Small idea for JPDS...

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Small idea for JPDS...

Post by Second Illiteration »

Well playing the JPDS1 beta or whatever you want to call it, I came to the shed near the start and noticed the "sewer" in there. Is there a plan for that? Otherwise my idea was maybe have some small hidden levels within JPDS each created by one of the crew here. They would be secret so nothing would be released to the public about them, and they would just be small like easter egg kind of things...what do you think?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Small idea for JPDS...

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha, interesting. If you have an idea for something of your own in that respect, please lemme know and we can work it out. But yeah, that sewer entrance is not just random.. there's going to be an entire sewer complex beneath the surface; teleport triggers will be set up to move you to set of sewer tunnels that's actually suspended in air (just like the underground complex in TptDac's TFT extended). It will include one of the possible ways to gain entrance to the EA.. Hmmm I'll dig up some pics of it, while we're on the subject (I had a map, but I think it was lost on my old HD).

----------------------
several hours later
----------------------

K well, through watching SciFi shows tonight (Battlestar, Sarah Jane Adventures), I couldn't find any pics, though I have the max files and am too lazy (at 11:57 pm) to render some.. I'll try some other time. But, I did upload an old vid that Mike made, showing off the environment that was being developed for it. The file can be found in the JPDS shared box.net folder, lemme know if you have trouble accessing it.
http://www.box.net/files#0:f:12998463

EDIT: Hmmm, your name isn't listed in the folder.. I could have sworn I added you as one of the sharers. Perhaps you didn't know what the email was and rejected it. Anyway, I'm sending another invite, you should get it at kreativelyklever@msn.com...

EDIT2: Ahhh crap, it says "You have already collaborated with kreativelyklever@msn.com.", so this means you rejected the invitation? :? I think this means I can't reinvite you, which is not fun.. Maybe try finding the original email, if perhaps you didn't delete it.. which is doubtful, lol. Perhaps it gives you an option in the link above to collaborate? Just in case and in the meantime, here's a direct link that should work:
http://www.box.net/shared/bcp2f6fscs
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Cloaca Maxima? :P
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Well I would definetely like to do something...if there's any areas where a possible small level could branch off from....actually I do have an idea....comes out of my contest level entry. It would require a dead tree hanging over the edge of one of the ocean cliffs....
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Slugger wrote:Cloaca Maxima? :P
Haha, wow, the Roman sewer system.. not quite like that, I don't think. :yum:
Second Illiteration wrote:Well I would definetely like to do something...if there's any areas where a possible small level could branch off from....actually I do have an idea....comes out of my contest level entry. It would require a dead tree hanging over the edge of one of the ocean cliffs....
Ah yeah? Part of the sewer is intended to stick out of the cliff in JPDS, in the area where the construction site is. What's your idea?

Also, I'd really like to know if you can join the shared box.net folder? That would be an immense help.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

I was just thinking that at some point at the cliff a tree would stick out and if you jump off it it loads a secret level.

How would I join the boxnet thing?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Second Illiteration wrote:I was just thinking that at some point at the cliff a tree would stick out and if you jump off it it loads a secret level.
Sweet, that could work out...
How would I join the boxnet thing?
Well, as I said, it says you received the email and rejected the invitation, which I gave a couple months ago or something. Maybe you thought it was spam. I really don't know how to undo the rejection - it prevents me from reinviting you as an anti-spam protection. Try going here and seeing if there's an option to request access of any kind:
http://www.box.net/files#0:f:12998463
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

It just links me to sign up for my own boxnet account
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah, you'll need to do that to be able view it. :) Not too time-taking IIRC.. The point of a shared folder is that all participants can edit/remove/add-to the contents, as if it were a shared folder on all our computers. Excellent way to keep things synchronized.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Well I went through my email inbox and found the message so now I'm a part of the group.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Aha, excellent! Now where were we....

Oh yeah lol, the sewers. Whacha think of the vid? :)
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Yeah looks good
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

KK, and so what's your idea for the secret level itself?
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

The only idea I have so far is just a small island, similar to how TC-Isle is set up but smaller, where there is a mountain in the middle with something on the mountain...I'm thinking a temple. That and I want to have a LARGE waterfall...beyond that I don't yet know.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm! Interesting, but just to refresh, we can't edit the terrain in JPDS1 anymore, so bare that in mind. Any hidden levels will need to be either within self-contained models or use actual models and box physics for mock-up terrain.. Unless you can find a spot already in the level where a hidden level could be put, which I'll tell you is possible. Lemme know when you want to move further with this.