JP: Return to Darkness

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Let's do this...

Give me everything you can about our character and the JPDS story. Since I like writing I'd like to give a shot at writing what could be conisdered the "prologue" to JPDS. You know do some characterization, basically write the story up until she arrives on the island...

What do you think? Could I do it?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

:? Sorry to say but this was all done in the first year and a half or so of production. We're about to enter month 28.. (2 years 3 moths so far) We've got a VERY deep plot outline and I'd appreciate it if all JPDS members could become as familiar as possible with it, though I've sorta given up on Mickey but that's ok it's not as necessary for foliage :P

I'd suggest reading all the way through JPDS Plot Concepts, Official Cutscene Idea Thread, JPDS Glossary, and Tasha Plot Element (<-everyone read this thread!! I just dug it up! I had almost forgotten, we desided that Tasha was lying about her military experience in order to go along with the 2 men to the island).

Also, incase the links don't make it clear, there is a "prolog" cutscene that plays before the menu loads, which has been planned out fairly in-depth already.. I think it's been typed up, if not then Mike and I have discussed it and have it in our heads... and should post it sometime heh. But it basically starts with Hurricane Clarissa (using actual hurricane video), then describes the evacuation (using images of wrecked, dripping wet facilities that look like they're about to be abandoned), and then.. (digging this out of memory, subject to change) it's a few months later and Tasha called InGen HQ, asking about any info on her brother Daniel, who no one's herd anything about in a while. The lady looks up his profile.. and then comes up with some excuse not to tell Tasha anything (it's because the data on the computer indicates Daniel is probably dead, and the secretary doesn't want to be responsible for any legal action against InGen; alternatively, I think I once figured she might be aware that he worked for the RF and didn't want to let that get out to anyone). So she hangs up on Tasha once Tasha starts cussing I think.. hmm well I think next is says that there is a time lapse, then some reference to both the InGen hunters arriving and the San Diego incident, which Tasha sees on TV... and spurrs her to call InGen again. Except this time, she sees the interview with John Hammond from the movie, calls the news station and gets his phone number, so she can call him directly. Once Hammond finds out that someone was unaccounted for and hears her story.. and she asks to go to the island (at this point she lies about her professional training to him), he arranges for her to go with two armed 'professionals' to Isla Sorna and do what they can to find Daniel. That's the end of the prolog.. and the menu loads. The newgame cutscene begins with a shot of the InGen helicopter cruising above the ocean. There is a scene of talking in the cockpit, perhaps discussing where to land and what the plan of action is, and they begin to approach the island, which is very foggy (Ryan made some beautiful concept art about this). From the outside, we see a dark shape pass by them. From an inside view, we see Tasha looks towards it just in time to catch a glimpse. She asks if anyone saw it - no one did of course, but while they are talking about it, TLW pteranodon starts attacking the helicopter. Not sure how this scene will be handled yet.. but it causes the heli AND the ptera to go crashing into the mountain.. (landing like this, as seen ingame) and then, the last two shots are the Spino looking across from the HSP at the falling trail of smoke (here), and then a close-up of the Spino's right eye, which has a nasty gash across it (explained later in a cutscene).
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Indeed, there is a prologue cutscene and lots of information written or checked into memory about our characters. For some quick info, you could check the Glossary of JPDS.

Furthermore, I wrote a story some time ago that gives a little more depth to our notable InGen/BioSyn/RF characters. All of the characters introduced in that story are listed in the Glossary.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Ok, sounds good.