What about a TresCom Town? (Abandoned)

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

RickRex
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by RickRex »

Sound really interesting.
I should start to see how TresEd works to do my own house.
But I want to wait for my new laptop, still If it takes a long time for me to get it, I will download TresEd on thsi computer.
Really exciting idea.
Life Will Find a Way... "Dr. Ian Malcolm & John Hammond"

Don`t worry I'm not making the same mistakes again "John Hammond"
No, you're making all new ones "Dr. Ian Malcolm"

T-Rex!, You said you got a T-Rex? "Dra. Ellie Sattler"
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

TrikeUatra wrote:Hey that's a great idea Tatu! :D

I couldn't model or level edit to save my life *cringes at the thought of last attempt* ... so I certainly won't have my own jazzy place there, though :P
You can always locate a model of the Taj Mahal, the Parthenon, Buckingham Palace, the Louvre, the White House, or whatever, and pretend it's your own house... :wink:
RickRex wrote:Sound really interesting.
I should start to see how TresEd works to do my own house.
But I want to wait for my new laptop, still If it takes a long time for me to get it, I will download TresEd on thsi computer.
Really exciting idea.
Hmmm... it's not as much TresEd that you need, as some modeling program that will allow you to export a .3ds file, which can then be imported with GeomAdd. Or, with 3DStudio MAX or gMax, you can use the TPM export plugin and directy export to a .tpm file (duh!), and simialrly use GeomAdd to import it into a level.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

machf wrote:You can always locate a model of the Taj Mahal, the Parthenon, Buckingham Palace, the Louvre, the White House, or whatever, and pretend it's your own house... :wink:
Drat, you stole my idea! :P
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Ghosty
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Ghosty »

Well i don't know anything about modelling but im
good support :P
Fear the Boo!

"The Hunters Landed on may 13:th
1997 deep in the islands southwest,
most of them had worked at my
African parks for years...
They never stood a chance..."

John P. Hammond
RickRex
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by RickRex »

machf wrote:Hmmm... it's not as much TresEd that you need, as some modeling program that will allow you to export a .3ds file, which can then be imported with GeomAdd. Or, with 3DStudio MAX or gMax, you can use the TPM export plugin and directy export to a .tpm file (duh!), and simialrly use GeomAdd to import it into a level.
I see, thanks for the info, it's good to know that!
Life Will Find a Way... "Dr. Ian Malcolm & John Hammond"

Don`t worry I'm not making the same mistakes again "John Hammond"
No, you're making all new ones "Dr. Ian Malcolm"

T-Rex!, You said you got a T-Rex? "Dra. Ellie Sattler"
jp mega fan
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jp mega fan »

hey. for those that dont know how to model, someone chan make a big appartment building :mrgreen: then they chan put there stuff in it and last change the name on the doors!!
Fear the box
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

That's a good idea...
BTW, is there a deadline for this?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

U know what would be sick. To like for each of use to rig raptors, rite (or reskin one) and like mine raptor will say "ChronZerg" on its side, and then we make their t-scripts exactly the same, and finaly, have a duel of like 4 raptors at a time. See who wins. Who ever orgainzes it could "Rec" it using ATX, and then post up the vids here. May sound stupid, but I would watch the videos for sure. Also, we could put like a table up of who has the most win, and have a finally fight to see who wins. Lol.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Like some type of arena fights, chronzerg? That's a different thread, but very interesting idea. :)
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

chronzerg wrote:U know what would be sick. To like for each of use to rig raptors, rite (or reskin one) and like mine raptor will say "ChronZerg" on its side, and then we make their t-scripts exactly the same, and finaly, have a duel of like 4 raptors at a time. See who wins. Who ever orgainzes it could "Rec" it using ATX, and then post up the vids here. May sound stupid, but I would watch the videos for sure. Also, we could put like a table up of who has the most win, and have a finally fight to see who wins. Lol.
I'd suggest that each one rather script his own dino, keeping only the damage and armor values identical for all. The meshes and riggings should be the same for all, you'd use personalized textures to tell them apart...
Slash_Master
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Slash_Master »

machf wrote:
chronzerg wrote:U know what would be sick. To like for each of use to rig raptors, rite (or reskin one) and like mine raptor will say "ChronZerg" on its side, and then we make their t-scripts exactly the same, and finaly, have a duel of like 4 raptors at a time. See who wins. Who ever orgainzes it could "Rec" it using ATX, and then post up the vids here. May sound stupid, but I would watch the videos for sure. Also, we could put like a table up of who has the most win, and have a finally fight to see who wins. Lol.
I'd suggest that each one rather script his own dino, keeping only the damage and armor values identical for all. The meshes and riggings should be the same for all, you'd use personalized textures to tell them apart...
:| ...

Yeah! Let's do this !!!!!!!! :P
SlashMaster's Bio-Terror
50%
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Dude that sounds awesome... I'll be sure to make a location in this level somewhere for that! :mrgreen: BTW there is no set date for this level to happen... but it is so cool that I will make sure it happens eventually. Just out of time currently..
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: What about a TresCom Town?

Post by tatu »

Wonder if people have forgot about this xD, well, ether Draco or I got the old files left of TresCom Town, so I just started to make a whole new one:)
So.. if anyone want's, make a house in a small level and send the level to me and I place it in the new town:)

Make a house, and I fix the level into the level;)

TIPS:
Take a house from IT och the LAB level, then export it into a small level, like minilev. Then export objects from trespasser into that level and decorate your house, and then send it to me:)
Last edited by tatu on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

It has been awhile, reading back, everyone was excited :P

I got a partial House, needs finishing, textures, collisions, bit if cleaning. Could perhaps provide it soon. No idea what it was for, concept house I think.

Is there any particular style, style of the ones in IT, or just total freedom?
tatu

Post by tatu »

enigma wrote:It has been awhile, reading back, everyone was excited :P

I got a partial House, needs finishing, textures, collisions, bit if cleaning. Could perhaps provide it soon. No idea what it was for, concept house I think.

Is there any particular style, style of the ones in IT, or just total freedom?
Do whatever you want:) But what I meant was that I only fix the house into the level:P xD
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."