TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:27 pm 
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

you know.. am tired of all this nonsense.. can we all just move on?

Here are the dead files.. if you really want to chance having problems like I did.. be my guest.

https://app.box.com/s/sjqykieove89qp46c1pkv1mq8hgca9fk

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:07 am 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

If you got duped, then that sucks, but if you tried to dupe Trescom, you chose the wrong community.

Some of these guys have been involved in the Trespasser community since the game was released, some i think even before it was released.

Shame though, would have been great to have a new discovery.

By the way, my uncle works for InGen and i can get free dinosaurs. Who else wants one?

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:00 pm 
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Well, I dont feel too good about so called friends that say they trust you, and feel the need to lie to you about something so stupid. If he had told me where he got the discs in the first place none of us would be having this discussion. I am not sure who to trust anymore, but moving on, I am having trouble with the whole import models thing, I have not been able to get any models put in to a level. Since there is very little information on the editors here, I need some help as to how to get models in and out of Trespasser.

See the other forum entry I have that has the plains lvl in it for more information.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:06 pm 
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

That's GeomAdd, I think. You'll find it on the website under Downloads > Tools.

Edit:
GeomAdd to add, GeomExt to extract.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:31 pm 
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Geomext I think thats the one I need. I figured out how to add the files, but not take one from another.. alright, I am gonna look for the geomext then.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:08 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

GeomExt is way too old, and its code was later incorporated (and improved) into TresEd, so you just export the models from in there as .tpm files...

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:26 pm 
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

I wonder about my tresed, cause I dont see half of what I read in the forums it is supposed to have. How do you know what version you have and how do yyou get the newest version?

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:19 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

The last version published can be found here:

http://www.trescom.org/tools/

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:01 am 
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

ok..seems like it is the same version I have, but I dont see any import/export in it

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:03 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

File->Export selection as .TPM for exporting.

For importing, you use GeomAdd.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:21 am 
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

ohh ok. the export to .tpm wasnt working, but I did figure out why.. so I think everything that way is good. I do have an interesting question.. the height-map to the island is around I know, but is there a way to use the height map again to create the different sections of the island without using the release levels, that can be used to make levels on?

I dont fully understand how to get sections of 1 map to make other maps. Not sure who does know, but I would like to be able to use the same areas as the retail levels from scratch.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:21 am 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Bryankd2015 wrote:
ohh ok. the export to .tpm wasnt working, but I did figure out why.. so I think everything that way is good. I do have an interesting question.. the height-map to the island is around I know, but is there a way to use the height map again to create the different sections of the island without using the release levels, that can be used to make levels on?

I dont fully understand how to get sections of 1 map to make other maps. Not sure who does know, but I would like to be able to use the same areas as the retail levels from scratch.

If you mean only using the terrain. Just use the retail .WTD file for the level. Rename it if you want to the same as your, and you will only use the terrain, without any objects etc :)

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:31 pm 
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

I tried that, and it says unrecognized.. using closest terrain.. then comes up blank.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:32 pm 
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Basically, I want to see the levels with nothing at all, but the terrain. If anyone has the levels of the beta or realease versions, please let me know I am very interested.. I have some ideas.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:04 pm 
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

The heightmaps you posted earlier, where did they come from?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next