JPDS~testing - Version 3 released for Week of Tres!!

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Eh.. bricks.. sounds cool, but at least my idea of bricks would be too small I'm afraid - quite likely to cause a crash. :? I could always give it a try.. maybe I'll set up a small test in JPDS~testing for collapsing brick walls.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, you'd use bricks for segments of wall, not a whole building... you'd use them in the places where you want the wall to break apart. That would look rather good. I may give that a try myself, too.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I would say don't worry about making walls breakable by guns or anne...

By the way drac, did you get my carno test level?

And would you want the level where I made an entire shack out of wood pieces?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmm I don't think I got a carno test level... The shack level sounds cool, too. :yes: I can try and make it destructible at some point for ya heheh.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Good news everyone! JPDS~testing has finally gotten a released version. LostJungle, as I've said, was borne from JPDS~testing, but was far from it in terms of type content. JPDS~testing is a wacky zone for random tests by me for things we have in mind for JPDS (well, mostly ;)). In this level is even a semi-working set-up for the wooden desk's drawers to open and close, as well as other Mystery Models converted into proper Trespasser formats, ready for export. A fine and dandy level for asipring level creators to learn some new scripting techniques. ;) I'm so nice, you guys even get a premier JPDS1 object - version 1 of the redwood pine. 8)
Oh and if you guys are wondering what the yellow dinosaur is... just walk around a bit (not too fast) and you'll see. ;)

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/3dac ... esting.rar

Have fun! :D
Kacy
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by Kacy »

I just have to say, not knowing about destructive walls, hearing those thumps and seeing an albertosaurus head crashing into view... I had quite a scare! I'm so used to indoors being relatively safe in Trespasser!

Very well done Draconisaurus. I'm sure JPDS will be amazing.

Also, I grew quite attached to that giant compy-thing that kept following me around!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Quite glad you've enjoyed it! :mrgreen: Yesh the destructible complex walls are always fun and menacing when they get plowed down... :D
Kacy wrote:Also, I grew quite attached to that giant compy-thing that kept following me around!
Yay! :3 hehe that was fun to script. Never quite got him to the point where he would attack other dinos for you, but he's rather cute when he follows you everywhere, anyway. :) Btw there's an event in the level that will heal him if you ever need. ;)
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Does the event have to do with the pikachu crate?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha yes good job ;P The yellow dino is actually called "pikompy".
Kacy
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by Kacy »

Pikompy! I love it. :lol:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

:D Btw Kacy please don't forget to check your PMs. ;)
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

:lol: So that's why he's yellow! :yes:
I like the D. Eagle that attracts stuff towards you, the giant dice things with different sounds, the falling trailer, and everything about the building (destroyable by the Albertosaurus, raptor sounding compys inside the building, the toilet bowl and the night vision-ish effect wen you enter the other room).
Last edited by Nick3069 on Fri May 16, 2008 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hehe yep it's called the CrazyEagle and CrazyEagle2. ;) (the other one, btw, has a massive push value, instead of a negative one). And yeah those sound boxes are extremely helpful, it's how I test sounds when I want to know which I should use - particularly helpful when many available sound materials have nearly the same name. And yes well I have a feeling the complex maze is everyone's fav part. :D If you're patient enough, you can catch the compy drinking out of the toilet, hehe.. And yeah, the two main points in building the maze were getting destructible buildings and setting up dinos-in-buildings with oversized compies that could pose a threat to the player, something to use for testing ideas about the coelophysises in the Embryonics Admin in JPDS1...

BTW have you tried walking the plank yet? Heheh.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Yes, I have tried "walking the plank" (I thought that the sniper was non-stationary but still have the tripod, but instead it's completely stationary.), but then the Albertosaurus came, killed the green raptor (which just spawned) and tipped the "plank" over the edge. :lol:
Last edited by Nick3069 on Fri May 16, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kacy
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by Kacy »

When I went into that trailer and grabbed the taser gun it tipped over and fell into the whiteness (with me in it). I survived! I headed out into the whiteness and went for the distant trees. A parasaurolophus came outta nowhere and made me jump! I think there were some floating cars too...

Great stuff.

Oh, and I wrote back to your PM Draconisaurus.