Small idea for JPDS...

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Small idea for JPDS...

Post by Second Illiteration »

Well I was thinking of actually having it be a seperately loaded level. Sort of like how the testscene is a secret level in the town.

EDIT: my main dino for it:
Attachments
Crylo.jpg
Crylo.jpg (62.92 KiB) Viewed 7135 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha, sweet. Well the problem with that is that people will use the level load cheat to play your level long before they find the secret load in JPDS1, which could defeat the purpose.. If you can at some point, draw up a basic plan of the level's layout and I'll see if I can begin a setup in JPDS1 for you.. and if it works, then we can go from there. I think it would be neat, if it works - and secret levels shouldn't be that big, anyway (might as well be levels on their own, if they are that big).
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Well, if jpds is using it's own engine, and people don't right away know about a secret level, I wouldn't think they would check for one. And you could name it something like JPDSbackup, or something, and in the readme mention that it was needed for the game to run better or something...

I think that way would work.

I started work on it using the lagoon as a basis (though with a lot less foliaging)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmm, lol alright, well that's possible. If we have multiple secret levels, all named fairly similar with "JPDS" in the title, it might work.. again, make it a small-ish level. :P
There is a secret button in the JPDS menuscreen for level-load.. I wonder if we could deactivate the key-command shortcut, so they have to discover the secret button. That would be nice.

Again I stress the small size of this level, especially texture-wise, because JPDS1+engine is already gonna be a monster..
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Well as for ideas I want to impliment it shouldn't be too big...and if you had time I could have you optimize it for me...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Second Illiteration wrote:and if you had time I could have you optimize it for me...
Can do. 8)
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Making a secret level load button would be pretty easy...

Update on a dinosaur:
Attachments
Crylo2.jpg
Crylo2.jpg (115.93 KiB) Viewed 7103 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Second Illiteration wrote:Making a secret level load button would be pretty easy...
Yeah, we've had it since the last release of TrikeUatra's JPDS menu skin. :P I'm trying not to reveal what it is.. We just need a way to deactivate the level load button command.
Update on a dinosaur:
Hey hey, not bad. I think I know where this bad boy could go.. (there's a big section of half-pine forest in the level that I don't have anything in mind for, yet, as far as carnivores go).
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

hmmmm....that could work. I've been playing around with the "secret" level a bit... it could be it's own stand alone level....either way though....do you think the cryo needs more color in it's body...like something to match it's crest more?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Second Illiteration wrote:hmmmm....that could work. I've been playing around with the "secret" level a bit... it could be it's own stand alone level....either way though....
Yeah we'll see. We can always change things up at this stage, as far as that type of thing goes.
do you think the cryo needs more color in it's body...like something to match it's crest more?
Hmmm, TBH, further critique will require ingame analysis. I'll either need to see some screenshorts or a demo level, kinda like that last one you did..