The Mayan Tunnels

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon
Antispam: No

Re: The Mayan Tunnels

Post by awesome24712 »

Microceratops wrote:
Awesome: Once you have stabbed yourself, you have to leave the knife on the altar and then something should be appearing. Take the knife and the "thing" and... RUN!!! Find the entrance to the tunnels as quickly as you can.
When I found the knife in the ruins, I walked into the center of the room (in a circle of columns), a beam of sorts appeared around me, and I got teleported to an island, with the ruins now partially underground. I walked out of the ruins onto the island, there were some other ruins on the island, but nothing else.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

tatu wrote: I would love to see another huge mod like JPDS at some point. Maybe not that big, but maybe that someone would continue to work on a Trespasser remake based on the scripts and walkthrough in Trespasser's engine. I'm in for that if anyone else wants to at some point.
I think we've got a lot of information now for a good attempt, plus things like google docs, dropbox etc to make easier to get around, bit a of advance planning, it could be done. Kill that PV curse in the process :D
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

awesome24712 wrote: When I found the knife in the ruins, I walked into the center of the room (in a circle of columns), a beam of sorts appeared around me, and I got teleported to an island, with the ruins now partially underground. I walked out of the ruins onto the island, there were some other ruins on the island, but nothing else.
You're going the right way. Once you're teleported into the island, look around for a small pedestal or fountain (a short circular structure of stone), stab yourself and then leave the knife in the fountain. Wait a few seconds and take the treasure... Then run :P
I think we've got a lot of information now for a good attempt, plus things like google docs, dropbox etc to make easier to get around, bit a of advance planning, it could be done. Kill that PV curse in the process
Indeed! I've always wanted to design a level, but never had the skills to do it. And my computer runs TresEd so poorly, it's sad...

I have to do a level one day though. I need more tutorials though, my comprehension of TresEd and Geommadd and whatnot is extremly poor...
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

I got hurt when I "used" the knife, don't if it was a trigger or if I actually stabbed myself.
It's a trigger.
I think we've got a lot of information now for a good attempt, plus things like google docs, dropbox etc to make easier to get around, bit a of advance planning, it could be done. Kill that PV curse in the process :D
Ageed. However, even JPDS which took several years was actually well planned. It would require us to spend time (maybe months) of discussion, planning and just plain testing before we would start working on the actual project. Setting up various puzzles in various test levels and so on would help out in creating new puzzles and how to tweak them and so on. The same thing with objects. Then we would have many things ready while starting with the actual levels. At the same time it would be really good to write some detailed tutorials on how to use all the various Trespasser tools we have so people with low skills can join in if they want.

This isn't the right topic to discuss this in. I will start a new topic in the Trespass Reloaded section at some point soon.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

tatu wrote:
Microceratops wrote:I remember what I had to do with the knife in there, but I can't recall what was I supposed to do next... Something with the egg?
IIRC you where suppose to to sacrifice some of your blood at some location. Don't remember exacly where.
Speaking of that Knife, I think I know where it would have gone had it been implemented into Trespasser. Pine Valley's Mayan Alter. The Secrets.doc in the source mentions the knife and a mayan alter of sorts.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well well, I'm pleased to see the Mayan elements of JPDS have led to such adventures. It's not intended to be easy or obvious, keep trying those who haven't figured it out. ;)
(I am a little concerned at the suggestion that the gate didn't open when you found the key... any details on that would be appreciated.)
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Spoiler: show
Well, once I found the stone staff I took it to the gate and dropped it on its place and once the staff accomodated itself correctly, I heard a door-opening noise but the door didn't move. I have the theory that maybe I've missed something?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Spoiler: show
Nah, you missed nothing... that should be all that's required. Could be an unknown savegame issue. I'd appreciate it if you could attempt the puzzle again and let me know if the same thing happens. ASA files weren't used in the game so it might be a *little* buggy on some comps.