JPDS Requests

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: JPDS Requests

Post by NoTrespassing »

What's your take on the whole brown raptor thing, Draco? And do you think Slash is right about that one being green? I've just edited my previous post to give more detail on the green raptor idea.
Slash_Master
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Slash_Master »

i'm too lazy and busy to put the dvd and take again the screencap, but you can do it if u don't believe me 8) pause it at the very moment of the damaged raptor rolling to the camera, its cleary green with red stripes yes, a lot like the raptor on the model2 game, and theres a concept of the green raptor on the stan winston site, and i already gave too much info ´-`
SlashMaster's Bio-Terror
50%
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

This is getting off topic, but my curiosity is getting the best of me.
Slash_Master wrote:i'm too lazy and busy to put the dvd and take again the screencap, but you can do it if u don't believe me 8) pause it at the very moment of the damaged raptor rolling to the camera, its cleary green with red stripes yes, a lot like the raptor on the model2 game, and theres a concept of the green raptor on the stan winston site, and i already gave too much info ´-`
Green raptor in TLW?!?! :o Wow, to be honest, I doubt it, but if you have proof...
TLW green raptor concept from Stan Winston's site
TLW green raptor concept from Stan Winston's site
TLWGreenRaptor.jpg (37.4 KiB) Viewed 10408 times
Very nice. 8) Velocirpator? :lol: That must be a typo.
Last edited by Nick3069 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slash_Master
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Slash_Master »

maybe latter today or tomorrow i'll put the dvd and take the right pic :P , i don't have the exact screen cap at the moment only a pic of when the raptor jums from a building to other, but still you can see the green coloration

SlashMaster's Bio-Terror
50%
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

Nick3069 wrote:This is getting off topic
Yes, but I guess this is just a temporary distraction...

The picture above is just a concept drawing. Ultimately, the orange and black coloration for males was chosen for the film. A black, yellow, and red compy was considered, too, but the green coloration was chosen in the end.
I think the allegedly green raptor is really brown. The picture Slash Master posted does look like it shows a greenish raptor, but I think it's just an effect of it being nighttime and the red cuts it gets later on just give a sort of optical illusion to make it look more green than it really is (when I covered up the cuts with my hand it looked a lot less green. Colors can look different next to other colors). Perhaps the only way to settle this is to send a letter to Stan Winston himself.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

NoTrespassing wrote:I have a puzzle of the picture but BB code doesn't let you post pictures from your computer.
First off, yes you can - TresCom forums in phpBB3 allows attachments, but I haven't bothered with it yet.. I'd personally recommend getting an account at http://www.imageshack.us
NoTrespassing wrote:
Nick3069 wrote:This is getting off topic
Yes, but I guess this is just a temporary distraction...
Well since we're discussing raptor species still, and that's a topic of direct discussion for JPDS1, I think it's perfectly on-topic.. ;) I created the JPDS Requests thread for general JPDS discussion and then the dev journals for updates to separate outside discussion of JPDS from discussion of the updates etc., which the old JPDS public thread had in a single form, so this is more or less fulfilling the purpose of the thread..
Perhaps the only way to settle this is to send a letter to Stan Winston himself.
Honestly, I think it can be settled when Slash is a bit less busy..
The raptor in question is only in CG, so it wouldn't have cost them much extra for the additional skin (since no new animatronics were needed).
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

The problem to me is that people can see different things with different shadows and stuff...the only way that you could get me to believe that there were brown AND tiger orange raptors is hearing it from someone who worked on the film.
dartheric
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by dartheric »

I have a new idea for some sort of level part.

I remembered recently that in low oxygen levels mammals have a hard time breathing (obviously) but scientists have learned that because of dinosaurs stucture and the way they breath they have no problem.

so my idea is to have a part where you must pick up a mask or something to go higher up on a mountain or need a oxygen mask to get into a lab room or something and then you could battle dinosaurs and what not because of there immunity to the low oxygen and mabey there could be a time limit.

perhaps to do this you could have a area where unless Ann is carrying the object she get killed or just goes really slow.
to find the object there could be a a steril room or something that has oxygen tanks in it and there could be a little valve on the tank (you could use a yellow fire extinguisher) and when the valve get low you have to go back to the shed and get a new one. You could have to go into a building high up that is for solar power that has this air and use the airtanks to turn it back on but the building could be in panel sections so you would fight through one room and turn that panel on then go get another oxygen tank and then the next ect ect...

many possibilities.
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

dartheric, it seems to me like that could be done. I am very inexperienced at modding Trespasser at that level, but it could work, the bionicwoman cheat could probably be triggered unless you posses the oxygen mask. And as far as the oxygen mask goes, Anne may have to keep her hand on it while it's up to her face so she can't hold a weapon at the same time. Also the physics may cause the mask to move up and down when she jumps. Someone may be able to figure this out but I don't know.
dartheric
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by dartheric »

i didnt think she shoudl actually put it on her mouth. i though she could just pick it up and put it in her other weapon slot and you could take it out and look at the guage to see how much air was left.
NoTrespassing
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by NoTrespassing »

that could work
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heh, I think the main problem with your idea is explaining why there would be any kind of lab at such altitude. But let's say there's an explination.. I just don't think that's really very compelling. Low air.. when outside.. meh. Some humans live at very high altitude and they don't require masks. At the heights where breathing assistance is most necessary, it's too damn cold. You wouldn't get something like that on such a small island, IMO.

All that aside, of course the idea of a time limiter requiring you to go back and forth (for air or w/e) is nothing new to gaming, and is a fun gameplay element to play with. I could have either a room filled with gas or with water and play something similar out, and there might already be a use for the water version in planning for JPDS.. I can't go into any detail on it but our idea for it was similar though not exactly what you've proposed here.

As for the tank itself, it would be modelled so that it covers your mouth when in the stowed position.
dartheric
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by dartheric »

A lab at the top of a mountain that would be silly pointless and stupid but a solar panel station that powers a lab could work or mabey(thats what i said in my post, not a lab...) there could be toxic gas in the rooms and no dinosaurs what so ever. Another idea would be a nuclear power building that requiers you to use a radiation suit.

By the way in my post i said need a oxygen mask to get into a lab. i didnt mean a lab ontop of a mountain, i ment a lab with a low oxygen enviroment because of the work with genetics or it could be a room where reseachers where studying the DX virus.

One possible scenario is that there is a building with 2 or more rooms in it. 1 of the rooms is a low oxygen room with all kinds of viles and stuff in it and another or more rooms are empty but there are 2 doors. 1 leads into the lab room and through a airlock and then into the room you must get to. then the other one leads to the room but doesnt go through the lab. know obviously you pick this wrout not wanting to use a air mask. but before you get to the door the roof colapses or something and you cant get through, so now (OH NO!) you cant go through there and must go through the low oxygen room.
i think it would be a great part of a plotline.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah, we'll see, could come into play.
dartheric
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by dartheric »