TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:21 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:20 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

The latest version (V0.05b) of my Shell_Generator Easy to use Gui, with help files included. Also doubles as a pid/swp file generator and pid editor (swp size variable).

Download size: 665kbs.
Maximum level name size: 16 characters (small case)

*Note, all previous pid/swp files packs released, including those of the TPid_Generator will not work properly if you have used the MiniLev as the foundation for your level. Please use the swp/pid pack that the Shell_Gen_V0.05 produces. They will function correctly for doing a complete swap update of any MiniLev based Level.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:29 am 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

This little app is great and all, but I have a few problems with it.
  • What is "Input SWP Size" and how does this value affect my level? There is no information about it in the help file.
  • Same as #1 but for "Export PID/SWP Pack Only"
  • Whenever I try to open a level generated by this app with TresEd it gives me this error:
Attachment:
error.jpg
error.jpg [ 10.07 KiB | Viewed 2554 times ]

Even if I change the terrain file and save the level, the error returns and the terrain is flat.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:54 am 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Quote:
* What is "Input SWP Size" and how does this value affect my level? There is no information about it in the help file.
* Same as #1 but for "Export PID/SWP Pack Only"

Nick, setting the swap size before level creation gives you the ability to import more textures, hence larger levels. IE., 6 is small, 20 is extremely large. Start out small, you can always increase the size during a full swp/pid update using (export pid/swp pack only option - this creates a set of pid/swp files which can be packed using GeomAdd. (maintain a folder of all textures you imported into your level for swap updates)).

Quote:
Whenever I try to open a level generated by this app with TresEd it gives me this error:

That'd be because you're forgetting to drop the trnplacement-00.values text file into the model import folder. This file is overwritten each time you create a level to match the name chosen. This file is created along with the level files. With each new level created, drop this file into the aforementioned folder before model import. (See the quick-start guide) If you already have the level as you want it, simply use TresEd to find the terrain-placement cube and change the 'string file name to the correct level name'.