"The InGen Express"

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

"The InGen Express"

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

After looking at an old concept image with a railroad in it, Draco suggested we set up a small railroad system in Level 3. Seeing that Level 3 contains a dock and various facilities where transportation is vital, the train does make sense logicallly.

So far we have ideas for several train cars including (at least): 2 Lead Engine Cars, 2 Cargo Cars, 1 Chemical Transport Car, at least 1 Dinosaur Transport Car, and at least 1 Passenger Car.

Total: 7 Train Cars minimum

I thought it'd be cool to have the player follow the tracks in one direction until they hit either a Train Station or the Wreck itself.

The track does not loop around, hence the need for two Lead Engine Cars. When the train reaches one stop, it returns back to the other station on the same track in just rode in on.

As usual, suggestions and comments would be great :D
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

the train could end where a big tree has fallen blocking the path...and two tyranosaurs could attack the train, or two spinosaurs or something....

anyway I had a similar idea in a story I was writing...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Second Illiteration wrote:the train could end where a big tree has fallen blocking the path...and two tyranosaurs could attack the train, or two spinosaurs or something....
(only 1 Spino in JPDS, appears twice)
What exactly you mean the train could "end"? Also I'm not sure if I understand what you're sayin correctly but it's very hard to "block the path" in JPDS due to the comprehensive environment element. As for where the track ends, I'm thinking one end would be at the concrete barrier at the start of the level, and the other would be at River Dock 1. Though, if you look at their locations on the map, this could actually open up the possibility of a complete circuit for the train. Also it would mean that the track crosses right over the main road, allowing us to duplicate that scene from the Tres concept art. :D As for a tree fallen on the train itself, and T-Rexes nearby, that sounds great!! I always like to use set paths like that to lead the player straight into trouble :lol:
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

I think SI means the tree is blocking the train's path and by 'ending,' he means it is located there (by the tree).

I like the idea with the dinos, though I also want the player to get the sense (at least when he first reaches the area) that he is alone there. Sort of an eerie silence near a train, which normally would make such a loud noise. The train is sort of like inGen itself, big and powerful in it's day, but now it is dead and silent.

Maybe after the player has explored the train a bit and set off a trigger, the dino(s) can show up.

Music-wise I'd planned for this to be silent, gloomy, but also with a sense of wonder - nothing close to the action stuff you'd hear with two rexes popping out. Once again, though, definately pro-rex attack, just need to work out something where the rexes don't show up right away.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm yeah that sounds good, the quietness idea near the train seems good when I think about it. So yeah maybe... heh that'd be funny if you move something that makes a big piece of iron clank, and the Rex(es) come upon hearing the loud noise that breaks the silence, hehe
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

That's actually a really good idea! Now what makes a loud noise... a train car tipping over? Hmm... maybe the train horn thing?
JPXTom
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by JPXTom »

Wow that would be awesome, I liek 2 rex Idea..Hopefully we can work on animationsd, make up look really cool as they destroy the train, or attack it..
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Um, well quite honestly I don't think we'll be animating dinosaurs like that with this game. Certainly not for something as simple as rexes attacking you at a train. Also if we REALLY wanted them to attack the train, it'd be a simple matter to make the rexes think the train is food, so they would bite it and toss it around with their mouthes. That's not such a bad idea right there, actually... :)
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Draconisaurus wrote:That's not such a bad idea right there, actually... :)
Agreed :D
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

*creepy music plays as I come out of no where.*

This sounds good, maybe I can make some concept artwork.
(Well, I was once part of the JPDS team)
- ChrisLikesDinos - JurassicOutpost - JurassicForums -
http://jurassicoutpost.com/