Draco - Monday, 11 August 2008

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Draco - Monday, 11 August 2008

Post by Nick3069 »

Thank you, Shadow Wolf. :D

@ THEL1NK1N2
You could have replaced my screen-name with "machf" in your quote instead of adding a note at the end of your message. :lol:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Second Illiteration wrote:Looking good. Now I'm waiting to see a destructable wall...one that isn't concrete cuz I don't think and alberta would be busting through walls like that :no: :mrgreen: But destructable stuff IS sweet
Haha, well I have to say, the situation in JPDS1 where I have destructible walls.. well I'll have to think about that. Actually.. thanks, I'm going to need to ask some questions to the right people. It IS at a construction site, thus the use of concrete walls for testing etc, but I don't believe the walls that will be destructible need to be concrete... Matt, when you read this, remind me about it in msn, please. :yum:
THEL1NK1N2 wrote:Hehe, it'd make a nice tribute to the "blood-sucking lawyer"... :D :wink:
So true.. that's totally doable. Sadly I don't have a situation set up quite like that in JPDS1.. perhaps DS2. Actually.. :o Thanks!!!
machf wrote:I mean, such a wall is meant to protect people from dinosaurs, right?
Yeah, I agree, but in the video, as I stated before, I liked the inside shots, it gives a nice, scary situation, a situation where, you have no control.., with the walls crashing down around you, you're trapped in the rubble.. But it would have to be a t-rex...
Agreed, and a T-Rex is already planned as the culprit in DS1 instead of Alberto. Alberto is just my trusty test subject for most of my JPDS~testing experiments.. ;)
As for the wall meant to protect humans against dinosaurs, that's not entirely accurate in the case of where it will be used. In fact, *most* of the structures are not intended to come in contact with dinosaurs, being protected by fences and whatnot, though obviously secondary measures in the event of fence failure are a factor. Anyway.. I'll figure it out.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Alberto is almost as big as T-Rex, so that doesn't make much of a difference...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Actually that's amazingly true lol, but their main difference is their body/muscle mass, which is half of what matters in the end.. anyway, I'm going to look into the material that should be used there based on the building and see what I can come up with. There are more things that can break up besides walls, too...
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

Nick3069 wrote:@ THEL1NK1N2
You could have replaced my screen-name with "machf" in your quote instead of adding a note at the end of your message. :lol:
I knew that was an option, but I made the same mistake once before(Rex99 and Draco will know what I'm talking about) and after realizing it, I decided to just apologize and say
"I really have to stop doing that...", referring to my previous post in another thread.
machf wrote:Alberto is almost as big as T-Rex, so that doesn't make much of a difference...
T-rex =up to 6.8 metric tonnes.
Albertosaurus = up to 1.9 metric tonnes
'nuff said
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

I think machf was saying that T. Rex and Alberto are almost the same size in the game, not in real life.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Uh huh. I think I even posted a comparison some time ago...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

Alright, then.

Still, I'd like to see the rex "break through" the wall while the player, hears scary dino sounds. Just picture it, the playr walks in a narrow corridor, while hearing the sound of trees and unfamiliar moans from beyond the walls, and suddenly the player sees a gun on a chair, further down the corridor. When the player picks up the gun, the rex "breaks down" the wall, rubble trapping the player, nowhere to run, while the rex searches the rubble for something interesting...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Wasn't there something similar in the first TresCom Ops level? With an Albertosaurus showing up when you picked up something?
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Yeah if you took the briefcase from the building
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

That was poorly planned, the Ablertosaur was so easy to avoid, it was a terrible addition to the level, probably last minute.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:Uh huh. I think I even posted a comparison some time ago...
Hmmm.. I take it you mean the Tres dino comparison? Of course I remember that but, that's easy to do in TresEd, at least when it comes to comparing two dinos to each other. I'm more interested in a comparison of the dinos' actual sizes..
Did we ever determine if the Rex really was scaled down so it could bite the player better?
Second Illiteration wrote:Yeah if you took the briefcase from the building
Really? I had no idea.. actually I forgot all about the briefcase, I'll hafta go check that out.
RexHunter99 wrote:That was poorly planned, the Ablertosaur was so easy to avoid, it was a terrible addition to the level, probably last minute.
Hmmm, or they made an easy developer mistake, assuming the player will/is likely to do what you've planned for them..