Another DS Poll!

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Looking forward to JPDS?

I can't believe it's almost out! Awesome!
63%
Well it's about time. Yes I'm interested.
25%
Probably won't have time to play it but we'll see...
No votes
Meh.
13%
I don't think I will, doesn't look like my cup of tea.
No votes

Total votes: 8

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Another DS Poll!

Post by Draconisaurus »

Alright everyone, JPDS~streams should be just around the corner at this point. The TPA files are built and beta testing, while a bit sluggish, has nevertheless yielded a list of details to fix up, and Tatu has almost finished height-fixing the objects of the seriously unpredictable terrain height. A first release could easily be within the next two weeks! (Yes I'm confident enough to start guessing release dates)

There's still a bit of work to be done on JPDS though. Plains is mostly done up but needs to have the new health system from Streams implemented in it. There may be a little extra dino work required. And it might be good to give it a go through beta testing before release. After that there's JPDS~trails which is another large subsection of the old JPDS1 and covers a ton of ground. Its primary locations are all completed and main foliage is complete, but there's a good deal of ground foliage to cover, some puzzle scripting, dino placement, and the new health system elements, which is all AFTER I've imported everything from its constituent sublevels.

Meanwhile, it's becoming more and more important that I quit all modding activities and focus on other things in preparation for what the next few months hold in store for me. I'm beginning to wonder if I should cut some content out of JPDS~trails in order to accomplish this, which could mean skipping ground foliage for most of the level (which is a lot of terrain). I keep thinking this will all get done soon but it obviously keeps dragging on. So I'm looking for community feedback again - how many are looking forward to JPDS at this time? and how much? Here are some images to wet appetites - let us know.

Image Image Image Image
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: Another DS Poll!

Post by makairu »

This is almost one of those things I wish would stay in development hell for nostalgia's sake.
:P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

lol :yum: Well we have 3 confirmed people interested in its release. I'm going to give it a few more days for people to show up and vote. At this point I think it's very likely that Streams will end up as the most-complete level details-wise.. Trails will still have tons of stuff but I might leave out things like the new health system (machf would be happy).
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

I'm highly looking forward to it! :mrgreen:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Update: Time is getting tight and I've officially decided that this Sunday will be my last day working on JPDS. I'll do as much of JPDS~trails as can be done in that time. Expect a release early next week.