JPDS at Mod DB

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

JPDS at Mod DB

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yep that's right... Jurassic Park: Dark Secrets now officially has its own place on moddb.com. I got the idea from Nem and decided now was as good a time as any, since we are pushing for frequent updates. It may even attract some newcomers to TresCom, we shall see. 8) The content I've posted is both old and new for you all - including new screenshots that are actually from older versions (I have several hundred saved on here), the raptor valley video, some cool concept art that I've deemed safe to release, and some model renders. Enjoy!
http://www.moddb.com/mods/jurassic-park-dark-secrets
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Re: JPDS at Mod DB

Post by TheGuy »

Nice one dude! I'm sure that this will be a popular mod on there, and it will probably introduce many to the world of Trespasser.

Nice video, too. Those raptors were very scary :o shame about it not having any audio, though.
ImageImage
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Yay! :mrgreen:
What do you mean by "the first traditional Trespasser MOD"?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well, see the JPDS 101 thread in this section for the origin of that quote. Mike came up with it and explained to me that no "true mod" has yet been made for Trespasser - a "true mod" requires a certain set of things (which he also basically laid out in the description) that includes a complete, coherent plot to back it up (notice - TC_Isle has none, which is fine for the way it works), character development, a new player character (those mods which have had new players didn't meet other criteria I guess.. ED came out after Mike wrote this but ED is really a pretty small level, hard to consider it a true mod just because it doesn't fill the space that Tres does), and uh.. the other stuff he said. :yum: The most mod-like releases Tres has seen all either used Anne as the player still (TC_Isle) or were too small (The Lagoon, ED).

It would really be best if Mike were around to describe it, but he's pretty busy atm..

No comments on the new images? :yum:
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

Nick3069 wrote:What do you mean by "the first traditional Trespasser MOD"?
Guess he considers ModDb as the main game mod site.(Which is quite true).
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Draconisaurus wrote:No comments on the new images? :yum:
Okay, I will then. :P ...but most of the images are concept art and I have nothing to say about them.
- the 2 trees: good looking but nothing very special,
- the red/pink couches: I have no ideal where that could be used. Reminds me of my grandma's couch. :lol:
- tower with satellite dish: I'm guessing it's some sort of radio tower, again nice but not special.
- building with big, green power box: Nice and intriguing. I'm guessing it's some sort power station. (Or is it the "North Utility Shed"?)
- dark interior: I'm guessing it's the interior of the previous building with a weird floor and an impressive electric meter
- interior with the InGen logo on the wall: the walls look a little dull and that scratch doesn't look realistic.
- interior with red splatters: that blood looks weird. Are those bullet holes?
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Nick3069 wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:No comments on the new images? :yum:
- interior with the InGen logo on the wall: the walls look a little dull and that scratch doesn't look realistic.
- interior with red splatters: that blood looks weird. Are those bullet holes?
I disagree about the scratch... I have a very similar triple scar on my arm... I have to agree on the blood though and those DO appear to be bullet holes... can't wait for the bunkerish building
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heh interesting. Well,

Those ARE bullet holes, I thought they came out rather nice. The scratches could be better I suppose, they were drawn well over a year ago and all the interior shots plus the exterior image of the NUtilShed were released a looong time ago in the original JPDS thread. The tower was too, actually, and I noted that the model has been lost but I plan to rebuild it in a fairly similar way..
The two tree renders really do not do them justice, and they are a little blurrier than I would have liked, but I think you'll like them ingame. It's a type of forest that is pretty new to Trespasser and the difference in the foliage color is especially evident in TresEd.
For those who apparently did not see the introduction of the North Utility Shed in past threads.. it's a location in direct homage to the blue sheds of JP for SNES and it was my first finished building of any kind in my modeling career, heh. It's probably going to get a few minor improvements by the time you see it released, and yes it has many features of transformer stations that I had been researching at the time.
Oh and as for the blood looking weird.. I wouldn't call it weird but it's not going to look quite so fresh in the final rendition. Why do you say weird? Heh that comment definitely didn't come around the first time. If you've got some suggestions for improvement on my bloodsplatter technique, now is the time to give them..
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Draconisaurus wrote:If you've got some suggestions for improvement on my bloodsplatter technique, now is the time to give them..
You could make them darker and add different tints of red to it, like the retail trespasser blood.
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Nick3069 wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:If you've got some suggestions for improvement on my bloodsplatter technique, now is the time to give them..
You could make them darker and add different tints of red to it, like the retail trespasser blood.
I don't much like the shape either... I'm guessing most are supposed to be slash/shot stains... those look more like blast stains/dragmarks IMO... (doing what I do I get injured a fair bit...) if you want some references I can probs replicate some stuff in a few weeks time if you remind me...
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nick3069 wrote:You could make them darker and add different tints of red to it, like the retail trespasser blood.
Hmmm, noted..
Shadow Wolf wrote:I don't much like the shape either... I'm guessing most are supposed to be slash/shot stains... those look more like blast stains/dragmarks IMO... (doing what I do I get injured a fair bit...) if you want some references I can probs replicate some stuff in a few weeks time if you remind me...
That might be nice!
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Draconisaurus wrote:
Nick3069 wrote:You could make them darker and add different tints of red to it, like the retail trespasser blood.
Hmmm, noted..
Shadow Wolf wrote:I don't much like the shape either... I'm guessing most are supposed to be slash/shot stains... those look more like blast stains/dragmarks IMO... (doing what I do I get injured a fair bit...) if you want some references I can probs replicate some stuff in a few weeks time if you remind me...
That might be nice!
also there's the age of the blood to consider and where it's come from...
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

Shadow Wolf wrote:also there's the age of the blood to consider and where it's come from...
Hehe, SW, showing the inner Biologist. Nice.. :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lol yes the age is a consideration, I want it to be fairly recent but have to deal with the fact that it would be unrealistic to make it *that* recent.. How red would it still be after a week or two weeks' time?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Red? It would be brown already...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files