Ruin Town - The Mod

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Ruin Town - The Mod

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm we shall see. It might also be nice to make use of TresCE sky features, in which case (AFAIK) we wouldn't be able to do VTD (Variable Time of Day)...
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Well, the latest CE patch did add script function. Maybe it is possible to script sky changes?
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu wrote:Well, the latest CE patch did add script function. Maybe it is possible to script sky changes?
I've thought of this as well. The only problem being that as far as I know, nobody aside from Lee on TresCom understands the scripting language used in CE. I've looked at it before and was utterly baffled (although I can't really do any programming whatsoever...).
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Have created a map of Ruin Town, for reference and organizational purposes:
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Sooo, I officially suggest that members interested in a bungalow/apartment indicate where in the above map they wish their residence to be. 8)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Is the park with the statue of Burroughs in it going to be present? Might want to note that just in case.

I'll take on the west side of Main Street, north of the intersection of Rue De Jules Verne and Main (where originally there was that one house with the fence around it across from the basketball court). :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

The Edgar Rice Burroughs statue will def. be in RT. :nerd:
As for the location you've requested - funny thing is I just got done importing the plantation house and putting it in that location. So unless you want to live in that building (which I suppose could be arranged..), I'm afraid I have to deny your first plot request. :batman:
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

As for the location you've requested - funny thing is I just got done importing the plantation house and putting it in that location. So unless you want to live in that building (which I suppose could be arranged..), I'm afraid I have to deny your first plot request. :batman:
Damn. I guess I'll take the north-east corner of Main and Burroughs then, across from the InGeneral store.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I'll take the Plantation House please :D

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TI - sorry but the location you've requested is a corner of the Burroughs plaza. :yum: Might want to go into IT yourself and find a spot with and/or next to an existing bungalow.

Tatu - done! 8) Which room do you (sorry but you don't get the whole building XD) want?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Tatu - done! 8) Which room do you (sorry but you don't get the whole building XD) want?
Ohh, it will be an apartment building? :D I'd like to take the room with the bookcase. (Can we make the big one on the left with the fireplace the common dining room?).

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

TI - sorry but the location you've requested is a corner of the Burroughs plaza. :yum: Might want to go into IT yourself and find a spot with and/or next to an existing bungalow.
:sick: Err, I meant the spot across from the plaza. It's the bungalow with the fence around it, Smanagehouseroof00-03.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

tatu wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Tatu - done! 8) Which room do you (sorry but you don't get the whole building XD) want?
Ohh, it will be an apartment building? :D I'd like to take the room with the bookcase. (Can we make the big one on the left with the fireplace the common dining room?).
Heh no it's not an apt building - and the room you choose needs to be on the 2nd floor. Mmmm haven't quite figured the fireplace room out yet, but it'll be something..
TheIdiot wrote:
:sick: Err, I meant the spot across from the plaza. It's the bungalow with the fence around it, Smanagehouseroof00-03.
Done!

EDIT: Going to keep a "master" map in the first post, showing who lives where...
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Hey, Draco, I'd like to have my residence at the very end of Burroughs Court, please. :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Done! Updated map in first post. What sort of things are you going for inside the [bungalow, presumably]?
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Draconisaurus wrote:Done! Updated map in first post. What sort of things are you going for inside the [bungalow, presumably]?
Actually, my idea was to build a kind-of-treehouse using the WiseOldTree model from TC~isle. I would attach small and large bungalows all around the tree and connect them all with wood platforms. It
would look like a little Ewok village! :P