Ruin Town - The Mod

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Ruin Town - The Mod

Post by TheIdiot »

Draco - I think you misunderstood my requested location. I was intending my house to be south of where tatu's place is, on the opposite side of Main Street from where you currently have it. It's the highlighted one in the image below:
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Also...was wondering if I'd be able to make my own house model as long as I keep it relatively the same size as the original model? If not, is it alright if I at least give my bungalow its own textures?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

TrespasserGuy wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Done! Updated map in first post. What sort of things are you going for inside the [bungalow, presumably]?
Actually, my idea was to build a kind-of-treehouse using the WiseOldTree model from TC~isle. I would attach small and large bungalows all around the tree and connect them all with wood platforms. It
would look like a little Ewok village! :P
! That sounds amazing. Mmmm I'm thinking.. about a week until a version of the level I can send you is ready.
TheIdiot wrote:Draco - I think you misunderstood my requested location. I was intending my house to be south of where tatu's place is, on the opposite side of Main Street from where you currently have it. It's the highlighted one in the image below:
Click on Image
Ah, my bad.. Fixt.
Also...was wondering if I'd be able to make my own house model as long as I keep it relatively the same size as the original model? If not, is it alright if I at least give my bungalow its own textures?
Go ahead! 8)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thought I'd post an image of current progress in RT:
Click on Image
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

This is looking very good, Draco! At first I thought that having the Plantation House in the town would be an eyesore, but it actually fits in pretty well! Can't wait to get to working on this level!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

TrespasserGuy wrote:This is looking very good, Draco! At first I thought that having the Plantation House in the town would be an eyesore, but it actually fits in pretty well! Can't wait to get to working on this level!
Completely agree - I was doubting the PH being included, but it really fits in quite well! Is the overall layout of the Town going to be largely similar to the original?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Glad you guys like it. :)
Yes, the layout will be mostly the same, aside from various additional buildings (including more bungalows and possibly LAB buildings or something similar).

EDIT: Btw, I am interested in suggestions for the small areas each gate will lead to. Planning on mini-environments on the other side of each one.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

We do need an office building where we all work to earn money to pay our rent!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Excellent idea!

*10 minutes later*

Updated the map. Currently having the office building be on the NE corner of Main and Burroughs Ct.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TG - PMing you with a link to a RT download. Sadly I couln't get the office building included yet.