Website (Purchased)

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Website (Purchased)

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Just curious... I thought I heard mention of a website for JPDS? Would help since this project will be going along for a while if all goes according to plan.

We could have dev. journals and the like. Hm..
Last edited by MikeTheRaptor on Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hm...

Tom? :)
You did say your job on JPDS was like that of Madppiper's. 8)
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Some general info with regard to the website:

We seem to be considering registering our own domain name for a very small yearly fee.

I will look into getting our material hosted personally. I'm also studying up on "PHP" and "MySQL" databases, which combined could make the ultimate interactive website.

The ultimate goal here is to make the potential JPDS website interesting and worth visiting. I'd love for people to be able to register similar to the way in which they do here, but our user-specific stuff will go beyond a simple forum. It'd be great to set something up that recognizes who the Administrators are and who the members are, and distributes certain information based on that.

With your help, we can have interesting and frequently updated "Developer Journals" that each team member can update via logging in under their own account. Our own, detailed, fun website is a major chance for us to stand out even more around here. Assuming it doesn't cost us much, and we're all willing to do our part, it should work to everyones benefit.

And I'm sorry to say it but it has been way too quiet around here lately. Not to mention Tom has vanished without a trace...

Regardless, all your comments and suggestions make a difference here so lets get the ball rolling!
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

The domain name has been purchased.

We have free hosting thanks to a "connection" of mine, but the site itself costs a certain amount of money per year.

Regardless TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wherereyou!!!!!!!!!!! or Draco will create a temporary teaser for the mainpage while the site itself gets worked on.

UPDATE: Link to site JPDarkSecrets.com (Note that nothing is there right now, so it won't load up)
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

JPDarkSecrets.com is now online. For now its got Tom's original Logo on display, later tonight it will have a new graphic by Draco.

JPDS IS NOW COSTING $$$ - SO BE ACTIVE PLEASE!!
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

MikeTheRaptor wrote:JPDarkSecrets.com is now online. For now its got Tom's original Logo on display, later tonight it will have a new graphic by Draco.

JPDS IS NOW COSTING $$$ - SO BE ACTIVE PLEASE!!
I will tray to be as active as possible! :)
I can also help with the site design example Tresgame :)
feel free to ask :)
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

JPDS website is pretty much in a developmental halt until the website graphics are ready. I'm generally confident enough with the website coding I know now to be able to make a non-interactive (HTML only, no PHP thus no registration or membership) website.

Things are going faster than expected for the most part :D