JPDS Hype Machine

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

JPDS Hype Machine

Post by makairu »

Okay people, we all know that Draco is working hard trying to pump out JPDS1 ASAP, he wants to wash his hands of the project. I have heard release date predictions from 2 weeks to the middle of next month, and I think many people's interest has died down because of how long it has taken. Well, it is highly likely that at least one part of JPDS1 is going to be released by the end of the year and I created this topic for discussion of expectations, and maybe for Draco to stop by and drop hints on what is to come.

Let's get the hype started!
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Re: JPDS Hype Machine

Post by hppav »

JPDS was 2 weeks from release 5 years ago :P Have fun conjuring up hype! lol
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

Ahahaha. Well, It'll be a little hard with the minimal amount of activity we have going on here on the forums lately.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Well, if one of the levels is 99% complete, I think it's safe to say that we will see a part of JPDS soon, unless something happens to Draco or tatu.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

"HALF A DECADE IN THE MAKING! SPLIT IN 4 PARTS AND THEN SPLIT IN 4 AGAIN! LOTS OF WORK LOST TO HDD FAILURE MORE THAN ONCE! JURASSIC PARK: DARK SECRETS - COMING SOON! (YES, THIS TIME YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT)"
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

Lol Machf.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well... what sort of hype did you expect?

"Daikatana! Duke Nukem Forever! Poacher! And now... JPDS!"
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hahahaha, you guys :lol:
machf wrote:"HALF A DECADE IN THE MAKING! SPLIT IN 4 PARTS AND THEN SPLIT IN 4 AGAIN! LOTS OF WORK LOST TO HDD FAILURE MORE THAN ONCE! JURASSIC PARK: DARK SECRETS - COMING SOON! (YES, THIS TIME YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT)"
Hehe, actually split into 3 parts, then the third part had an alternate version and the Aviary was split into its own mini-part for environmental purposes, then yes the first part has been split into 4 parts :P And there was only 1 actual HDD crash and loss of data (the second just needed a trip to the comp-doctor), but 1) most of the important work was saved because someone had a recent version of the level I'd sent them 2) that year happened to be one when I was mostly chasing girls and being whored by college, so not a lot had actually been done, it was kind of a non-JPDS year in many ways 3) the only thing I remember actually redoing as a result was the Acacia tree model and placement, which ended up better than the original.

JPDS~plains, btw, *is* 99% done but it does need the dinosaurs to be placed around, and I'm also now half-done recreating its terrain on a retail WTD file (it just barely fit) so that Tatu can actually use the TresEd terrain for grass placement, haha.

As for "by the end of the year"... This will sound like a broken record but I can't afford that, it will be much sooner. I'm already running out of time for warm-weather nature activities. I suspect there will be at least be a complete beta version of ~streams and ~plains ready within a couple weeks, and a release soon after that. I'll get the other two ready as soon as time permits.

There's one way you can all help ;) Bug Tatu and Nem about it haha :P
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:There's one way you can all help ;) Bug Tatu and Nem about it haha :P
haha lol xD
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

As a wee update here... The reconstituting of part of the JPDS terrain on a retail WTD file led to some additional work such as the development of a previously empty spot in the level, now that the terrain behaves and also to finish & make use of a model I started back in 2005. First one to guess the model gets a special screenshot ;) But anyway, it and some other inspirations have led to a truly amazing area which makes JPDS~plains a monumental level on its own. It also means I had to delay Tatu's dino placement objectives by a week or two, but he'll be getting on that full-steam now ;) Meanwhile Nem has disappeared from the Interweb, except to update his display picture in messenger, so there's no progress to report on JPDS~streams, the first level, since I gave it to him the other week. Now that JPDS~plains is once again in Tatu's hands, I'll be taking a couple days off of 'DS to recoup, again, and then hitting up the sign models/textures needed for those first two levels.. and starting to constitute the final two levels from what's been done.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Take cover! Draco's on a post/bump rampage! :P

Sounds great, except for the part about Nem going MIA and *sigh* more delays. :lol:

Model back in 2005? Spinosaurus? No wait, that was in 2004...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha, I've just been gone a while and am catching up. Can't afford to visit regularly.

Yeah, not the Spino, heheh. You know where to look...
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

You know... someone is going to come here and say "I told ya so."

So, let me be the first to admit I was wrong.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

I told ya so ;)

It's Standard Operating Procedure for JPDS "Almost finished" in every update. :lol:
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

I am coming to realize this. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if Draco jumped on here randomly to at least release a demo this month. Maybe around christmas even...