TresCom Community Project 1 - Trespasser: Reloaded

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

TresCom Community Project 1 - Trespasser: Reloaded

Post by Draconisaurus »

At long last, I hereby announce the true genesis of both the TresCom Community Project and the thought-to-be-dead Trespasser: Reloaded project.

In fact, the memberishp of TresCom has been attempting to recreate the Trespasser of olden times, at various stages of development, since it came into being, in the form of maps, screenshots, and many-page-long discussions. Trespasser: Reloaded is intended both as a final rendering of a great number of the deductions from the community about the Trespasser that might have been and as a chance to rework the game into a fresh and exciting form that the developers would only have dreamed of (or perhaps not).

The TresCom Community Project is to bring this complete set of levels to life, one at a time, by working together and distributing the work among those who have the skill, time, and dedication. The first level in the project is to be IT (aka TO), the "InGen Town". An incredible amount of speculation on what Trespasser would have been centers around the town and the various paths that lead to and from it, so I think it makes the perfect starting point.

In addition to simply making the town as it may originally have been intended, we're going to inject the long-lost TresCom Town project into this one. That's right - everyone interested needs to pick out a little spot for their bungalow, post a screenshot to show their "plot", and then deliver a GRF/SCN file to me so I can import your objects (with proper renaming) into the main version. This is on a first-come first-serve basis, so show us your spot as soon as you have it! If you wish to inhabit a more specific dwelling of the town (a room in the saloon, for example), just speak up and we'll discuss it. You can use either the smaller or larger bungalow model for your home, as long as you can fill it properly. Yes, you're allowed to import new objects like posters and crap, though it might be a good idea to bring it up with me before you do so we make sure all goes well. Copies of anything in the level are at your disposal, and of course you can import objects from other levels but again, you might wanna run them by me first, in PM or here.
Even better, if you want to model your own home, I'll help you make it happen. It doesn't even have to be a house, let's make this fun.

Now before ya'll go diving into TresEd, I highly suggest playing through it a little, first. ;) Works perfectly in Trespasser CE - remember to have a copy of the retail Stream.tpa in \data.

http://dracoastreus.opiumdreamsband.com ... lease1.rar

Go go go!
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: TresCom Community Project - Trespasser: Reloaded

Post by Nick3069 »

:o Holy molly! I didn't expect you to do so much in so little time.
Draconisaurus wrote:The first level in the project is to be IT (aka TO), the "InGen Town".
Does that mean the level files will be renamed to TO once it's done?
Draconisaurus wrote:everyone interested needs to pick out a little spot for their bungalow, post a screenshot to show their "plot", and then deliver a GRF/SCN file to me so I can import your objects (with proper renaming) into the main version. This is on a first-come first-serve basis, so show us your spot as soon as you have it!
Will the blue area in Sam's map also be available for house placement?
For not, I choose the spot to the East of the construction trailers.
spot.jpg
spot.jpg (61.48 KiB) Viewed 22461 times
Draconisaurus wrote:Even better, if you want to model your own home, I'll help you make it happen. It doesn't even have to be a house, let's make this fun.
That's what I had planed, but my house is quite large. It's not a mansion, but somebody could mistake it for one. If my house is too big to fit in or if I run out of time to model it, I have a custom bungalow ready.
Draconisaurus wrote:Now before ya'll go diving into TresEd, I highly suggest playing through it a little, first. ;) Works perfectly in Trespasser CE - remember to have a copy of the retail Stream.tpa in \data.
but... never mind, I won't spoil the surprise.
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by TheRaptorKiller »

I would like my house to be right here, AND I already have a house model that i'd like to be mine here is the spot..
MYSPOT.JPG
MYSPOT.JPG (138.41 KiB) Viewed 22449 times
Trespasser Movie Project - Private
"HALO ROCKS AND JUST WONT STOPS!" Trent Ferdig after watching new halo:reach trailer. In God we Trust
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Man, this looks cool. What a time to have no hard drive though! >.<
ImageImage
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nick3069 wrote: :o Holy molly! I didn't expect you to do so much in so little time.
To be perfectly honest, everything but the terrain (which you already saw) was done last night. It's called midnight oil...
Draconisaurus wrote:The first level in the project is to be IT (aka TO), the "InGen Town".
Does that mean the level files will be renamed to TO once it's done?
That was my original hope, but I doubt the level files will work being renamed to TO... and I am definitely wanting to base it on a retail level, for superior mipmaps (and of course bumpmaps). None the less, I am going to attempt a rename at some point to see if it works, for other reasons..
Will the blue area in Sam's map also be available for house placement?
For not, I choose the spot to the East of the construction trailers.
Ah, Lol I'm afraid not. And alright, though take care that that area is a bit removed from the road, seems to me, and somewhat under cunstruction. ;P Still, a nice open space, should work out.
That's what I had planed, but my house is quite large. It's not a mansion, but somebody could mistake it for one. If my house is too big to fit in or if I run out of time to model it, I have a custom bungalow ready.
Wow, sounds great! :mrgreen:
Draconisaurus wrote:Now before ya'll go diving into TresEd, I highly suggest playing through it a little, first. ;) Works perfectly in Trespasser CE - remember to have a copy of the retail Stream.tpa in \data.
but... never mind, I won't spoil the surprise.
;)
TheRaptorKiller wrote:I would like my house to be right here, AND I already have a house model that i'd like to be mine here is the spot..
Perfect spot.. and wow, I didn't expect the custom-house offer to be taken up on so much so soon. Can't wait to see these things.
(haha, can't wait for the other 42% before claiming your spot, eh? :lol: )

And Matt, if you can describe the location of the plot you'd like, you can get away without posting a screen, due to your situation..

Btw Nick, did you modify the way the East Gate works? I seem to remember these little triggers that stopped the doors as they opened.. the set-up seems wholly different now.
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

I want my house to be HERE:
I'm going to model my house :D. I would be pretty fun! Maybe take some time, but it would be fun! :mrgreen:.
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Alrighty.. Lol that church seems to attract a lot of home builders to its area. :yum:

(Now watch, Sam is going to live in the upstairs of the Church)
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

Draconisaurus wrote:Alrighty.. Lol that church seems to attract a lot of home builders to its area. :yum:
I only took the place, because there's room there O.o. But don't tell anybody! XD.
(Now watch, Sam is going to live in the upstairs of the Church)
Lol! XD
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Draconisaurus wrote:(Now watch, Sam is going to live in the upstairs of the Church)
:lol: Actually I would like the space between the InGeneral Store and the Gas Station :P ANd you know me, custom house :P
Attachments
Consider this spot claimed :P
Consider this spot claimed :P
considerthisspotclaimed.jpg (147.68 KiB) Viewed 22395 times
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha, alrighty Sam, can't wait to see this one. 8)

Also, Matt has confirmed the location for his house via messenger:

Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

I've got some very nice real estate in the sahara and a little cottage just inside a bird cage :P I also have a temporary HQ in a church... (need to get that finished and released within a few months if I can)
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Bird cage.. :lol: Anyway dude pick out a spot! :P Doesn't have to be anything fancy.. I can help set up anything you want.
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

Picked out this location.
ehouseloc.jpg
ehouseloc.jpg (170.21 KiB) Viewed 22380 times

Is there any design specs etc, basic rules for the house?
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Draconisaurus wrote:Bird cage.. :lol: Anyway dude pick out a spot! :P Doesn't have to be anything fancy.. I can help set up anything you want.
can I has the spot next to enigma's? if that's ok with everyone? I don't want a lot of land but I'd like to be near the ops centre and the fenced side... I don't like walls... terrible views
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

enigma wrote:Is there any design specs etc, basic rules for the house?
All those that I laid out in the first post. You can use the small or large bungalow, or pick a specific existing location if you clear it with me, or bring in something from another level, or make it from scratch yourself.

I am going to announce here that I've realized it would be prudent for me to release certain models I have at this time for use in people's houses. I can't do it this second but hopefully later today.. I'm planning to release a package of TPMs including things like the bed, gun cabinet, and other crap from Mystery Models in Tres-ready form. So.. for things like that, if you're wanting better options, just work on other elements of your home until I get that out.
Shadow Wolf wrote:can I has the spot next to enigma's? if that's ok with everyone? I don't want a lot of land but I'd like to be near the ops centre and the fenced side... I don't like walls... terrible views
Heheh, well as you may notice in enigma's screenshot, the fence is no longer there. It never made much sense there, anyway. When I'm finished with it, the town will be completely enclosed by either the concrete walls or big terrain slopes. The fence is replaced with a slope, in this case, and a concrete wall will eventually be just to the left in the image there, right next to where your place would be..... Can I suggest another place?