How about a video?

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

How about a video?

Post by Draconisaurus »

No JPDS dev journal for today.. I've been sick and this week has been really off generally; only slight progress was made (in the area of palette management and fresh level files). What I do have to show is a video put together from a recording I did years ago in an early version of JPDS1 where the HRS ("Hillside Research Station") was still a single building made by MikeTheRaptor and foliage in the level was sparse. It features a certain object from Trespasser that I came to have a particular loathing of.. (that and I was kinda bored at the time). The whole thing started because 1) the bench in question is in the church in Trespasser and looks nothing like a pew 2) it's called a metal bench and it's wooden 3) there are obvious mesh holes. It's hands-down the worst model in Trespasser and one day, I felt the need to punish the "church chair"..
Finally in a spare moment, I realized I could make use of Matt's excellent and speedy video editing talents to release the video while not much else was going on with JPDS. Video post-effects, music selection, and initial editing were done by Matt "TheGuy" and then cut up to fit into the time-span of the music by me. Enjoy.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cli6afAPh70 (available in hq)
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: How about a video?

Post by RexHunter99 »

That was the funniest Trespasser Gameplay I have ever watched XD :lol:
I can't really say I've taken out so much anger on a crappily modeled half church pew though.

10/10 for humour!

Oh and did you record that in peices? the video would skip every so often so i guess it was recorded in parts and meshed together in a program such as Movie Maker.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

RexHunter99 wrote:That was the funniest Trespasser Gameplay I have ever watched XD :lol:
I can't really say I've taken out so much anger on a crappily modeled half church pew though.

10/10 for humour!
Hehe, thanks! :lol:
Oh and did you record that in peices? the video would skip every so often so i guess it was recorded in parts and meshed together in a program such as Movie Maker.
1) Yes I did record it in pieces. 2) The skipping you see was mostly done by editing, and is double-sided; one purpose was to enhance the feeling that it was an old-style recording from the early days of color recording (you'll see they skip sometimes, though maybe not this much), and the other was to cut down the overall recording (which was originally at least 5 minutes long) to fit into the music clip and keep from being too drawn out. Actually, the third reason was to eliminate recording lags.. :lol:
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Thought so, I should take that into consideration next time I make a recording of my level.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Great video, Draco! :mrgreen:

OMG! Climbing latter! :o

Spoiler alert
:lol: The plan to kill the bench backfired!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thankies.
Nick3069 wrote:OMG! Climbing latter! :o
It's nothing new. :yum: We learned the technique from Remdul in TC_Isle, with the concrete barrier of the Crater Facility.. it's got a steel ladder to reach the watch tower. And ladders aren't all that will be climbable in this fashion..
Spoiler alert
:lol: The plan to kill the bench backfired!
A bit. :lol:
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Draconisaurus wrote:Thankies.
Nick3069 wrote:OMG! Climbing latter! :o
It's nothing new. :yum: We learned the technique from Remdul in TC_Isle, with the concrete barrier of the Crater Facility.. it's got a steel ladder to reach the watch tower. And ladders aren't all that will be climbable in this fashion..
A bit. :lol:
I really have to get TC working on my computers... I need some models from it and I wanna play it... but yeah I used a climable ladder to shoot down into the raptor pit on a level I abandoned (for now at least ;))
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Nothing spectacular about climbing ladders, really... didn't you see this screenshot form the pens some weeks ago?

Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Draconisaurus wrote:It's nothing new. :yum: We learned the technique from Remdul in TC_Isle, with the concrete barrier of the Crater Facility.. it's got a steel ladder to reach the watch tower. And ladders aren't all that will be climbable in this fashion.
You can climb the ladder in TC_Isle?!? :o
I tried once, but it didn't seem to work, I'll try it again later then.
machf wrote:didn't you see this screenshot form the pens some weeks ago?
Yes, I did, but that screenshot didn't prove you could climb it...

OMG, did I write "ladder" like "latter"? :oops:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Nick3069 wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:It's nothing new. :yum: We learned the technique from Remdul in TC_Isle, with the concrete barrier of the Crater Facility.. it's got a steel ladder to reach the watch tower. And ladders aren't all that will be climbable in this fashion.
You can climb the ladder in TC_Isle?!? :o
Sure.
I tried once, but it didn't seem to work, I'll try it again later then.
machf wrote:didn't you see this screenshot form the pens some weeks ago?
Yes, I did, but that screenshot didn't prove you could climb it...
How else did you think I climbed up there to take the screenshot? You can even see the open door next to it through which I came...
And why would there be a ladder if it can't be climbed in the first place? Remember, this is Trespasser, it's about physics...
OMG, did I write "ladder" like "latter"? :oops:
Yes.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heheh, to climb a ladder, you need to jump persistently, it's not like a modern game where you just walk into it. ;) It works surprisingly well, almost as if the foot box sticks to the physics a bit..
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Shhh... enough spoilers. Don't tell them how to climb *down*, it will be more fun that way...
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

I manage to climb the ladder in TC_Isle. The trickiest thing is getting on (at the bottom) and getting off (at the top).
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lol, yes okay no more spoilers. Though TBH, I never really developed a specific method for ladder-descending.. I think I just managed it like any ingame physics operation.