Industrial Jungle - Old and Improved

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Industrial Jungle - Old and Improved

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well I've got very little time to post this as I have to work in a sec, but here are screens of a level I started back during the schoolyear. I mensioned it once in a dev journal, the objective is to return many of the things that were left out of gameplay to the level (such as things hidden in the basement) and to give it the overall feel we get when we look at the oldest trespasser concept art/screens. Also going to put in things like the monorail continuing to the town... OH and I should mension my objective is also to recreate the entire InGen Town inside IJ, possibly even the Plains. 8) We'll see how it goes! Currently having major issues with bad imports, which knowing me is not good cause I know almost everything that can cause a bad import, hopefully I can sort it out soon. That's all I gotta go, here are some screens!!

Image Image
Image Image
Nem
-=TresCom Administrator=-
-=TresCom Administrator=-

Post by Nem »

Interesting concept!

Joining the town to the IJ ,plus the plains, would make one kick-ass level.
RickRex
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by RickRex »

a GIGANTIC idea I would say
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

I think my fingers would get tired from playing a level that big... :P

Good luck with that!
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
V-Rex
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by V-Rex »

Not but I guess
Ian Malcolm: Ouaa that's how it always starts but later is running and screaming...

Life Will Find a Way... "Dr. Ian Malcolm & John Hammond"

Realise I can never win Sometimes feel I have failed Inside where do I bein My mind is laughing at me...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Got an update today. 8) Been importing like crazy and spent a good hour at least changing the palette of all the IT town trnobjs into that of IJ.... unfortunately this means a lot of them have color issues, like not enough reds or light whites, so I may end up changing the whole level to the IT palette later anyway! X_X Ahhh well at least it all works for the moment.. here are some pics.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Looking good! I can help you if you want!

btw, are you going to make it possible to walk in the city?
like making the ij and it one level?
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Definately. My plan is for IJ to become IJ + Town + Plains. The other side of this is we get to release a level that will open PV.scn without just slightly editing people's retail levels (making the IT end level trigger open PV.scn instead of lab.scn :)).

And, as for your request to help, I'll go ahead and make a new announcement.

I am looking for anyone here who wants to be part of a fun modding project who's not already busy on one! I mean anyone interested please let me know! JPDS1 is close to my heart and we've already got a good team, this IJ mod is just a fun excursion for me and I'd greatly appreciate anything other members would like to contribute, from simple object placement, to possibly terrain editing and scripting and whatnot. So if you're interested in working on the IJ/IT/Plains Project, let me know and we'll get started! :mrgreen:

Tatu contact me in msn and I can set you up with the level files. :yes:
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Draconisaurus wrote:Definately. My plan is for IJ to become IJ + Town + Plains. The other side of this is we get to release a level that will open PV.scn without just slightly editing people's retail levels (making the IT end level trigger open PV.scn instead of lab.scn :)).

And, as for your request to help, I'll go ahead and make a new announcement.

I am looking for anyone here who wants to be part of a fun modding project who's not already busy on one! I mean anyone interested please let me know! JPDS1 is close to my heart and we've already got a good team, this IJ mod is just a fun excursion for me and I'd greatly appreciate anything other members would like to contribute, from simple object placement, to possibly terrain editing and scripting and whatnot. So if you're interested in working on the IJ/IT/Plains Project, let me know and we'll get started! :mrgreen:

Tatu contact me in msn and I can set you up with the level files. :yes:
Draco I will talk to you tonight on msn :wink:
tatu

Post by tatu »

Sure!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Woah, nice job!:o

I can healp if you like. (Pine valey level?) :mrgreen:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, Pine Valley is still a separate project. BTW, who is currently in charge of it?

Oh, and Draco, if you're going to fuse IJ3 and the town together, moving the crane to the "gravel hill" and all that, I suggest you get rid of the fence at the end of IJ - the wall at the start of the town should be enough. Remember, that fence's purpose is to establish a "you can't go back after you jump from here" point at the end of the level only. They didn't even bother placing it there in the town level, they just raised the terrain instead!
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

machf wrote:Well, Pine Valley is still a separate project. BTW, who is currently in charge of it?
don vercetti
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:Oh, and Draco, if you're going to fuse IJ3 and the town together, moving the crane to the "gravel hill" and all that, I suggest you get rid of the fence at the end of IJ - the wall at the start of the town should be enough. Remember, that fence's purpose is to establish a "you can't go back after you jump from here" point at the end of the level only. They didn't even bother placing it there in the town level, they just raised the terrain instead!
LOL I know but I like that fence and I can't help the temptation to script the gates to work :mrgreen:
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Nice, but shouldn't you finish JPDS first?