage
tatu wrote:Btw... whats the points of this?

Why not make something more fun and interesting of it? :)
I always wondered that myself. I personally think it was more demoing of the new physics engine, which was quite a big deal back then. People probably would have climbed over it being like, "omfg it's real physics" etc. I agree, it would be cool to make it into something more.. interesting.. Anyone got an idea?
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

I just played the lev. It's nice :P. And makes more sence now, sort of xD.
The two walls.. Hmmm.. Right now, I don't have any ideas for it, but I'll tell, if I figure out something :P.
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

I would say, put some bases for the steel columns. Maybe even some steel beams and decking for the floor, etc.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

u could have a new model of a 1/8 done building like this http://www.builderswithoutborders.com/p ... geria3.gif just a little less complete like one floor looking like this.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Anna wrote:I just played the lev. It's nice :P. And makes more sence now, sort of xD.
The two walls.. Hmmm.. Right now, I don't have any ideas for it, but I'll tell, if I figure out something :P.
Thanks!..Alright. :yum:
hppav wrote:I would say, put some bases for the steel columns. Maybe even some steel beams and decking for the floor, etc.
Hmmm.. Any idea what those would look like?
TheRaptorKiller wrote:u could have a new model of a 1/8 done building like this http://www.builderswithoutborders.com/p ... geria3.gif just a little less complete like one floor looking like this.
I once definitely considered that - but I'm not really "in the mood." :yum: If someone wants to tackle this, then maybe it can be put in! But I'm certainly not going to - I have enough to worry about with the construction zone in JPDS1.