JPDS Requests

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: JPDS Requests

Post by NoTrespassing »

Shadow Wolf wrote:if you look at the origonal JPDS thread http://www.trescom.3dactionplanet.games ... php?t=2561 I believe you will find your answer
Cool. Thanks for giving me that link. I'm more confident that DS will resolve the mystery Grant mentioned in JP3 and I learned a lot from that thread as well. But I have a few questions regarding the images below, and they're all ones I'm sure can be answered without giving anything away.

The image below listed the raptors shown from right to left.
Raptor A
Raptor A alpha
Raptor B
Raptor B alpha
Raptor Jungle
RaptorJungle Female
Megaraptor

Isn't the raptor that's second from the right (also pictured below) a JP3 female raptor, not an alpha version of the JP/TLW raptors? Also the Bluish-Gray raptors all reffered to as Raptor B. Is this a re-imagined version of the Tribe B raptors from the retail game, or does it just mean that it's a fourth tribe of raptor that happens to be the second veriety Anne will encounter on this adventure? Also, is it just me or is the Parasaurolophus towering over the T-Rex? Parasaurolophuses were smaller than T-Rexes weren't they?

Pictured below is the Tribe B Dilophosaurus.
That's cool. It would be great if there was a Tribe C Dilo that was yellow with black spots on its back - this is how they were described in the Jurassic Park novel. Actually, this Tribe B Dilo looks kinda like a cross between the one from the film and the one from the novel. So if a novel-like Tribe C dilo was made, the transition from A to B to C would be pretty smooth.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

As far as I know...some of those skins maybe be moot by now...
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

NoTrespassing wrote:Also, is it just me or is the Parasaurolophus towering over the T-Rex? Parasaurolophuses were smaller than T-Rexes weren't they?
No, it's not the Parasaurolophus that's too big, it's the T. Rexes that are too small, but if you make the T. Rexes too big, then they can't eat you.
NoTrespassing wrote:Isn't the raptor that's second from the right (also pictured below) a JP3 female raptor, not an alpha version of the JP/TLW raptors?
Yes, I don't get that, the TLW tiger raptors should not be in the same tribe as the JP3 female raptors.
NoTrespassing wrote:Also the Bluish-Gray raptors all reffered to as Raptor B. Is this a re-imagined version of the Tribe B raptors from the retail game, or does it just mean that it's a fourth tribe of raptor that happens to be the second veriety Anne will encounter on this adventure?
Those look like JP3 raptors, but I don't know why they are bluish-grey... I think he is taking a more canon approche to the tribes thing, meaning Tribe A = TLW raptors, Tribe B = JP3 raptors, and Tribe C = ???. But, we don't see a third Tribe in the movies so he put a jungle raptors instead of Tribe C.
NoTrespassing wrote:That's cool. It would be great if there was a Tribe C Dilo that was yellow with black spots on its back - this is how they were described in the Jurassic Park novel. Actually, this Tribe B Dilo looks kinda like a cross between the one from the film and the one from the novel. So if a novel-like Tribe C dilo was made, the transition from A to B to C would be pretty smooth.
Nice way of seeing it.
Second Illiteration wrote:As far as I know...some of those skins maybe be moot by now...
Moot? What do you mean by that?
NoTrespassing wrote:The image below listed the raptors shown from right to left.
Raptor A
Raptor A alpha
Raptor B
Raptor B alpha
Raptor Jungle
RaptorJungle Female
Megaraptor
OMG! I've just realised that the RaptorJungle Female (AKA LJ raptor), Raptor Jungle and the Megaraptor use a recoloration of the JPOG raptor's skin.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Moot as in won't be used. I know for sure that the megaraptor looks completely different now. Also there are skins that aren't shown there that I know will be in the level. Also don't get too caught up on the "JP3 raptors were this tribe, and the TLW ones were this tribe". Let me just say that there are A LOT of raptors...
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Nick3069 wrote:
NoTrespassing wrote:Also, is it just me or is the Parasaurolophus towering over the T-Rex? Parasaurolophuses were smaller than T-Rexes weren't they?
No, it's not the Parasaurolophus that's too big, it's the T. Rexes that are too small, but if you make the T. Rexes too big, then they can't eat you.
That stinks. In the retail game T-Rexes were smaller than the Parasaurolophuses, too. I mentioned to Draco a while back that it would be nice to have the large carnivores in Trespasser to be able to swing their heads down to stike at victims, just like they do in Operation Genesis. He said some sort of string or trigger or something else I don't really understand might give that result. We'll just have to wait and see.
Nick3069 wrote:Image
OMG! I've just realised that the RaptorJungle Female (AKA LJ raptor), Raptor Jungle and the Megaraptor use a recoloration of the JPOG raptor's skin.
I didn't notice that. Looks like all except the tiger-striped male raptor are recolorations of the female JP3 raptor.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Re:

Post by Draconisaurus »

NoTrespassing wrote:
Draco wrote:There's already a Rex Nest in JPDS1, but little else has been decided about it other than the fact that there will be a mom, dad, and baby rex associated with it.
Okay here's a request regarding that area. I'd really like to have the dad Rex green and the mom Rex brown like in the movies.
I do believe that's the way it is in the retail game... just no baby rex. Anyway we've been hoping for new and interesting skin(s) for at least one of the pair.. it's not been decided yet as dino-design is one of the last things on the to-do list.
Microceratops wrote:I would like very much (for any of the three levels of JPDS) to see in the game a battle between a T-Rex and a Spinosaurus... That would be AWESOME!!
Me too. A Spinosaurus in a Trespasser level is long overdue. Well, maybe not long overdue, but it's about time. And I'm sure we'd all love to see a T-Rex versus Spinosaurus fight in Trespasser. I'd like to have both dinosaurs have an even chance at winning, that way the outcome is always different and the replay value of the level goes up. It would also be cool to see the Velociraptors versus Spinosaurus battle (in which the Velociraptors won) that ended up being cut from Jurassic Park III reenacted in Trespasser.
Hmmm, hadn't herd of that one. But yesh - a Rex vs. Spino battle in Tres would be awesome, though can't be put into JPDS due to the plot. We really ought to start up that Raptor Battles thing again.. anyone feel like digging up the old thread for it? I still have a couple old arenas ready for it..
Draco wrote:I'll go ahead and tell you that you won't be able to kill the Spino (regardless of hitpoints), because it's the same Spino seen in JP3, and the game takes place before then, so we can't kill it.
Who says it has to be the same one from JPIII? There could have been more than one Spinosaurus on the island.
It's all part of the plot..
Also, I strongly suggest that a Spinosaurus be included in one of the JPDS levels and I'm sure many other TresCom members will agree with my reason for this. [...]
Nick3069 wrote:I think Draco said the Spino isn't going to be in JPDS1, but will be in one of the sequels.
NoTrespassing wrote:
Nick3069 wrote:I thought the hole thing about JPDS was InGen's dark secrets.
It is. Did I say different?
Well, no not exactly, but you were saying that what Grant said about the dinosaurs not on the list should be in there, and that was the first thing I thought about when Draco said it was about InGen's dark secrets, so I think it's inevitably going to be in there.
Thanks for clearing that up, Nick, that's all quite correct.
NoTrespassing wrote:
Shadow Wolf wrote:if you look at the origonal JPDS thread http://www.trescom.3dactionplanet.games ... php?t=2561 I believe you will find your answer
Cool. Thanks for giving me that link. I'm more confident that DS will resolve the mystery Grant mentioned in JP3 and I learned a lot from that thread as well. But I have a few questions regarding the images below, and they're all ones I'm sure can be answered without giving anything away.
Glad you found the thread; it's a must-read for anyone wanting to find out what's been revealed about JPDS so far (though there are some parts you can admittedly skip through without missing anything..)
Isn't the raptor that's second from the right (also pictured below) a JP3 female raptor, not an alpha version of the JP/TLW raptors?
Correct. Some JPDS Team members said that others mind have a buff with this; the listing you refer to was once valid and is still technically in place but it's going to get a complete overhaul. Most of the final raptors haven't been imported yet due to texture palette availability, so I can't really provide an updated screen (plus we're keeping more things secret these days ;)).
Also the Bluish-Gray raptors all reffered to as Raptor B. Is this a re-imagined version of the Tribe B raptors from the retail game, or does it just mean that it's a fourth tribe of raptor that happens to be the second veriety Anne will encounter on this adventure?
Well first off, JPDS takes place in a universe entirely separate from that of Anne and Trespasser's Site B. As far as the island goes, it's a total reimagining based on the movies, with the holes filled in by info from the books, along with references and homages to other JP games.
As for that raptor being called RaptorB - it was the first raptor put into JPDS1, and as such, it was the TC_Isle raptor, just with new textures and nothing renamed, so it kept that name. The TC raptor looks more like Tribe A but is called Tribe B, since it was made from the tallest variation from the retail. Anyway though, I don't think it's going to keep that name in the final release.. the "blue raptors" were originally supposed to be the classic JP3 raptors, but we've since gotten a much better version from SI and a new tribe that camos with the environments I had been sticking the blue raptors in, so it's a whole new set-up..
Also, is it just me or is the Parasaurolophus towering over the T-Rex? Parasaurolophuses were smaller than T-Rexes weren't they?
Honestly, I'm not sure about that. Considering that by JP depictions, a para stands up-right and a rex has its head down in hunting-mode etc, I think a para would stand taller than a rex; body mass is another question, but yeah you hafta realize, many herbivores were pretty damn big.. They were basically just eating and breeding machines. :yum:
But yeah, as someone else said, the rexes are a bit under-sized as well..
Pictured below is the Tribe B Dilophosaurus.
That's cool. It would be great if there was a Tribe C Dilo that was yellow with black spots on its back - this is how they were described in the Jurassic Park novel. Actually, this Tribe B Dilo looks kinda like a cross between the one from the film and the one from the novel. So if a novel-like Tribe C dilo was made, the transition from A to B to C would be pretty smooth.
That's not a half-bad idea, I'll take it into consideration.. SI, make note. ;)
Second Illiteration wrote:As far as I know...some of those skins maybe be moot by now...
It's true. The male jungle raptors, IIRC, were already redone by SI.. As I said, the blue raps are out, and so is their blue female.. And yeah, I'm not sure what we'll do for a variation on Tribe A - we could always use the JP1 skin, but I was hoping to keep that for Nublar mods, as a sort of signature. We'll have to see, though.
Nick3069 wrote:
:lol:, good point.. We may be able to fix that, though. Some CEntityAttached work.. haha, shouldda tested that with RJ, oh well.
Good job. ;)
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Draconisaurus wrote:
NoTrespassing wrote:I'd really like to have the dad Rex green and the mom Rex brown like in the movies.
I do believe that's the way it is in the retail game
Just checking to see if you were keeping it that way :wink:
Draconisaurus wrote:
No Trespassing wrote:It would also be cool to see the Velociraptors versus Spinosaurus battle (in which the Velociraptors won) that ended up being cut from Jurassic Park III reenacted in Trespasser.
Hmmm, hadn't herd of that one.
I read it in the original script. Enjoy the original (and I think much better) ending:
Originally, it was grant who climbed the crane at the river. The Spinosaurus tries to knock him off when Grant pulls the resinating chambers from his bag. He "calls for help" and hangs on as the Spinosaurus continues to attack him. The Velociraptors appear on shore and attack the Spinosuarus, thinking it was attacking a member of their pack. The raptors attack the Spinosaurus until it drops down, dead. Grant and the others escape and leave the raptors (which are not in the film from this moment on) to their feast. At the beach, Grant finds the small parasailing boat from the beginning washed ashore and asks Eric how it crashed. He doesn't know. Two helecopter appear on the horizon(not the military). Paul and Amanda kiss. Grant notices claw marks torn through the back of the driver's seat of the boat and three-toed footprints heading into the jungle. As the helecopters arrive, Eric tells Grant that they're safe. "No we're not," Grant says as one helecopter lands and the other flies over the jungle to cover them. Grant shouts to the flying helecopter, "NO! STAY BACK! THEY'RE IN THE TREES!" A flock of angry Pteranodons burst from the treetops and cause the flying helecopter to crash. The survivors board the other helecopter, which starts to fly away without Grant. Paul drops a rope ladder and Grant grabs it just in time. Still hanging on to the ladder over the ocean, a Pteranodon follows and lands on the rope ladder below Grant and attacks him. It gets itself tangled in the rope ladder, but still tries to attack Grant. Eric hands Grant the raptor claw he got on the island and Grant cuts one side of the rope ladder. He starts on the second when the Pteranodon snaps at him, going for his hand. There's nowhere for Grant to cut without the pteranodon getting him. Grant has an idea and deliberately places in his hand on the line, pulling away at the last moment. The Pteranodon itself bites through the line. The Pteranodon falls away from the helicopter, catching wind just before it hits the water. It circles and flies back to Isla Sorna. The helecopter flies away and Grant and Eric say they like dinosaurs so much they want to go back some day. The End.

That last part would be a good scene in Trespasser. We've already been able to climb rope ladders (like in The Legacy: Part 1) and we have Pteranodons in the game. We just haven't had attacking Pteranodons in the game. But since the original DS thread shows the Aviary building being made, I think it's a safe bet that the DS team is figuring this out, or already has.

If anyone's interested the original scipts for all three movies ( are available to read at the links below. Each has a different ending and the first two are very different from the final cut and more like the novels.
Jurassic Park: http://imsdb.com/scripts/Jurassic-Park.html
The Lost World: http://imsdb.com/scripts/Jurassic-Park- ... World.html
Jurassic Park III: http://imsdb.com/scripts/Jurassic-Park-III.html
Draco wrote:A Rex vs. Spino battle in Tres would be awesome, though can't be put into JPDS due to the plot.
I can't see how you couldn't squeeze it in, but I'm sure I'll understand what you mean when DS comes out - I hope you guys really mean it when you say it should be out by the end of this year - the suspense is killing us!
No Trespassing wrote:
Draco wrote:I'll go ahead and tell you that you won't be able to kill the Spino because it's the same Spino seen in JP3, and the game takes place before then, so we can't kill it.
Who says it has to be the same one from JPIII?
Oh, yeah. You do. :D
Draco wrote:The TC raptor looks more like Tribe A but is called Tribe B, since it was made from the tallest variation from the retail.
Tribe B is taller than A and C? I never noticed.
Draco wrote:
No Trespassing wrote:It would be great if there was a Tribe C Dilo that was yellow with black spots on its back - this is how they were described in the Jurassic Park novel. Actually, this Tribe B Dilo looks kinda like a cross between the one from the film and the one from the novel. So if a novel-like Tribe C dilo was made, the transition from A to B to C would be pretty smooth.
That's not a half-bad idea, I'll take it into consideration.. SI, make note. ;)
Ah, yes! I have finally come up with a fresh, good, useful idea! It's been a while.
Draco wrote:I'm not sure what we'll do for a variation on Tribe A - we could always use the JP1 skin, but I was hoping to keep that for Nublar mods, as a sort of signature. We'll have to see, though.
Well, there were brown raptors in The Lost World (IIRC, the raptor that attacked Malcolm when he was using the door as a shield was a "JP1 raptor"). In the first two films, the male raptors are tiger-striped and the females are brown. There weren't any tiger striped raptors in JP1 because in that movie all dinosaurs are female. So, if you wanted, you could use both brown and tiger-striped raptors for Tribe A.
Last edited by NoTrespassing on Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

NoTrespassing wrote:Well, there were brown raptors in The Lost World (IIRC, the raptor that attacked Malcolm when he was using the door as a shield was a "JP1 raptor"). In the first two films, the male raptors are tiger-striped and the females are brown. There weren't any tiger striped raptors in JP1 because in that movie all dinosaurs are female. So, if you wanted, you could use both brown and tiger-striped raptors for Tribe A.
Hmm... You're not the first one here to say that, but I have never seen a brown raptor in TLW... I'll have to watch the movie again...
Slash_Master
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Slash_Master »

>____> they are there, along with other type of raptor, its just too dark to see the difference <____<
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Slash_Master wrote:>____> they are there, along with other type of raptor, its just too dark to see the difference <____<
If it's too dark to see the difference, how do you know there's a difference?
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Second Illiteration wrote:
Slash_Master wrote:>____> they are there, along with other type of raptor, its just too dark to see the difference <____<
It's not always too dark to see the difference. The best part of the film to see that brown females are present is the scene when Malcolm is in the truck and a raptor is trying to break through the window with its snout. The camera pans from the raptor at the truck window to the two others trying to dig a hole to get into the building. In this shot, the contrast between the two velociraptors is very clear. The velociraptor on the left is orange while the velociraptor on the right is brown. The other good moment to see a female raptor is when the two raptors fight each other while Sarah escapes. Theres a moment when the two roll towards the camera and it is very clear that the raptor on the bottom, with many cuts on it's neck, is a brown female. A picture for The Lost World was released showing the two Tyrannosaurs, Velociraptors, the baby T-Rex, and Compys feasting on a dead Stegosaurus. The Velociraptor in the back in the trees is brown. I'd post this picture, but I couldn't find it on the internet - which is weird because it's a common picture I've seen many times. Anyway, last but not least, the original VHS cover of The Lost World shows two Velociraptors on the back. The one on the left is brown while the one on the right is tiger-striped. So, there you go.
Slash_Master
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Slash_Master »

NoTrespassing wrote:The other good moment to see a female raptor is when the two raptors fight each other while Sarah escapes. Theres a moment when the two roll towards the camera and it is very clear that the raptor on the bottom, with many cuts on it's neck, is a brown female.
ur wrong, its green; i've showed that screencap to drac so he can confirm, also good old ryan can confirm it
SlashMaster's Bio-Terror
50%
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Second Illiteration wrote:
I think he meant too dark for most people. We did do some screenshot examining in years past, including photoshop brightening and whatnot.. There's also a concept image floating around somewhere.
NoTrespassing wrote:A picture for The Lost World was released showing the two Tyrannosaurs, Velociraptors, the baby T-Rex, and Compys feasting on a dead Stegosaurus. The Velociraptor in the back in the trees is brown. I'd post this picture, but I couldn't find it on the internet - which is weird because it's a common picture I've seen many times.
Hmmm, is this it?
http://jplw.jurassicpark.com/download/w ... 00_600.jpg
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Slash Master wrote:
NoTrespassing wrote:The other good moment to see a female raptor is when the two raptors fight each other while Sarah escapes. Theres a moment when the two roll towards the camera and it is very clear that the raptor on the bottom, with many cuts on it's neck, is a brown female.
ur wrong, its green; i've showed that screencap to drac so he can confirm, also good old ryan can confirm it
Well, it's the same raptor from the first shot of them digging so I still believe it to be brown. It's probably just the dark lighting that made it look green in that shot. I just remembered something else, too. The Sega Lost World Arcade game featured both tiger-striped and brown raptors. But, you know, it also featured green alpha raptors as well. http://www.arcade-history.com/images/game/3330_1.png So could there have been green raptors in TLW? I still don't think so. I think they were just made for the game, though I can't prove it. I can only prove that there were definately brown females in The Lost World. There's a lot of evidence supporting it. If I could just find that one picture I mentioned above... It shows all the animatronic carnivors made for the film and one of the raptors is a brown female. I have a puzzle of the picture but BB code doesn't let you post pictures from your computer. By the way, the dinosaur the carnivores are eating in that picture turned out to be a Parasaurolophus once I got a closer look.
Draconisaurus wrote:Hmmm, is this it?
http://jplw.jurassicpark.com/download/w ... 00_600.jpg
Close. That's a collage of many released pictures and it does contain peices of the picture I described. No brown raptor in that "collage image," though.
Last edited by NoTrespassing on Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

NoTrespassing wrote:Close. That's a collage of many released pictures and it does contain peices of the picture I described. No brown raptor in that "collage image," though.
Darn..