Official Cutscene Idea Thread (Version 0.31a)

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Official Cutscene Idea Thread (Version 0.31a)

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Don't mind my (once again) boredom inspired thread title. This is basically "home base" for cutscene ideas. Let's get this thing goin'!

Through the use of cutscenes, it is now possible to look back on the Rouge Faction before they were wiped out. It is also possible to look back on the early days of our favorite villians, the dinosaurs.

Several ideas (sparked in conversation between Draco and I) involve flashbacks depicting the Spino in the observation tank thing and blurry images of researches well... researching.

"Introduction: Helicopter Crash"
This cutscene depicts the helictoper crashed onto the hillside. A spinosaurs in the distance notices the ball of flames and smoke, and is thereby introduced as an enemy "somewhere in jungle" that could pop out at any moment.
Comments: Draco could explain this better, it was his idea.
Credit: Draco

"Rough Beginnings"
This cutscene, as mentioned above, would show baby spinosaurus in the tank, floatin' around. What becomes obvious to the player is the infamous scar, bringing players back to the introduction sequence.
Credit: Draco

"Observation"
This cutscene shows the scarred baby spinosaurus on an observation table surrounded by blurry researches in lab coats, taking notes and whispering inaudibly to eachother.
Credit: Draco, Mike (me! :D )

"Peek-a-Boo!"
This cutscene (intended for the Hillside Research Station) introduces the player to what is likely to be the first working dinosaur seen indoors. It will fill the player in on what is happening and build tension for the dinosaur which the player releases inside (see HRS posts for details on storyline).
Credit: Mike (me! :D )

"Mike's Ending"
This is my version of the ending cutscene which I'll explain in detail later on.

Some quick things to take note of...
Flashback scenes may be grainy in color and blurred to certain extent (both because it fits the mood of the scene and lets us get away with low-rez characters :) )

All ideas (obviously) are subject to change.

Some ideas are not mine (i.e. they belong to Draco) and I, therefor, cannot explain them the way in which they are meant to be. I'll leave it to you, Draco, to post more accurate versions of you own ideas, so I don't screw them up :)

And that's it! For organizational purposes, try and keep any solid ideas which you really wish to include organized like the ones up top so they're easy to find when searced for!

And it's really late over here, I've got school tomorrow and will only get five and a half hours of sleep now so I'll complete some stuff here tomorrow. :mrgreen:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Alrighty then, Mike and I were discussing some new cutscene ideas tonight so I thought I'd post a few of um while they're fresh.

"Brother Spino"
Not sure exactly how the scene will go but it introduces the fact of Spino having a brother, same size as he is, and they are sitting either next to eachother or in cages that are next to eachother, maybe looking at eachother or something. Also there may be scientists in the area. One possibility is that Spino, which we've already been introduced to and seen in cutscenes that have played by now, is sitting alone in his cage when a scientist comes in and puts this other Spino in the cage next to him, and somehow there is a sign of recognition between them, and how they both don't like the scientists very much or what they do to them.
Credit: Draco (me! :D)

"Taken Away"
Spino and his unfortunate brother are hunting in a forested area of the Haz Spec Padd when jeeps pull up out of nowhere surrounding them - tranquilizers put spino down -------- camera shows spino's eye as its head rests on the ground, perhaps with a reflection of whats going on to his brother, who is putting up a fight - then cut to spino's POV, blurred and hazy due to tranquilization -- we see spinobro get hit with transquilizers and collapse onto the ground - indistinct men run around spino and spinobro until spino finally blacks out and the cutscene ends.
Credit: Mike

(some more cutscenes)

"JPDS Introduction"
Starts out with some cool as-yet-undevised way of introducing the JP Dark Secrets logo, probably revealing it from shadow or something, and maybe fading back into shadow. Then we fade into scenes of high winds from a hurricane, maybe ravaging tropical looking trees or something (this could be a scene from TV if we can manage, maybe there is something like this in stalk photage on the net... maybe I can record a small vid clip of some stuff on the weather channel with my digicam, lol. Otherwise we can just have a series of still photos, or a combination. Also there are blowing hurricane sounds). A few seconds into this, overlayed text on the bottom of the screen describes the scene as "Hurricane Clarissa at Site B InGen Research Facility, (month?day?) 1993". This stays for a few seconds then disappears. The hurricane photage keeps going. More text on the bottom: "Damage to facilites: Severe". The photage changes to Max-rendered scenes of the damaged Worker Village and maybe the EA (blowing sound gone, maybe dripping water sounds if they work right). More text: "Immediate Evacuation of Isla Sorna, by order of John Hammond, effective (month,next-day) at 0800". Replaced by more: "Only high-value property to be salvaged". "Remaining animals to be let loose on island, low life expectancy". "InGen personnel unaccounted for: CLASSIFIED". The ruined InGen facility scene fades into black, and silence (maybe one drop after screen becomes black). Not sure how to handle this next scene visually. It's a telephone convorsation between Tasha, who's is being introduced to us here, and an InGen operator. It goes like this:
"Hi, thank you for holding. My name is Sharen, thank you for calling InGen Customer Service. How may I help you?"
"Hi, thanks I'm calling to find out about an employee named Daniel Carter, who's worked there for six years. We haven't heard from him in over a month and we've been worried since we heard a hurricane hit over in Costa Rica back in (last month). Could you tell me where he is now or where he was last seen at your company?"
"Daniel... Carter? And you say you're family?"
"...yes, I'm family. My name's Tasha. Tasha Carter. I'm calling to find out where the hell he is. Please."
"Alright mam, let me see... I have his file here in the InGen Net database, it seems he worked at Site B."
"Yeah that sounds right, I think that's what he called it. Wasn't allowed to tell us where it was though."
"Yes well I'm afraid Site B was closed down last month after the hurricane."
"Yeah, OK thanks. So where'd he go after that?"
"..."
"Hello?"
"I'm afraid we're not allowed to reveal information about company employees to the public."
"What? Excuse me?! You already told me he worked at Site B. That's information. Can't you just tell me where he works now, or if he doesn't work for you anymore?"
"I'm sorry mam but I can't tell you anything."
"...OK let me say this again. He's my brother, and no one knows where he is. The last place he was at was at his workplace somewhere in Costa Rica at your fucking Site B. You're going to tell me where he is, and you're going to tell me--"
<click>
"Hello? HELLO?!!! Agh, son of a bitch!!"
<click!>
One idea I have for a visual during this convorsation is the computer screen infront of the operator. Starting out as mostly blank, it shows Daniel's profile when Sharen brings it up while talking to Tasha. Then right before the operator pauses, the screen comes up with the CLASSIFIED thing ontop of the information. After a few seconds Daniel's profile is closed, and the monitor goes away right before the <click> into black. After the last <click!> the screen is completely black again (ahh there we go, maybe there can be a blank ring tone after the operator hangs up, then it goes silent when Tasha hangs up).
At the bottom of the screen is the text: "(month,day) 1997, John Hammond is voted out as InGen's CEO, replaced by nephew Peter Ludlow". A scene maybe, or photo still, of Peter Ludlow infront of the Board of Directors is displayed. Text disappears, image fades. New images, of hunter vehicles (from TLW) on Site B. "(month,day), InGen team returns to Isla Sorna to reaquire lost property". "One tyrannosaur specimen retrieved and shipped to InGen Waterfront Complex, San Diego". Image displays of Rex in the cage thing they transport it in. "Tyrannosaur escapes, incident in San Diego reveals existance of dinosaurs and InGen's dinosaur island to public". Images of Rex in San Diego... "Peter Ludlow dies in accident; John Hammond reinstated as CEO of InGen Technologies". Next I want to have a scene that shows Hammond's interview at the end of TLW, and it will seem like Tasha is watching it.
(to be continued.... when I get a chance)

"Pre-level 1: Helicopter Crash"
(to be written, after intro is finished)
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Cool cutscene ideas! Are they going to be computer animated?
ImageImage
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hell yes. :) Though for example.. for storm footage... I'm going to try to get actual storm footage, and there may be some other clips from the movies as well. For some scenes, I may end up using some stuff that was recorded ingame, if it works out. I'm thinking particularly that the FollowDino cheat may help. :)
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Ahh, like a collage. Machinma, footage, and CGI all in one! Excellent! :mrgreen:
ImageImage
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

:lol: That dialogue is rather corny.... :) Maybe you should let me get a stab at it...

Ingen Customer Service.... :lol:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha SI, you just now read it? :yum: Or maybe forgot about it... anyways feel free to post your own version! :)
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Draconisaurus wrote:It's a telephone convorsation between Tasha, who's is being introduced to us here, and an InGen operator. It goes like this:
"Hi, thank you for holding. My name is Sharen, thank you for calling InGen Customer Service. How may I help you?"
"Hi, thanks I'm calling to find out about an employee named Daniel Carter, who's worked there for six years. We haven't heard from him in over a month and we've been worried since we heard a hurricane hit over in Costa Rica back in (last month). Could you tell me where he is now or where he was last seen at your company?"
"Daniel... Carter? And you say you're family?"
"...yes, I'm family. My name's Tasha. Tasha Carter. I'm calling to find out where the hell he is. Please."
"Alright mam, let me see... I have his file here in the InGen Net database, it seems he worked at Site B."
"Yeah that sounds right, I think that's what he called it. Wasn't allowed to tell us where it was though."
"Yes well I'm afraid Site B was closed down last month after the hurricane."
"Yeah, OK thanks. So where'd he go after that?"
"..."
"Hello?"
"I'm afraid we're not allowed to reveal information about company employees to the public."
"What? Excuse me?! You already told me he worked at Site B. That's information. Can't you just tell me where he works now, or if he doesn't work for you anymore?"
"I'm sorry mam but I can't tell you anything."
"...OK let me say this again. He's my brother, and no one knows where he is. The last place he was at was at his workplace somewhere in Costa Rica at your fucking Site B. You're going to tell me where he is, and you're going to tell me--"
<click>
"Hello? HELLO?!!! Agh, son of a bitch!!"
<click!>
One idea I have for a visual during this convorsation is the computer screen infront of the operator. Starting out as mostly blank, it shows Daniel's profile when Sharen brings it up while talking to Tasha. Then right before the operator pauses, the screen comes up with the CLASSIFIED thing ontop of the information. After a few seconds Daniel's profile is closed, and the monitor goes away right before the <click> into black. After the last <click!> the screen is completely black again (ahh there we go, maybe there can be a blank ring tone after the operator hangs up, then it goes silent when Tasha hangs up).

Well let me ask you this...what if she didn't know he worked for Ingen. I forget certain parts of the story but he works for the bad guys doesn't he...what I mean is he stays on the island after the hurricane. I would propose that Tasha and Daniel didn't have the best relationship and weren't on the best terms with each other, so the fact that she hasn't spoken to him in years is nothing out of the ordinary. So she doesn't know exactly where he is but through short convos over the years she knows he's somewhere out of the country, somewhere around Costa Rica. Anyway so the story starts with a call from Daniel, who sounds frantic etc, and this leads Tasha to find him.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmmm.... actually, this is a very good time to post another section of the story that I've written up. I developed the relations between Daniel and Tasha rather well, we'll discuss this further after you've seen that. I'll post it in just a minute..