Tasha plot element.

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Tasha plot element.

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

One thing that has been bothering for a while now is why Tasha went to the island. It is a very dangerous expidition that only proffesinals would go on. Therefore we need Tasha to be something that would allow her to go to the Island and be useful. Maybe a wildlife biologist of predatorial animals? Or possibly she works for the military. None the less this should be adressed.

-Chris
(Well, I was once part of the JPDS team)
- ChrisLikesDinos - JurassicOutpost - JurassicForums -
http://jurassicoutpost.com/
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Good point...

But let's also not forget the reason she went there. To find her brother. I feel that a family bond is significant enough to get anyone to go to Sorna.

Also remember that her actually being on the island itself was an accident. For all we know, InGen only planned on flying her over the island for merely a quick glimpse.
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

Point is I still doubt hammond would have her go unless she had field experience, family bond or not.
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

[quote=Draconisaurus]Once Tasha found out that InGen had been making dinosaurs on the island, she again became furious that no efforts had been taken to find her brother, even when they went back. She also heard on the news that InGen's CEO had been voted out before this happened (and was now back in control of the company), and after an interview with him, she realized he was likely the kind of person who would listen to her request. She was able to get a hold of Hammond's phone number from the news network, and called him up to tell him about her brother. Not that surprising to her, Hammond had never heard of any workers being left behind on Isla Sorna, and agreed to have a company helicopter bring her and two other trained men to Site B to find out what happened to him.[/quote]

Just dug this up...

So apparently instead of one trained Tasha, it's Tasha + two trained men and a pilot. That sounds decent enough to me. She's not there for science, she's there to find out what happened to her brother. Hammond never sent mercenaries, he sent defenseless scientists to do science work. But if science work is not the main goal, then I see no reason why he wouldn't send someone not versed in science or mercenary training. Especially when he's sending two experts with this 'untrained person.'

Personally I am happy with the plot as it is now, but I'm no plot writer! So that's as much as I can contribute.
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

Its just silly, she would be an unwanted anchor tied to thier back if she had no experience. She would not benifit the team at all, just because it was her brother hammond would not send her. She needs some sort of history that would qualify her for such a mission.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

hmmm....maybe she could lie to the two trained guys that hammond sends, get's them to think she's someone special....even though she might just be an employee at the local 7-11
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Honestly if Tasha were not going, then the 2 trained men would not be sent to find him. What motivation would they have? They don't know where to look, what Daniel looks like, or even if he is a alive. Tasha would be like the purpose-driving force, probably intended to give directions while heeding the words of the trained professionals. It really is her mission, like I said w/out her they wouldn't be there. SI that's not a bad idea to have her claim she's more qualified than she is.... I wasn't liking it when I first read it but u know, Tasha is wearing this camo outfit. Maybe she's pretending like she knows what she's doing, as part of her spiel to get Hammond to let her go. Not that she would have neccessarily needed to do that, Hammond being a nice guy and all, but she didn't really know Hammond like we do heh so she might do that to gain their confidence in the mission, then just kinda let the professionals do their work while all she really does is keep her eye out. The reason I like this is because it's actually a rather good plot element, she claims to be who she's not, though not with ill intension really, and now with her life on the line she has to become that person she said she was in a sence. Good Idea!!!! :D
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

well let's look at it like this...Hammond hears there are still people there (and maybe you could change the Hammond element and maybe the Costa Rican Government sends some men in) either way the men are sent in to determine whether the reports of people on the island are true I guess....see thier mission isn't to find Tasha's brother, but she lies to the two men, because they have no knowledge of her, and she's able to hitch a ride with.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ehh that idea has merit but seems way too common to me. Honestly I have had about enough of Costa Rican helicopters and government men going to the island, I really want to stay away from that in JPDS heh. Anyways we're already set on using the JP InGen helicopter for the intro scene, and my idea is that only Hammond would approve of such a mission; InGen front-workers and gov'ts are all like "you should accept the fact that he's dead" etc. (like in JP///). So yeah this has to be an InGen op, really...
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

ok well as long as were settled that hammond just doesnt let her go along with no reason.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

well what I was meaning is that the govt is sending in men because there shouldn't be people on the island....

but wait...when does this take place....in the timeline????