Streams Playthrough videos

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Streams Playthrough videos

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Figured I'd post a couple of videos of the streams level. Here it is:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFnUkiIM ... ure=relmfu

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgaw0S-8 ... ideo_title

Bonus Footage left out of the above: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElWTuIdo ... ideo_title

There you go. Hopefully, the mod gets a little bit more noticed now. If not, then oh well.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon
Antispam: No

Re: Streams Playthrough videos

Post by awesome24712 »

Wonderful job! I'm sure some people probably needed help beating it (including me :lol: )
glitchhunter09 wrote:Hopefully, the mod gets a little bit more noticed now. If not, then oh well.
Yes, so much work went into JPDS that more people should notice it. I believe it's also been added to the downloads section at TresCom, so that will help too.
I plan to do stuff like this in the future. :)
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Thank you very much glitch for these. JPDS haven't got much notice since it was released. I know how much work Draco put it the mod in the last year. He spend hell many hours last year, and this year was even more crazy. JPDS got a lot of uniqe puzzles and other stuff. It's more of an open-world (kinda) mod. Sadly only Streams and Plains where the levels that got most done, and Trails lacks the folige, but I still believe it's the greatest mod ever made. After all, Draco and I had problems with the terrain, and had to struggle to fix all the heights which took forever.

Still have some JPDS stuff that will be released at some point.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

There's a way to get the shotgun out of the trailer without grabbing it from the inside. You can use the paint can to push it to the edge of the wall, or a high powered gun such as a machine gun. This should make it clip through the trailer wall if its anything like the testing level. I got it by pushing it with the paint can as I didn't have any guns at the time. After this, I went out side and jumped near the trailer wall until my hand clipped through to grab the shotgun. This screws up your positioning of the gun, but at this point getting the hell out of there is all that matters so just stow the gun away and run away from the rex as its triggered by grabbing the gun.

Also, keep in mind that there's two other routes you can take. I only know how to get past one of them and the one I take in the video. The one I'm having trouble getting past is the gorge filled with raptors that sit there and look at you. I also figured out where the end of the plains level was yesterday so you may see me uploading a video of the plains level. For now though, I'm playing Batman Arkham City which I just got yesterday. =P
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

glitchhunter09 wrote:There's a way to get the shotgun out of the trailer without grabbing it from the inside. You can use the paint can to push it to the edge of the wall, or a high powered gun such as a machine gun. This should make it clip through the trailer wall if its anything like the testing level. I got it by pushing it with the paint can as I didn't have any guns at the time. After this, I went out side and jumped near the trailer wall until my hand clipped through to grab the shotgun. This screws up your positioning of the gun, but at this point getting the hell out of there is all that matters so just stow the gun away and run away from the rex as its triggered by grabbing the gun.
I just kicked it out of the trailer...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Why didn't I think of that? XD I'm such a derp!
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

You're overcomplicating things, Glitch! :P
Anyway, thanks for these uploads and I look forward to seeing any more in the future.. really pretty cool!
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

many thanks again Glitch for putting these up - and again, please use the level's own settings for recordings, since this is some people's only experience of it :P

fyi, there's a slightly easier way to get ontop of the transformer. and JPDS~Plains doesn't actually end.. tho it has several places to be reached thru puzzles. it was going to have various level-load triggers but you have to sort of infer where they would have gone. we didn't have time to make multiple SCN files per level.
machf wrote:
glitchhunter09 wrote:There's a way to get the shotgun out of the trailer without grabbing it from the inside. You can use the paint can to push it to the edge of the wall, or a high powered gun such as a machine gun. This should make it clip through the trailer wall if its anything like the testing level. I got it by pushing it with the paint can as I didn't have any guns at the time. After this, I went out side and jumped near the trailer wall until my hand clipped through to grab the shotgun. This screws up your positioning of the gun, but at this point getting the hell out of there is all that matters so just stow the gun away and run away from the rex as its triggered by grabbing the gun.
I just kicked it out of the trailer...
actually guys, the beta of JPDS~Streams used a PickUpObject trigger, but thanks to your reports i changed it to ObjectLeaveTrigger, meaning the kicking-technique will no longer work, nor will this odd-sounding "shove it thru the physics" AFAIK.

glitch, i'm very interested in having more JPDS videos put up, provided the intended settings are used ;) i would also prefer it to be in higher game quality level, with the full compliment of groundfoliage, but i understand if that's just not practical.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Originally, I didn't have the TPA. For some reason when I downloaded the level, it didn't come with its own TPA so I was using the normal retail TPA. I think I got the missing TPA from one of the other levels though and just renamed it which seemed to work as all the missing sounds and music played.

Also, I learned the clipping exploit from the JPDS test level actually. In fact, I decided to fool around with the teledino cheat and see how many dinos I could fit in the trailer in the test level, then grab the gun and trigger the trailer falling off the cliff. XD It was fun.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

LMAO, i want pics.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Gladly. Please note I ported over other dinosaurs for experimenting with this more:
Spoiler: show
I've only got photos of the aftermath of both times I did it btw.

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

freaking Spino... you're nuts :yum: awesome. video next ;)
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

Where can I get that Spinosarus and Carnotarus?
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

It's in XMas gift. There's a male version too as well. It's also where you get Carnotaurus and Nanotyrannus from as well. You can also find the Male Spino in Winter Contest 2011.
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

Where can I gt the Xmas gift level?