Three questions...

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Three questions...

Post by Microceratops »

Hi people

First I want ti apologise if I ask too many things but I don't know very much about how it works Trespasser, so... Here are some questions about JPDS1:

1. We'll have to put the JPDS1 in the data folder of Trespasser or we can play it directly without changing the original game? (Like in the TC_Isle Demo)
2. Do you have a release date for this levels of Trespasser?
3. It will include new dinos? If the answer is yes, which are they?

Thanks again!!
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Three questions...

Post by Second Illiteration »

Microceratops wrote:
1. We'll have to put the JPDS1 in the data folder of Trespasser or we can play it directly without changing the original game? (Like in the TC_Isle Demo)

I believe it will be like TC_Isle with it's own engine, though I'm sure it will search for a valid copy of Trespasser.
Microceratops wrote: 2. Do you have a release date for this levels of Trespasser?
I believe Drac is shooting for end of summer.
Microceratops wrote: It will include new dinos? If the answer is yes, which are they?
Absolutely. I don't want to go off naming them all and give away secrets, so I'll just mention ones that have been seen in screen shots.

-Newly skinned raptors
-Megaraptor (though the screenshots given are outdated and will look different)
-Skin variations for Dilophosaurus, Tyrannosaurus...some others. I have the skins it just depends on whether they are wanted for use.

There are other new dinosaurs but I don't want to give anything away.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

I think there is also suppost to be a Spinosaurus in part 2 of the JPDS series, that's what I heared from Draco.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Yup.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

SI has pretty much nailed it. JPDS1, 2, and 3 will be played via the JPDS engine. A few other new dinosaurs have appeared in screenshots, such as Segnosaurus and Ankylosaurus. We'll be using all TC_Isle dinos and many others from JPOG, though most of those are currently still Trespasser versions in the level. ^^; Oh and, there will be no Brachiosaur in JPDS1, as I have it planned currently, however there may be other things.. ;)

We're shooting for a late Summer release. I've gotten involved with a more local 3D project in the past week and it may take a bit of my time in the immediate future, however I spent a good deal of time earlier working on the level. My girlfriend is visiting relatives for much of this week so hopefully I can post an update. :) In the meantime, other JPDS members are periodically at work.. My ultimate goal is to release JPDS3 no later than Christmas this year so my new team can move on to bigger projects.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

That is wonderful new!!!!! :mrgreen: Can't wait!
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Another question (sorry if I boder you with questions)...

JPDS1 is going to be only ONE huge level or it will have many levels??

Thanks again!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Well, after playing the beta, it's HUGE. A very big level. I would say the size of 2 or three regular Trespasser levels.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Draconisaurus wrote:JPDS1, 2, and 3 will be played via the JPDS engine.
By "JPDS engine" you mean the demo engine modifyed or retail set as it's own program (like TC_Isle) or do you mean a completely new engine?
Microceratops wrote:JPDS1 is going to be only ONE huge level or it will have many levels.
Like answered in the other quote, there are 3 parts to it (meaning 3 levels) and SI sayed there are going to be big, so they will be THREE HUGE levels. These levels are going to be the best thing to happen to Trespasser since the TC series, which, unfortunately, part 3 (of TC) is still not released and maybe wont even be released.