Scripted Animations

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Scripted Animations

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Just thought I'd let you guys know...

I read over at the TCOps Private Forum that Rebel has finally discovered what caused problems when saving levels using scripted animations (ie. TC-ISLE),

As you may have heard, Trespasser seemed not to record in save files whether or not an animation had been triggered and played already. Therefor, when starting the level again, all scripted animations are reset. Hence, save games were disabled in the beta of TC-ISLE.

After doing some research and heavy testing, Rebel discovered that this happens for very specific and easy to work around reasons, which include (not exclusively) connecting more than one trigger to an animation.

This is good news, as it means we can have scripted animations similar to TC-Isle's (Venture ceiling cave in, Venture gears, lighthouse light, sniper rifle, ect.).

Seeing as these scripted animations are brand new, we'll have to figure out for ourselves what we can and can't do.

I see no reason why a helicopter couldn't fly over head, or even onto the ground allowing the player to climb inside and set off and endgame trigger. Again, Draco and I (3D Studio MAX being required for such animations) will have to look into this ourselves, but I think it can be considered a relief of some slight restraint you may have been holding when coming up with story ideas.

So again, keep this in mind when adding to the plot and we'll see we're this takes us, assuming you're all intested, of course :D
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hey this is great news Mike!! Now we'll never have to worry about no savegames!! That is quite a relief indeed. Honestly though, I wasn't gonna let that restrain my ideas for the story ;).
OK here are some primary animations I can think of right now:
  • Flying Pterandons
  • Gates opening? (not sure if that needs animation or not)
  • Maybe Spino pushing a car over a leadge
  • Falling walkways and such in the Aviary (need animation?)
  • Boat!! We need to figure out how the JP/// boat will go down the river! I have some ideas for it, like you need fuel, so you have to go to shore to get some and come back periodically
  • BioSyn helicopter flying overhead
  • Final boat leaving, near end of game
Those are just some main ones I came up with. Course there are others, but yeah we should focus on a few of those to begin with I think. Of course that's flexible...
But yeah let's use this thread to discuss animations we plan to do... BTW Mike how do we get keyframed animations into Tres exactly?
JPXTom
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by JPXTom »

Wow, thgat would be sweet if we got those. Especally the boat, it would be nice to incorperate some vehicles.
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

This is great news,cant wait to see what we can pull off!

Btw I didnt know we had a spy. :P
(Well, I was once part of the JPDS team)
- ChrisLikesDinos - JurassicOutpost - JurassicForums -
http://jurassicoutpost.com/
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

DemonCarnotaur wrote:This is great news,cant wait to see what we can pull off!

Btw I didnt know we had a spy. :P

:lol: A spy lol. I've been a member since the beginning, it's only right that I got to join TCOps :P

Besides, it's not that big of a secret... and I'm sure Madppiper can come in our forum whenever he wants, being TresCom President.
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

Come on, admit, how much is draco paying you? :lol:
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

A spy lol. I've been a member since the beginning, it's only right that I got to join TCOps.

Besides, it's not that big of a secret... and I'm sure Madppiper can come in our forum whenever he wants, being TresCom President.
And then there's also the 'Uber-Administrator'. :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Remdul wrote:And then there's also the 'Uber-Administrator'. :wink:
LOL! More spys! We're being overrun!!! :lol: Sound the alarm! Deploy the megaraptors!!
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

Remdul wrote:

And then there's also the 'Uber-Administrator'. :wink:
Their watching...

Its a conspiericy, I tell you

RUN!