Pine Valley duplicate and resources

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Pine Valley duplicate and resources

Post by glitchhunter09 »

So a little while back in 2012, I was working on a duplicate of Pine Valley to try and finish the level without having errors from modifying it. I was partially successful in that regard until I got to the geothermal plant. The Geothermal plant keeps mentioning missing triggers even though I ported over all of the triggers associated with them. Apparently, I cannot find the missing trigger and have searched all over the build 96 map. Anyway here's the last stable version I did.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oiio1 ... licate.rar

And here's my resource files for anyone that wants to continue with porting things over from the build 96 level
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pwdg4 ... Assets.rar
For those asking why I didn't use the version of Anne from build 96, it was mainly because there's several parts of her that were broken. namely floating on water. The final model also just tends to be more stable in general.

Improvements:
-The ported over dinosaurs now have a greater wake up distance.
-Anne's final model vs prototype model.
-Triceratops and Camerasaurus/Brontosaurus skulls have physics (thanks to JPDS team for making them)
-Broken Stegosaurus fixed.

Things missing:
-Geothermal plant and most things beyond it. (including the bus stop and fence to the lab level)
-Raptor nest triggers and spawns (those need to be redone anyway)
-Mayan ruins (I ported those out of the level today though so they're in the archive along with certain things above.
-various plants and trees still need to be added.
-most, if not all the voice over triggers (may have ported them out. Check the assets and see.)

Known problems:
Dinosaurs tend to wander off a lot. Can't remember if I ported over the anchors or not.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Pine Valley duplicate and resources

Post by TheIdiot »

I think I know the issue you're talking about. The trigger is part of the startup sequence for the GeoThermal Plant, but exactly what part it is, I don't remember. I discovered it myself a long time ago when I was fiddling with the PV beta to see if it was fixable. From what I remember, it might be a variable or something - heck, it might even be hardcoded into the level file or glitched, which could explain the reason for the level being scrapped. Either way, I think it would require a full rewrite of the trigger sequence in order to ensure it works correctly...we're planning to do a near-identical sequence for RTJP, so maybe I'll be able to come up with a more stable system that I could send you to see if you can get it working with PV. :)
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Well I'm probably not continuing it. I've got other things I can do with Trespasser now. This is uploaded for anyone that's interested in using it as a base for the Trespasser Reloaded level.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Well I'm probably not continuing it. I've got other things I can do with Trespasser now. This is uploaded for anyone that's interested in using it as a base for the Trespasser Reloaded level.
Gotcha. Maybe I'll look into it, I've got a few ideas for improvement on PV. I'd love to finally have a completely playable version, plus put a few twists in the style of the RL - Beach level. :)
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Nice!

Will download and take a look. Even if you won't work with it anymore, maybe someone can point out if there is a fix for future work on any level. Kinda wants me to work on my beta-retail combination again!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks for releasing! We'll see of Tres Reloaded ever gets finished... Kinda wondering if I should use TI's current HD BE remake for it.. Wondering about applying his stuff to JR and then PH.. Seems unlikely but who knows.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I don't think I had seen this post. It was probably on one of those days when I was having problems with my Internet connection. Now thanks to Drac I'm downloading the files. :wink:
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files