Unfinished Hotel / Construction Site

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Unfinished Hotel / Construction Site

Post by Draconisaurus »

K I'm making an official thread for the Unfinished Hotel and the surrounding construction area. There aren't really any visual concepts thus far for it, though the intent of the construction area is generally to recreate the "industrial" elements that are moreover missing from the "Industrial Jungle" level, and improving on it. So far mostly I have just been importing construction models and objects from Tres to the location near the site of the Hotel, here are a few ingame screens:

In the first image, some terrain specifics were still being worked out and I got the terrain object to render better in the other one. Also I pretty much fixed the height of the objects in the area so they weren't burried.

That's it so far, more updates on this soon, as I'm currently working on it a lot. Next I'm planning to bring in some terrain objects, which should spice it up a bit. :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well the construction area has been worked on a little since this thread was made but it's not much to see, mostly a new terrain object and some more construction objects like crates and the trailer.
I've begun work on the actual Hotel finally!! YAY!!!!! Here is my beginning concept for the Hotel:

Not a whole lot to see but this is way beyond my virtually non-idea of what it should look like. I bascially wanted it to remind you of the Visitors Center from JP when you look at it. So now I have the basic shape down and even some nice textures on it for now. I hope to have more on this model soon! :yes:

In the meantime, comments and suggestions greatly appreciated. :)
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I don't remember exactly, but on the billboard in the beach level, isn't there a picture of a hotel on it? If so maybe you could take some ideas from that....

I remember the idea of having the hotel be on a small cliff next to a waterfall that goes down into a small lake at the base of the cliff.....also...I have a couple ideas if you use that waterfall idea....
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Make me wanna do a level for you people :cry:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Second Illiteration wrote:I don't remember exactly, but on the billboard in the beach level, isn't there a picture of a hotel on it? If so maybe you could take some ideas from that....
Yup that was actually the main inspiration for making the Unfinished Hotel. In Tres all we got was a few foundations and stuff scattered on the shore; the picture on the billboard always made me wish I could see the finished or near finished product ingame.
ImageImage
Second Illiteration wrote:I remember the idea of having the hotel be on a small cliff next to a waterfall that goes down into a small lake at the base of the cliff.....also...I have a couple ideas if you use that waterfall idea....
You brought this up before, IIRC it's in the concept artwork thread somewhere where you posted a TresEd concept for that waterfall. It's a nice idea but there really isn't any kind of water source on that side of the island (and it is in fact next to the ocean itself). One thing there may actually be is a drainage pipe (part of an extensive system of pipes we are considering for the level) that comes out the side of the cliff near the hotel, which may actually have some water coming out of it, or may not, that's the closest thing we'd get to a waterfall in this area.

Mickey, I'd love to get you a copy of the level files as they currently stand so you can see what we've got and get an idea of stuff that we need to work on. Mike has msn messenger and I've suggested to him that he send you the level files through msn when you're both online. Mike actually doesn't have the very latest but hopefully I'll be around when it happens so I can send him the latest I've got. :)