JPDS Requests

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

JPDS Requests

Post by Draconisaurus »

I'm setting up this thread for one of the frequent topics of discussion in the original JPDS thread... that being requests from various TresCom members for certain content they'd like to see in the game. Any further suggestions anyone has, or further discussion over old ideas, post 'em here! 8) Can be new guns, dinos, locations, ATX applications, anything.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, my request was going to be "Get it done and reease it", but apparently that's not the kind of requests you meant...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

lol :P It will definately not be until Summer, but I don't see any reason it should be pushed beyond that.. how far into summer completely depends on how long the EA will take to create (as a whole) and how long the cutscenes take to make. At least a month of summer will be required.
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

machf wrote:Well, my request was going to be "Get it done and reease it", but apparently that's not the kind of requests you meant...
It will be released when its done :P
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

I'm requesting a new Dinosaur Carnotaurus. I've been hopeing someone would have a mod with him. Also could he have the skin of the one in the lost world arcade game, dark and light green strips and orange eyes. Making him have, invisibility is another matter.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

General Kenobi wrote:I'm requesting a new Dinosaur Carnotaurus.
There's already been one released...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I personally would like to see a modified version..something a bit bulkier more like these

So if anyone wants to modify is to look a bit more like these pictures...you can either download the level the model was released in or contact me and I'll send it to you...and of course I will skin it...
Slash_Master
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Slash_Master »

actually i'm doing it ;3 :lol:

do you have any pics from top?
SlashMaster's Bio-Terror
50%
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Second Illiteration wrote:
I personally would like to see a modified version..something a bit bulkier more like these

So if anyone wants to modify is to look a bit more like these pictures...you can either download the level the model was released in or contact me and I'll send it to you...and of course I will skin it...
Actually, I'd rather wait until we can add bumpmaps/normal maps in order to do all those bumps...
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

I didn't really mean bumps...I just meant it should look more bullish. Bulkier, fatter, however you want to say it...so it looks more powerful.

And Slash I'll see if I can find a top view (though I have doubts I'll find one)

Here's one from a top side angle:

http://www.cmstudio.com/image/Carnotaurus.jpg

Here's some shots that a modeler did:

http://antoniosiu.lotus-arts.org/18_car ... _final.jpg
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, I can also rig this one... we got permission from the author to use it, after all.

Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

I'd still like to see one that looks a little closer to the pics I posted.

By the way machf, is that from that GMOD collections of dinos or whatever it was called?
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

machf wrote:Actually, I'd rather wait until we can add bumpmaps/normal maps in order to do all those bumps...
If (and hopefully when) we do get that capability, I've got quite a few things I'd like to bump.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Second Illiteration wrote:
By the way machf, is that from that GMOD collections of dinos or whatever it was called?
"Whatever it was called", indeed... (can't remember it right now, either). The same with the Tylosaur and the Deinonychus.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

BUMPS!
Really?
can you do it?

Id like to see a Carnotaurus like the others are saying the Xmsa one just seems I dunno, chickenish?

And a Giganatosaurus! Yes I know its pointless now that we have many Rexs but it would be interesting seeing a Giganatosaurus fight a Spino or Trex.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!