Bug Reporting (While the site is down)

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Bug Reporting (While the site is down)

Post by tatu »

Report all bugs here!

Here is a few ones! When I start the level all object are floating in the air! and when you go right, there is no water but it is right beside!

Pics with some bugs!

No Water!!!

Floating Objects!!

Bad Texture

You can see behind the waterfall

I think that is should be water here because its a waterfall behind me!

Bad ground textures

How did you think that cars should be able to get in? Shouldent there be a gate here?

When you walk through the door from the outside you fly through it but its hard to get out, its stuck!

The terrain are invading the building!

When you trying to jump over the boxes in the building you can fly through the roof!

Objects you can walk through

If you can't see the picture, see them here:http://marlin74.freehostia.com
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TrikeUatra
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrikeUatra »

That's some pretty great investigative work there, tatu :P Great work with all the screens :)

I think everything is floating because the terrain hasn't been perfected and finalised so everything is just put in it's 'kind of' place... it should be aligned with the ground later. Same with the water... I think it will be properly placed when the terrain is done. But I'm not a level developer so I can only guess :P

I also noticed the road leading into a closed fence... as well as the door which you can jump through... but then not get back out through :lol: There are masses of things I also found you could either walk through or stick your arm into - including the terrain. (Like next to the jeep near the North Utility Shed - I was reaching under the terrain and lifting out bits of the skeleton to try and find the gun which had sunk there :P)

I visited everywhere marked on the JPDS Map in the Island Maps thread... (in fly mode - walking was too slow for me, especially after I got a couple of fatal errors while exploring). Looks pretty good. I couldn't find any sign of a trailer crash though (marked on the west side of the map)... so will that be put in later or do I need my eyes testing? :P And I couldn't find a way into the Haz Species Paddock (aside from walking all the way round it ;) )... isn't there supposed to be an opening somewhere or something?

I assume the massive cannon firing sound that plays the second time you open the level is the "exploding rock thing" Draco mentioned... I haven't had time to check out any effects of it though...

Another note - I found that Tasha would occaisionally sound like a crate hitting the ground rather than feet when walking near the start of the level... I couldn't get it to happen again but if I do I'll take a note of what and where I am. And another sound-related thing - I noticed she didn't make any huffs or grunts or other sound when jumping. :?

A question - are the subtitles that appear on top of the screen going to be recorded as voiceovers and added, too?

And finally... another question for anyone knowing the answer - are the material dummies supposed to be there? Making up the things like the hangar at the runway and those buildings up at the HRS? I ask because I know my installation of Trespasser is a wreck, with things not working left right and centre, and I wondered if it was affecting textures or something...

PS. The first Voiceover - "I am Spartacus!"... well... :o It didn't half make me jump :lol:
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Ok let me clear something the objects floating in the air are known to use.
This happens because as we edit and finalise the terrain the object because of the terrain being constantly updated lose there positions being that they our are under the terrain or high above it… this is known and will be corrected for the final version
About The models in this case as you said "objects you can walk through", that is also known since we are not concentrating on the models at this stage they are just there to let use have a idea of were they are going, that is why TrikeUatra you couldn’t find a entrance to the Haz Species Paddock because it just a Dummy model. :)
TrikeUatra
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrikeUatra »

Ahhh :D I suppose that explains all the buildings without doors... like the EA. Good to know that :)
tatu

Post by tatu »

Not a bug but a thing you have missed!
At the dam, the read should lead the the dam right? and not right down where the water should be later?

The fence insnt finish at Mickey building (1406, 2858, 142)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

tatu wrote:Not a bug but a thing you have missed!
At the dam, the read should lead the the dam right? and not right down where the water should be later?

The fence insnt finish at Mickey building (1406, 2858, 142)
If you're talking about the HRS site (muddy ground with 4 buildings, only 1 complete) then we know the fence isn't complete, it's for generally the same reason the fence around the Utility Shed is incomplete, we need to create a gate model and have no time to do so!! Please bare with us on things like that, we know a lot of locations are incomplete like that so it's not something we need to know all about because we are aware, as Mickey said. ;) Sinking terrain reports are good though.. to be honest, I'm not sure how much terrain resolution we can fix in the starting area, as at one point it became so detailed that it crashed the level upon loading! But we do want to know about sinking object areas you find especially if they are in a spot where it's important, like where that gun is. BTW, you can always turn on the "bones" cheat to see where sunken objects are. ;) :mrgreen:

Trike I think you mensioned the level crashing for you while exploring?? That is the kind of thing we need to know about!! Please do whatever you can to let me know in what areas the game crashes. I have a feeling it comes from computer specs that are not quite high enough.. in which case we might eventually establish "minimum system requirements" for JPDS.

One thing, I should note that EVERYONE must have Draw Distance slider at minimum setting or just a tiny bit to the right. Otherwise JPDS WILL crash at some point while you are playing.

One thing, I am confusing about people reporting being able to get into the Utility Shed but not out? That sounds impossible to me and I have no idea what could cause it. Please let me know more about that.. and um, maybe try a little harder to get out :P I know the door has no physics yet, just something I have not gotten around to. Also the Hazardous Species Paddock models are not dummy, they are fully designed and have physics and all that, however I only have the one model right now and eventually there will be a couple damaged versions, a working gate version, and a damaged gate version. Note that even when the gate is in place, you can't go inside until you complete the level!!!! That means getting all the way through the EA. You'll need a keycard to open it up. The damaged gate will not allow passage into the paddock.
Oh and tatu, the road next to the dam is NOT supposed to go over the dam, I don't think cars could fit on that anyway (especially not on the walkways). We intend to create a sunken bridge behind the dam, that would have allowed cars to cross the river in the past. Yes there will eventually be lots more water in JPDS, including the stream around the waterfall in the front. Those are all going to have water! Though some of it will be animated objects instead of actual water, so it doesn't crash the game.

Question, has anyone made their way to Raptor Valley yet?
TrikeUatra
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrikeUatra »

I found the raptor valley... just off the runway. If I wasn't looking at the map I probably would have walked straight by it, though :D

I have my draw distance slider at the bottom, so no worries there. I recall one of my fatal errors happened when I was on the coast near the mini island, where all the large rocks are. I was going inland, and got the crash. I wouldn't think much of my crashes until I run through JPDS with everything else on my computer off, though. When I have iTunes, Windows Media Player, AOL, and half a dozen widgets all running I'm surprised Trespasser even opens :lol:

And I did a bit more checking around the Utility Shed door (with BONES on) - What I assume is the physics box for the step up to the door is way too big - it extends from under the terrain up to the height of the door handle. To get into the shed you have to jump onto this solid invisible thingy, and walk straight through the door. Getting out is pretty much the same thing. If you jump you can go straight through the door, and you'll get out over the box, but you can't just walk through the door, because the solid box stops you. I have a few screens to expalin what I mean, so if you'd like those I can put them up.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I was in Raptor Valley yesterday!! its cool!

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

tatu wrote:I was in Raptor Valley yesterday!! its cool!
:mrgreen: Tatu can you tell me if things slowed down when raptors appeared? How was general gameplay in that area?

Trike, screens are always nice. ;) I'm at college right now, I might not even be bothered to check it once I get home, so yeah go ahead and post um. ;)
Slash_Master
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Slash_Master »

I haven't had much time to check it out, but things slow down when are many dinos, maybe cuz i'm not using the jpds engine, also the anky on the waterfall have a weird texture, i'll post a pic latter today ^^
SlashMaster's Bio-Terror
50%
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:
tatu wrote:I was in Raptor Valley yesterday!! its cool!
:mrgreen: Tatu can you tell me if things slowed down when raptors appeared? How was general gameplay in that area?
Well I was in it with the Dino cheat because I was looking for bugs and errors! Havent had time to play it after that!
A note!!
At mickeys building, when I tutched the lockers in there, one of them got crasy (not the door on it, the locker) it just disapeard and the game crased!

Slash_Master
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Slash_Master »

pic of the weird anky:

SlashMaster's Bio-Terror
50%
tatu

Post by tatu »

Slash_Master wrote:pic of the weird anky:

yeah, it got bad textures!

TrikeUatra
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrikeUatra »

Yeah... bad textures over here too :yes: Including the rex in the nest, which has a similar texture.

I'll post those screens as soon as I can, Draco... along with the HUD screens on the other thread :wink:
TrikeUatra
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrikeUatra »

Ok... I got four mini screens of it. First two show the invisible solid box in comparison with the step and the door. On the third you can see how high you are when you jump onto it, and the fourth shows it from the inside, and you can see why it blocks the door (it comes right up to the handle :o

ImageImageImageImage

I think to fix it all would need to be done is to move the solid part down to match up to the step part of the model, seems it has the same width and depth.