Pens in Tres: Reloaded? And other Tres: R related stuff

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Pens in Tres: Reloaded? And other Tres: R related stuff

Post by Draconisaurus »

Just an idea... Machf, is it possible your Pens level could be completed sometime in the next few months? I might as well state it now - Tatu and I are in full swing working on Trespasser: Reloaded now. If Pens can't be completed soon, that's fine, we'll just use something based on the beta version of that area. I just think it would be fun to enhance this project with all the work you've put into that level.

So I will announce that I have recently gotten back into Trespasser modding, in spite of my aspirations to enter the programming arena. I found out I could stabilize Tres for the most part by using lower settings. As of this post, BE Reloaded is 99% done, and I am currently working on my own test level called "TstScnRld" trying to get some scripting to work, will probably test out rare classes as well. It will be a WIP as the rest of the project develops. Next up is JR Reloaded, to have a terrain based on the Max scene Tatu procured. Its terrain covers a lot more playable area than b96/116, but is absent in certain levels of detail and opportunity for puzzles like crate-stacking. After that is the crown jewel - PH, which has never been constructed by anyone but the Tres devs so far as we know.

Actually, right now I'm taking a break at Starbucks to catch up on the forums, hehe.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Pens in Tres: Reloaded? And other Tres: R related stuff

Post by machf »

What I need is mostly filler stuff (furniture, lab equipment...). And I'm planning on switching from tunnels to canyons with bridges overhead... the physics objects needed to make the parts of the mountain atop the tunnels solid appear to make the level prone to crashes...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well there's lots of furniture and lab equipment in retail/beta/mystery-model Trespasser... What more were you looking for?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Tailor-made stuff.
Waiting for those dino corpses, too...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Tailor-made... You mean designed specifically for your level? How do you propose to acquire such models?
Dino corpses... Hmmmm. Based on retail Tres models? I might be up for that... Provided I can release them in my own content if yours doesn't come out first. I have a mod planned after or during work on Tres: Reloaded; haven't decided which dinosaur models I'll be using yet. I quite like the low-poly Trespasser models because of their stability in the engine and the potential to have more active at once without lapses in framerate. I might need new textures for them in my version but that's not a big issue; wouldn't mind skinning dead dinos twice.