Released - Test Scene Reloaded

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Released - Test Scene Reloaded

Post by Draconisaurus »

So in anticipation of hitting the road and leaving the active modding scene for the time being, I ended up deciding to release a level I've had sitting around for a while (rather than cook up something quickly amidst all the other preparations going on). TstScnRld was started in 2014 and is full of tiny setups, similar to JPDS~testing. There are about 3 routes in total; do note that the level is not quite in a finished state (though a test level as such doesn't quite reach such a thing...) but offers a nice thing or two. As a small note... the hodge-podge white truck you will find up high is an experimental time machine I started over the winter. :P

Have fun and keep modding!

https://app.box.com/s/m2r94ceh6fo8c4x0n74xk1rptzd97n79
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Released - Test Scene Reloaded

Post by machf »

Let's see...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf, I can't help but notice your habit of commenting on these releases BEFORE playing and then saying nothing. :yum: Let me know what you think of the level's contents...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

So far, I've only taken a look at it with TresEd. I'm going to sleep now. Tomorrow I'll give it a go.
From what I've seen, it seems more like a level with some sort of storyline, rather than just an updated version of the TestScene...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Those are more like partly-finished explorable "zones" within the level, really.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, I tried it today... (in fact, I gave it a quick try last night after replying, but then went to bed)
I must say I'd have done some things differently, like
Spoiler: show
allowing the crane to cause damage
. Or maybe
Spoiler: show
rolling something down the monorail tracks
. Got bored while shooting at raptors and had to use "tnext" to leave the place...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I never did get around to a manual damage trigger. Might release an upgraded version of the level one day. At any rate it's clear that particular dev-planned event is not simple to set up.
Mmm what would the purpose be of an obj rolling down the monorail tracks? Not sure the particular featured configuration would quite support that..
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:I never did get around to a manual damage trigger. Might release an upgraded version of the level one day. At any rate it's clear that particular dev-planned event is not simple to set up.
You only need a physics box with a Damage value... why a trigger?
Mmm what would the purpose be of an obj rolling down the monorail tracks? Not sure the particular featured configuration would quite support that..
Hitting something below, maybe?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well then... Could have sworn I put damage on there. May have in a lost version. At any rate I will try some things out next release...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Latest test in TstScnRld... Apparently this is how the AlphaChannels look. Left to right, bottom is 0 to 9, top is 10 to 19. Yes, 19... 0 seems to be a thick opacity. 1 through 3 is a sequence of higher to lower opacity, the exact sequence/opacity being repeated 4 times until 13-15 which are all identically-opaque (50%?) and colored yellow for reasons unknown. The rest are totally invisible; assuming all higher numbers are as well.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)