Industrial Jungle - Old and Improved

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

That might be why you haven't seen any updates on this lately ;P I use side-projects like this as a break from constant JPDS-ing.. and now that we've been going through all this rearranging of the map I may not really get back to this for a bit, it's going to be quite a project. BTW Mickey's recently told me about all the puzzels featured in PV, did not know we knew what they were, so I'm far more likely to pick PV back up at some point in the near future.. more likely after JPDS1 is finished.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I just hope it doesn't go like it always went. People went from one project to another and hardly anything ever actually got finished...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:That might be why you haven't seen any updates on this lately ;P I use side-projects like this as a break from constant JPDS-ing..
That's a wise attitude, and I agree 100%.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks machf. :) And to be honest, I would be posting some updates but I'm trying to wait for our site to be back online......
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Just so you know, I help Draco while he work with JPDS1. Have added lots of things now, gonna post some screen later or tomorrow! if its ok with Draco :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

It's perfectly alright, specially since I'm busy with JPDS1. ;) Post away! :mrgreen:
tatu

Post by tatu »

Ok my first update about this mod!
Here's some screenshots:

ImageImageImage

about the cars: I added more cars to make it look like more a town!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Is anyone still working on this?? Becauuse it sounds and looks great!!
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Oh yeah, that's right. I had forgotten about this project.
I have no idea if this is still under construction or not, but I think Draco has been too busy with EastDocks and JPDS to work on this.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I'll update you on this here level - it was my original idea to recreate a section of Trespasser, in a version closer to beta screenshots/concept art. Since then, I've taken on the project (haven't begun working on it, won't be for a bit) to do this for the entire retail game, and as such this level wouldn't have quite fit with the new idea, anyway. But a lot of my objectives with Old & Improved IJ are present in Trespasser: Reloaded, although now I can execute the terrain objectives even better, since machf introduced the idea of importing a terrain TPM file to show the shape of one level's terrain in another... :) Also, the town is going to be much different, since it will be using assets from JPDS2.