remake all the trespasser levels

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

T-REXHarley
Triceratops
Triceratops

remake all the trespasser levels

Post by T-REXHarley »

has anywhone ever tried to remake all the trespasser levels? i mean like take away the old one and put in the new ones made by trasspasser. mabey improve the senery. not nessasarially rebuild it just inprove the origonal game. then we could just download it and it would play when we click new game instead of having to select the levels. i think this would be cool as long as someone reliable did it. it would be really cool if trescom did it! id like to see the new raptors and dilos in the origonal plot.
Beware the great ginger afro-man.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

John Parker Hammond was doing something like that, but I don't think he's finished...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

Someone elsed attempted to do this also. Alas, I can't recall his/her name...
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

I was gonna try, be decided to start a new level.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Slugger wrote:Someone elsed attempted to do this also. Alas, I can't recall his/her name...
I did, using FarCry, if I'm the one you're thinking of.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

machf wrote:John Parker Hammond was doing something like that, but I don't think he's finished...
If I remember correctly, he only released the Beach (possibly the second level as well?) then continued to work on the rest... but after quite a bit of work his computer crashed and he lost all his work. At that point I think he just gave up. So I don't think we'll be seeing his remade levels at all.
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Couple things. Yeah I remember this being attempted, Sam I don't think it was you. It was called Ex-Trespasser or something. And yeah I don't think it got very far.

I spent some time recreating IJ, also combining it with IT and trying to make the Plains... I got kinda far but still have much work to do on it. It is however part of my project idea to recreate the entire game, the aim being not to improve everything but to restore the original vision of Trespasser to the actual game. This is mainly things like lost levels (PV, ascent levels) and removed puzzels (capacitors, Summit comm tower circuits), as well as foliage density that was reduced for framerate.

I still plan on doing this, right now I'm mainly involved with PA - machf is working on the level between Lab and As1, which I think he's linking to As2.
BTW, about that. I think I've figured it out, and I plan to set up the levels based somewhat on this. Ascent 1 uses the terrain file "as.wtd" and Ascent 2 uses "as4.wtd". I believe as4.wtd initially only covered the area from where that road comes in from the other side to the elevator at the top, used for a level called Ascent 4. Now, if we assume there was a level right after Lab dealing only with the Paddocks, it would lead either into Ascent 1 or Ascent 2. Ascent 1 would be basically what it is now and lead up past the Mayan pyramid. Ascent 2 would go up around the mountain the other way - perhaps there was a seperate forest path that preceeded this, after the paddocks. Ascent 3 would be what most of Ascent 2 currently is, starting with the race down the hill and around the corner from the raptors and beginning up the mountain at the Mayan statues. It would end instead at the point where the road that curves around from the other side of the mountain joins with the path. Ascent 4, as I mentioned above, would be everything from that point until the elevator, though that does seem like a fairly small level if memory serves.

Anyway, this is basically how I plan to set up the levels when we rerelease them. At some point I must speak with machf about leading his paddocks level smoothly from the modded Lab level into either As1 or As2 (modded) - I want to make it begin with the very first paddock (rather than after it, where Lab currently ends) to make it not only contiguous with the other paddocks but so it makes more sense how you move from one level to the next. Actually though - from the sounds of it, he'll be including what I've identified as the old Ascent 2 in his paddocks level.. machf, what if we eh.. changed that a bit? Lol it's just an off idea but - we could make some more forest area off to the side, leading up to it, and possibly stick the Hidden Village in there to give it more interest in seeing (which btw may have been what made old Ascent 2 worth seeing - you either enter the Mayan ruins or the old colonial Hidden Village, both of which were hinted at in PV. The only sad part about that is that I had identified a nice area in Ascent 1 where it could go.. heh but you may not want to change the level that much so I might just stick it in Ascent 1, anyway. :P
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

"Maybe its called ambition..."
-Switchfoot: Awakening
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Well when ever you get around to that drac, put trees on the summit. I always wanted to see trees there.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

LOL trees?? Well I have seen certain types of volcano craters with some foliage, bushes and such.. I'll see what we can do. :P BTW whenever I get around to that project.. (god knows when that will be) maybe you can help out with some of it yourself after enough practice with TresEd.. just a thought :P
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

A remake of all the level would be a good idea. Those dino models in the game suck, the bipeds don't have any toes or fingers, unlike the rigged JPOG dinos.

If ever you get around to it, Draconisaurus, you should use a reskined rigged JPOG dinos. Or make go into alot of trouble and make your own. Oh, BTW, if you do this project after PV is done you could make the levels link to it, were it is suposed to be in the game. Just a thought!
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Draconisaurus wrote:LOL trees?? Well I have seen certain types of volcano craters with some foliage, bushes and such.. I'll see what we can do. :P BTW whenever I get around to that project.. (god knows when that will be) maybe you can help out with some of it yourself after enough practice with TresEd.. just a thought :P

My temple level still has never crashed on me :)
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

HAHAHAHAHAHA
I tried this once and almost always i ran into Massive Fatal Errors when I moved and original tree or replaced an original mesh.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nick3069 wrote:If ever you get around to it, Draconisaurus, you should use a reskined rigged JPOG dinos. Or make go into alot of trouble and make your own. Oh, BTW, if you do this project after PV is done you could make the levels link to it, were it is suposed to be in the game. Just a thought!
Lol well that is the plan for PV. Like I said many times, I plan to rerelease all the levels in a form as close as we can get to their originally intended forms..
As for JPOG dinos, well that is kinda the plan. :P SI is on the JPDS Team, and I collaborate quite closely with machf. That is the only way I have a working Spino already.. no time to model new dinos just now. We already have the OG Anky in the actual JPDS1 level files if you check out past updates. :)
And btw, JPDS1 is my primary concern - I simply help with PV (a lot :P), hopefully it will be completed soon. I would like them both to come out around at the same time for a reason you shall see soon enough. ;)
RexHunter99 wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHA
I tried this once and almost always i ran into Massive Fatal Errors when I moved and original tree or replaced an original mesh.
What?
szhred
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by szhred »

Slugger wrote:Someone elsed attempted to do this also. Alas, I can't recall his/her name...
It was me... :)
http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... php?t=4593

And the downloads still works..