TresCom Community Project 1 - Trespasser: Reloaded

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: TresCom Community Project 1 - Trespasser: Reloaded

Post by Draconisaurus »

Technically you can use Paint for something that simple. :P But there are plenty of free graphic editors with no watermarks. Better ask someone else here...

And I don't think that plot is taken. But, please be sure to use the IT that I provided for download - your plot is right on the edge of what's now an unbroken mountain ridge.
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by TheRaptorKiller »

Draconisaurus wrote:Technically you can use Paint for something that simple. :P But there are plenty of free graphic editors with no watermarks. Better ask someone else here...

And I don't think that plot is taken. But, please be sure to use the IT that I provided for download - your plot is right on the edge of what's now an unbroken mountain ridge.
Jeblack download gimp it rocks but for stuff like screens I just use paint.
Trespasser Movie Project - Private
"HALO ROCKS AND JUST WONT STOPS!" Trent Ferdig after watching new halo:reach trailer. In God we Trust
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Draconisaurus wrote:Technically you can use Paint for something that simple. :P But there are plenty of free graphic editors with no watermarks. Better ask someone else here...

I can't download it, it says it can't find your website...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Fraknuts. It would have done well to bring this up as soon as you'd discovered it. :| I'm not sure what's up - Mickey is the one who hosts it for me. Hopefully he'll respond in this thread when he sees this... :sick: Meanwhile.. I don't have an alternate link for you at this time. I'll put it up somewhere soonish, I suppose. I'll look into various options.
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Draconisaurus wrote:Fraknuts. It would have done well to bring this up as soon as you'd discovered it. :| I'm not sure what's up - Mickey is the one who hosts it for me. Hopefully he'll respond in this thread when he sees this... :sick: Meanwhile.. I don't have an alternate link for you at this time. I'll put it up somewhere soonish, I suppose. I'll look into various options.
This IS as soon as I discovered it...I'll wait for it.
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=52b2 ... f6e8ebb871

Mmk, my house is done. I didn't rename any objects, though.

UPDATE: I added a few things....=D
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Downloaded, thank you. I'll be checking it out later on. 8)
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Draconisaurus wrote:Downloaded, thank you. I'll be checking it out later on. 8)
Okay.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

You should have used my level for that purpose, not minilevel. Here it is again for the other members:
http://cid-955a2d2e26a2a077.skydrive.li ... mplate.zip

It's simple and maybe you should have used an existing bungalow and fill it up instead of choosing an empty spot.
The door is hard to open, those barricaded windows look horrible, there are way too many guns, but the rest looks nice.
If you wan't, I can make you some better window barricades.
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Nick3069 wrote:You should have used my level for that purpose, not minilevel. Here it is again for the other members:

It's simple and maybe you should have used an existing bungalow and fill it up instead of choosing an empty spot.
The door is hard to open, those barricaded windows look horrible, there are way too many guns, but the rest looks nice.
Okay, well, i can't fix the door, but yes, I would like new barricades. and I'll eliminate guns.
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

jetblack wrote:
Nick3069 wrote:You should have used my level for that purpose, not minilevel. Here it is again for the other members:

Okay, well, i can't fix the door, but yes, I would like new barricades. and I'll eliminate guns.
Oh, and I can't import my house into your level.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

jetblack wrote:I can't fix the door
Why is that? The problem is that it's scraping the ground, all you need to do is raise the door a little bit off the ground or shrink the door's physics box.
jetblack wrote:I would like new barricades. and I'll eliminate guns.
Alright, I'll make some and I'll PM you to ask you what you think once they are done.
jetblack wrote:I can't import my house into your level.
What's the problem?

BTW, you don't need to quote every time you want to reply, you can click on PostReply in the top left and bottom left corners, or, in this case, you could have click on the button just left of Quote; EDIT.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah, cool your jets over there. ;)

Hmmm Nick, it's not possible to sort of.. publish a file from your skydrive to the TresCom skydrive, is it?
Hmmmm skydrives include Favorites... I really wish Chrome could access that. Could always do it manually of course.

Anyhow, yes, leave gun placement for the level designer(s) who do the final version of IT. It's not going to be anything like the original town - guns will be scarce (though probably more common in the town than most other places in Reloaded). And erm, I would say please do not bother attempting to import your house into IT..
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hmmm Nick, it's not possible to sort of.. publish a file from your skydrive to the TresCom skydrive, is it?
I don't think so, I think you will need to manually upload it to that SkyDrive.
Nick3069 wrote:
jetblack wrote:I would like new barricades. and I'll eliminate guns.
Alright, I'll make some and I'll PM you to ask you what you think once they are done.
I tried PMing you but it keeps saying there is no recipient selected. (Server switch error maybe?)
Here is the model:
http://cid-955a2d2e26a2a077.skydrive.li ... Window.zip
I basically just took one of the boarded window model from a bungalow and made it it's own model.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nick3069 wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Hmmm Nick, it's not possible to sort of.. publish a file from your skydrive to the TresCom skydrive, is it?
I don't think so, I think you will need to manually upload it to that SkyDrive.
Right, I went and did a test to see if I could "link" a file from my skydrive to TresCom's and it was a no-go, even though you can do this in some other cases.. Anyway, you should be allowed to upload anything to TresCom's skydrive, which is the entire point of it. Though, I have some new ideas regarding the subject, which I'll try to remember to post in the thread about it before I'm finished checking the forum..