TresCom Community Project 1 - Trespasser: Reloaded

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: TresCom Community Project - Trespasser: Reloaded

Post by Draconisaurus »

That's an interesting point. Yes I am willing to edit the terrain, just give some instructions with delivery of the level files on how you'd like it to be modified..

If you are good with exporting models and such from Trespasser, you can attempt to make a little mini level that has just your home's objects (including instance clones from IT; the parent instance needn't be present, its mesh will just be imported without an instance of the -00 model) when you're ready to submit. Might as well move the player to the loc of your house and use a copy of the released IT's terrain for it. It will save a lot of space and up/download time, but if you choose this method, please be careful.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

enigma wrote:I like those models in sketchup, is quite easy to use for designing buildings i've found.
It's normal that you say that because SketchUp was designed for architects.
enigma wrote:Are you willing to edit the terrain a bit, or will it cause the terrain issues?
Why? Do you have a basement?
Draconisaurus wrote:If you are good with exporting models and such from Trespasser, you can attempt to make a little mini level that has just your home's objects (including instance clones from IT; the parent instance needn't be present, its mesh will just be imported without an instance of the -00 model) when you're ready to submit. Might as well move the player to the loc of your house and use a copy of the released IT's terrain for it. It will save a lot of space and up/download time, but if you choose this method, please be careful.
Okay, but what about the names? If everybody names his house "house-00" there will be a conflict on import. Shouldn't there be a naming convention to follow?
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Nick3069 wrote:
enigma wrote:
Are you willing to edit the terrain a bit, or will it cause the terrain issues?
Why? Do you have a basement?

Okay, but what about the names? If everybody names his house "house-00" there will be a conflict on import. Shouldn't there be a naming convention to follow?
Watchtwr-00 FTW but otherwise I agree... some way of choosing names...

and maybe it's be more awesome to wait and see on the basement part...
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Dibs on "MyEvilFortressOfDoom-00", "MySecretUndergroundLab-00", and "MyInexpugnableDungeons-00"...

My suggestion: build your house on the MiniLev, terrain included, then the terrain can be exported as a .tpm file and used as a template to edit the terrain where it will be placed in the final version.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well, I'm doubting anyone is stupid enough to make an instance called "House-00"... ;) But anyway, I will be checking instance names before import, and as stated in the first post, will be renaming instance copies as needed. I would ask everyone to pick a number to apply before their instances, like "-767##", but I doubt seriously this would be 100% followed and if I assumed that it were, we'd probably end up with people's objs overwriting each other. If you want to go ahead and do it, though, that's awesome. As for NEW object names, I really doubt identical ones will be chosen, seeing how much imagination is required to work with Trespasser and not give up in the first place..
machf wrote:Dibs on "MyEvilFortressOfDoom-00", "MySecretUndergroundLab-00", and "MyInexpugnableDungeons-00"...
:lol: You got it, can't wait to see the finished products...
My suggestion: build your house on the MiniLev, terrain included, then the terrain can be exported as a .tpm file and used as a template to edit the terrain where it will be placed in the final version.
That should work just as well, if you don't mind me choosing the exact position of the house and being without a reference to the neighboring structures.. be absolutely sure it will fit in your plot. Also, I think only people wanting basements etc. will need anything but a flat terrain, making use of the minilev/startlev that much easier..
Reaper67
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Location: I live in a cave. I learned to speak Raptor so they don't know I'm different.

Post by Reaper67 »

This all looks really cool. I have the skills to use TresED but I have a really old computer where all of my gaming activities take place so I can't exactly use it :cry: . How long do I have before this offer is closed and is there any alternative to the TresED?
I am the sole creator of the Trespasser page in MyCheats. Go check it out and tell me what you think.

~Reaper67.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

No alternative to TresEd I'm afraid, unless you assassinate a dev that happens to have GUIApp and the old MaxScripts. ;)
As for deadlines, there are none, really. The project as a whole is likely to last over a year, though I would hope IT (and maybe PL) can be at least 90% completed by Winter..
Reaper67
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Location: I live in a cave. I learned to speak Raptor so they don't know I'm different.

Post by Reaper67 »

OK, I hope to have a better computer on which to use my game tools soon so I will be adding to the community then.
I am the sole creator of the Trespasser page in MyCheats. Go check it out and tell me what you think.

~Reaper67.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Great to hear. You don't have to model your own home lol, populating an existing bungalow with your own stuff in TresEd is perfectly fine. Another fine method to go with that is replacing textures on existing objects (making sure the new images are in 8-bit format of course) to make old things look new, etc.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Soooo how are people other than Nick doing with all this?? He's given some great updates, I am wanting to know how everyone else is doing, now that the school year has just ended for many people..

So far, here are the people I am aware of being on board to have a house in the town:
Me, Nick, TRK, Matt, Anna, Sam, Wolfy, Enigma, Rex, SI, machf, Nem, possibly Egghead and Reaper67.
Draco master
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Draco master »

Draconisaurus wrote:Soooo how are people other than Nick doing with all this?? He's given some great updates, I am wanting to know how everyone else is doing, now that the school year has just ended for many people..

So far, here are the people I am aware of being on board to have a house in the town:
Me, Nick, TRK, Matt, Anna, Sam, Wolfy, Enigma, Rex, SI, machf, Nem, possibly Egghead and Reaper67.
I'm workin on this as well... going extremely slow but I have some plans ^o^, I have a feeling that I need to find a new spot... maybe somewhere near the dam (or where it would be unless its moved) XD I haven't been keeping pace x_X
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Sam from electronics please come to lane 17 or call 217 for a price check please. Sam from electronics call 217 or come to lane 17 for a price check. Thank you.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Reaper67
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Reaper67 »

I found a way to use Tres ED efficiently. I am working on a house as we speak. I want to give you the area that I wish to use but, rather nubishly, I have not been able to figure out how to post images. I would also like to know one other thing, when it comes to sending files do I send the level files or something else?

Thank you.

~Reaper67.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Draco master wrote:I'm workin on this as well... going extremely slow but I have some plans ^o^
Good to hear.
Draco master wrote:I have a feeling that I need to find a new spot... maybe somewhere near the dam (or where it would be unless its moved) XD I haven't been keeping pace x_X
No the dam has not been moved, but the way to get there has been enlarged by a lot.
hppav wrote:Sam from electronics please come to lane 17 or call 217 for a price check please. Sam from electronics call 217 or come to lane 17 for a price check. Thank you.
What? You're making a super market or something?!?
Reaper67 wrote:I found a way to use Tres ED efficiently. I am working on a house as we speak. I want to give you the area that I wish to use but, rather nubishly, I have not been able to figure out how to post images.
Good.
To upload a picture, you can use the "Upload attachment" tab when posting a message or use a picture hosting site like Photobucket or Imageshack and post a link to that picture.
Reaper67 wrote:I would also like to know one other thing, when it comes to sending files do I send the level files or something else?
What do you mean? Are you asking how to send your house? There are 2 ways:
  • make a level with only your house in it, preferably in the same coordinates, and send the level files.
  • send all the TPMs, textures, etc in an archive.
The first option is preferred for many reasons.

EDIT: Damn! I wanted to post a little update, but I get an error when uploading pictures to Photobucket.
The Kitchen is mostly done, all is left are the doors and so is the shower, all that's missing is the shower head and the door.
Reaper67
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Reaper67 »

Thanks for the info. As for the level saves, do you mean that I should delete everything else in the level or just make the house and save it like that?

Reaper's Plot....I know that this isn't the best picture but that's just what my editor looks like.

http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww31 ... Myplot.jpg

Wu's land is to the top, the pipe can be seen in the lower right corner and to the bottom is the large boulder with the Raptor B-Tribe standing next to it. I don't know if it would be OK but, maybe he could be relocated in the final version. It's not a big deal if he can't.

I had an interesting idea. My house is a bit small for the chosen plot so I was wondering if I could expand a bit. I have two different expansion ideas. I could construct a hallway to a second part of my house or I could make a few cages in which I would put a couple of dinos. I wouldn't move them but I would copy them. I don't know if that would work out but if it's possible I would like to try. The first option would probably be better for now, if any.

I have been working on my house (location can still be changed if needed) and this is how it looks so far....
http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww31 ... ession.jpg

My plan is to make it a two story house.

~Reaper67.