Draco - Wednesday, 11 June 2008

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Draco - Wednesday, 11 June 2008

Post by Draconisaurus »

Name: Draco Astreus
Position: Team Leader, 3D modeller, event scripter, sound design, level design, texture design
Occupation: Aspiring Game Designer, Boyfriend, Restaurant Front Worker
Listening to: Submarine Symphony - JP SNES

Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Re: Draco - Wednesday, 11 June 2008

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Dang, never knew InGen's dark secrets were THAT dark :lol: impressive to say the least
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Nice, is that the hunters' camp?
And the level is supposed to play at night, then?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Wow! Is that JPDS1? I realy like that first picture.
You didn't say much. :lol: Then again, a picture is worth a thousand word... and you gave us 4 pictures. :P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:Nice, is that the hunters' camp?
;)
And the level is supposed to play at night, then?
Hehe, well when I get home I'll post the photo I took that the sky texture is based on. Also the images are obviously fairly photoshopped - some of the darkness is from some carefull brushing before the crosshatch filter; it sets the mood, makes them more interesting than standard screenshots, and conceals certain things. ;)

Oh and Nick, yes these are all from JPDS1. 8) From now on I'm going to be treating JPDS teasers etc. more like ED. Gotta run!
Slash_Master
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Slash_Master »

hai hai, yup awesome picss, ultimate quality from the jpds team
Nick3069 wrote:Wow! Is that JPDS1? I realy like that first picture.
You didn't say much. :lol: Then again, a picture is worth a thousand word... and you gave us 4 pictures. :P
4000 words then :D lol

btw machf hows ur level goingg?
SlashMaster's Bio-Terror
50%
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

8)
K here's the photo that the sky was photoshopped from:
It's a late evening (dusk) sky after a rainy day.. pretty sweet looking. So yeah, JPDS1 does not take place at night, but more or less at dusk, so things will be pretty dark.. I am not sure if JPDS2 will be at night or just even later dusk, but I was so far planning on later dusk. Night might be better, though, considering how long on average you'll be spending in JPDS1.. if JPDS2 is at night, then JPDS3 will be during dawn. 8)

(Note: I tried editing my previous post with this info but Slash informed me that it did not get flagged as a new post when viewing the forum. >_< Guess that doesn't work as well as I thought it did...)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Slash_Master wrote: btw machf hows ur level goingg?
The Pens? On hold for a little while, I'm busy with a few other things ATM.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

A post of little words, but one that speaks in volumes. (Hehe, just wanted to make my own little wise saying there ;)) Nice pics Drac, and rather nice Photoshop work, too. :) You've made me even more excited!!!!
ImageImage
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

TheGuy wrote:A post of little words, but one that speaks in volumes. (Hehe, just wanted to make my own little wise saying there ;)) Nice pics Drac, and rather nice Photoshop work, too. :) You've made me even more excited!!!!
same here... I see some interesting stuff in those pics and I'm sure it's just the tip of the iceburg...

EDIT: oh and these screenshots remind me of a texture reference for a tree you might like...
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Shadow Wolf wrote:EDIT: oh and these screenshots remind me of a texture reference for a tree you might like...
Yeah that tree was pretty cool, but I have to say that those kinds with the mass of roots above the ground are difficult to model well in Tres-level poly. :? My new foliage is high enough poly as it is... I may even be looking at remodelling the TC_Isle Para just so I can have one with less poly! (Lag-issues with 2 paras and 1 Alberta operating at once.) I wonder what the JPOG low-poly Para is like..
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Draconisaurus wrote:
Shadow Wolf wrote:EDIT: oh and these screenshots remind me of a texture reference for a tree you might like...
Yeah that tree was pretty cool, but I have to say that those kinds with the mass of roots above the ground are difficult to model well in Tres-level poly. :? My new foliage is high enough poly as it is... I may even be looking at remodelling the TC_Isle Para just so I can have one with less poly! (Lag-issues with 2 paras and 1 Alberta operating at once.) I wonder what the JPOG low-poly Para is like..
I was thinking when I sent it more giving the appearance of holes using a texture... of a tree maybe like http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... w03ta3.jpg and I must admit I'm looking foward to the JPDS foliage :) current foliage gets a bit all the same... hence why I created several subspecies of lily in Tres:botanical garden (may have to finish and release that sometime)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Shadow Wolf wrote:I was thinking when I sent it more giving the appearance of holes using a texture... of a tree maybe like http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... w03ta3.jpg
Hmm yeah, maybe somethin like that. I have by now a few refences of such things myself. ;)
and I must admit I'm looking foward to the JPDS foliage :) current foliage gets a bit all the same...
Heh yeah - I must tell you that there's lots of texture-modded retail foliage in JPDS1, combined with TC_Isle stuff. In some areas, it will all be familiar (combined with new textures), but in other areas you'll be seeing completely new environments... and lots in between. I find that certain retail foliage still makes good filler, to keep my new stuff from getting too repetitive (and to keep me from being stuck in a never-ending foliage modelling job).
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Great :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

*Screams in joy then dies*
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!