Draco - Sunday, 3 February 2008

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Let's just all agree to disagree...real guns are dangerous. Be responsible and follow laws.

Oh and it SORT of looks like TC Isle
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Second Illiteration wrote:Let's just all agree to disagree...real guns are dangerous. Be responsible and follow laws.

Oh and it SORT of looks like TC Isle
very diplomatic SI :yes: well it can't look exactly like TC Isle can it?
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

It better or I'll be :x
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

@guns:
I would tend to agree with Wolf, it is about responsibility. Blindly abiding to rules created by other humans is a choice. It's a damn good thing we have the rules, but rules don't make reality. Don't do anything stupid and you'll be fine. Further discussion should be done in a new thread.

@Nick:
Correct. It can be seen amidst some grass, next to a tree in Matt's gameplay video.

@SI:
Haha, it'll look a lot like TC when I go to put new models in. As for foliage, it's going to look a lot better because CE2 can handle a lot more. Consider it a new version of TC_Isle, not meant to duplicate or replace the original. I'm even considering having it be set when InGen is still operating there.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Shadow Wolf wrote:you sure like on topicness don't you? :P and don't blame me
:mrgreen: Yes, I like the topicness. :P I don't blame you, you wanted to end it...
Draconisaurus wrote:Correct. It can be seen amidst some grass, next to a tree in Matt's gameplay video.
Ok, except it not tipped over. :P

Will everything be destructible?
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Draconisaurus wrote: @SI:
Haha, it'll look a lot like TC when I go to put new models in. As for foliage, it's going to look a lot better because CE2 can handle a lot more. Consider it a new version of TC_Isle, not meant to duplicate or replace the original. I'm even considering having it be set when InGen is still operating there.
that would be cool and explain why vehicles are working. I really should get crysis, but I still haven't played all the way through far cry yet.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nick3069 wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Correct. It can be seen amidst some grass, next to a tree in Matt's gameplay video.
Ok, except it not tipped over. :P
Second Illiteration wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote: @SI:
that would be cool and explain why vehicles are working.
Yep. The truck's aren't tipped over so that they can be driven, and because I'm planning for the whole island to be operation. Actually, therefor, I shouldn't even be putting the trucks in the same spots...
Nick3069 wrote:Will everything be destructible?
Hmmmm, good question. I would have to reconstruct anything that is myself, in order to have the seperate breakable pieces. Now that you mention it, I will be doing that for at least one or two buildings, as an exercise in learning how that mechanism of the engine works. :) Can't say yet what those buildings would be, though.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Drac, you might be on to something, setting the level when InGen was active there. During the evacuation procedures. You could be the one that rigged up the dinomite in the caves. You could also be the person responsible for locking Anne in the Venture...
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hehe, yeah I think the idea has a lot of potential. Something a Tres level's never really been able to do. We'll see where it goes! Will be some time before I go back to work on this, JPDS is now in full swing behind the scenes...
Draco master
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Draco master »

YAY I can't wat for JPDS :mrgreen:
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Draconisaurus wrote: JPDS is now in full swing behind the scenes...
so it would appear, it might come out this decade :lol:
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draco master
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Draco master »

lol