HRS - Short scene idea

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

HRS - Short scene idea

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

I appologize for my use of grammar here - clearly it's not in your typical story-format, but I wrote it pretty hastily during an IM convo with Draco and thought I'd share it. In it, a member of the Rouge Faction is going to the abandoned Security building at the Hillside Research Station (an incomplete facility including 4 buildings, none of which have been in use since ingen left). Although the Security building is no longer in use, it still houses important computer systems that help run the island. It is raining and at night and the protagonist has to go to the Security Building at the HRS for something. Check the latest map for a more detailed idea of the setting.

He drives up the unlit slanted dam road
And once he passes that, all evidence of man is gone for a few minutes

As he drives through pure jungle terrain all the way up to where the road splits
right turn towards the HRS and he hits the dillapidated chain link fence barely visible between all the vines

its all muddy when he steps out of the jeep - a flash of lightning illuminates the abandoned facility

he wants to rush into the building to avoid the rain, but he's cautious - something's holding him back

he's done this dozens of times before, but he'll never get used to it
the light from the jeep's headlights only dimly illuminate front of the
security building

the building was nearly 20 years old now - with its own detailed history of occurances... it was sort of ironic looking at the letters "S E C U R I T Y" in bold above the door - he felt anything but secure here

hastily he took the keys from his pocket - they felt cold in his slippery white hands
in his frantic search for the correct key, he dropped them altogether with a metallic clang

desperately he picked up the keys and jammed the one he'd been searching for into the keyhole
something was behind him! he needed to get inside!

finally, slamming the heavy door shut he was safe
his heartrate slowed and his eyes adjusted to the darkness

maybe there was nothing out there after all...
he didnt care - his main objective was to get what needed to be done done

he'd be back with the others soon.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

That sounds really nice Mike, hope you continue it somtime. :) Hopefully we can use at least some elements from that in a good cutscene. :yes: The HRS certainly is developing a rather extensive history for itself... heh and to think it all started with a 2-second idea and 3 words on a map. :D