TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:08 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:59 am 
Offline
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 7:10 am
Posts: 390
ya.. I did those, but I am having troubles in getting those on a level by themselves. Tres ed keeps telling me the terrain is'nt right or something, and it gives best it can and it is always flat, with all green or all blue


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:37 am 
Offline
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 7:10 am
Posts: 390
Does anyone have the source code that was made to work, or some of it, so I do not have to start completely over to build the guiapp fully? I have a couple of the programs that go with it almost complete, and I think I can make it fully usable as an editor, but I need the working source for the guiapp program.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:40 am 
Offline
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:06 pm
Posts: 2201
Bryankd2015 wrote:
Does anyone have the source code that was made to work, or some of it, so I do not have to start completely over to build the guiapp fully? I have a couple of the programs that go with it almost complete, and I think I can make it fully usable as an editor, but I need the working source for the guiapp program.

I remember a version was 'out there' that had hitspangs, treesap and dino features/sounds re-activated. I think most of this is now incorporated in Trespasser CE, but I could be wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:15 am 
Offline
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 7:10 am
Posts: 390
ahhh.. but I need the source code itself to get guiapp fully functional, if its possible to get it from anyone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:39 am 
Offline
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:40 pm
Posts: 3333
Location: Sweden
Bryankd2015 wrote:
ahhh.. but I need the source code itself to get guiapp fully functional, if its possible to get it from anyone.


They the one who made CE.

_________________
"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:39 am 
Offline
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:04 pm
Posts: 149
User Lee Arbuco would be the one to ask. As far as I can tell he never published any of his modifications, which is fair considering we are breaking copyrights here, no matter how abandoned and technologically irrelevant the source code may be today.
Considering that his Trespasser executable is 2 times the size of the original, it is quite possible he made the source compatible with more recent compilers, so you could work with a more modern VisualStudio edition as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:39 pm 
Offline
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 7:10 am
Posts: 390
I sent a pm to lee and asked, best I can do on that one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:36 pm 
Offline
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:52 pm
Posts: 4709
Location: Atlanta
Hilwo wrote:
Bryankd2015 wrote:
Does anyone have the source code that was made to work, or some of it, so I do not have to start completely over to build the guiapp fully? I have a couple of the programs that go with it almost complete, and I think I can make it fully usable as an editor, but I need the working source for the guiapp program.

I remember a version was 'out there' that had hitspangs, treesap and dino features/sounds re-activated. I think most of this is now incorporated in Trespasser CE, but I could be wrong.


That earlier version you are referencing was the one I managed to build and in which I reactivated dormant parts of the code.

@mleise / @Bryankd2015 : Let's not pester Lee about releasing his code, especially from random members emailing him who apparently don't seem to have a firm understanding of programming (or this game/community) in general....might ruin any chances of securing a copy of the code for posterity by TresCom when Lee finishes (and then we are stuck in another TresEd situation where we don't have any of the source to our own tools).

_________________
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:55 pm 
Offline
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 7:10 am
Posts: 390
Can I get a copy of that source that you reactivated? I dont necessarily need the programs from it but the source code itself, as I am working on it under DOS, windows 98 in the original specs of a computer and still cant get it to build right.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:42 am 
Offline
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:48 am
Posts: 353
Location: Florida
Could you please put them for download? I would love to see the files and if it was put out then we all could explore and check out the files!

_________________
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:21 am 
Offline
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 7:10 am
Posts: 390
Shep wrote:
Could you please put them for download? I would love to see the files and if it was put out then we all could explore and check out the files!


I am not sure what files you are asking about. Please be a bit more specific, as I had previously put some files up on downloads.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:16 am 
Offline
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:48 am
Posts: 353
Location: Florida
Wrong discussion. :p

_________________
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:30 am 
Offline
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 7:10 am
Posts: 390
ok I see.. thats ok


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group