Ridge Facility Usage Idea

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Ridge Facility Usage Idea

Post by Second Illiteration »

/:Code/RUNTIME-error.d4/

Post Return Unavailable

<9/124-3>
Last edited by Second Illiteration on Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

The spinosaurus and carnotaurus were created by the rouge faction with out hammonds knowledge...maybe just the spino, im not sure. As for the feathered raptors, that could work, there are theories how they came about though, we thought maybe the rouge faction enhanced the raptors making them evolve and adapt faster for BioSyn. Also keep in mind the EA is were all of the dinosaur cloning was done, this is located in a sort of valley, see images from JP/// and of course the work Draco has done.
(Well, I was once part of the JPDS team)
- ChrisLikesDinos - JurassicOutpost - JurassicForums -
http://jurassicoutpost.com/
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

well see my idea was that cloning was began in the ridge facility but once hammond decided to put the park on nublar, he built a better suited facility (the EA)
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

Ok, you will have to talk to draco bout it.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Second Illiteration wrote:well see my idea was that cloning was began in the ridge facility but once hammond decided to put the park on nublar, he built a better suited facility (the EA)
That's not such a bad idea, it could be sort of like the place where they did things before, though there are some things to work out in that such as what was the place used for after the EA came around. But Chris is right, the other stuff doesn't so much go with this plot. The Hammond from the books is a very different man, a sort of "dark Walt Disney", who wouldn't have thought twice before skrewing around with the dino's DNA, in fact he did in many ways. The Hammond from the movies is a compasionate man with a great vision, who in the end cares more about people than money or fame, though sometimes it takes him a little while to realize this. But he would never do anything like changing the dinos to be publically suitable or keeping a dinosaur from the park because it hadn't been discovered yet. On that note, Chirs isn't quite right the Rogue Faction didn't breed the first Carnotaurus, it was bred legitimately for the Park but when Hammond found out what it was really like, he banned further cloning of the species and prohibited the specimen from being displayed at the Park. Afterwords, the Rogue Faction bred more Carnos, possibly even "improving" them, so in this way Chris is right the vast majority of Carnos on the island were born after InGen officially left.

This brings to mind that some of the plot may make a bit more sence after reading a fanfic I began (which I'll complete over the summer) that I wrote back when the Rogue Faction was just a stray idea. Some of it is now a bit off from what my current ideas are, like some of the details on Hammond's involvement on Isla Sorna, however most of it is still relevent and based in the same reality I created the Rogue Faction for. Take a look!
http://dinodan.proboards2.com/index.cgi ... 1093831803
(note: you'll need to register with the JPtoys forum if you haven't already to view it).
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Draconisaurus wrote: The Hammond from the books is a very different man, a sort of "dark Walt Disney", who wouldn't have thought twice before skrewing around with the dino's DNA,

that's not really the truth...in the book there's a whole arguement where wu wants to make the dinosaurs slower and colored differently or whatever, to make them more "realistic" and "believable"
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

Yes, but in the book he is led out to be a darker and more greedy person.
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Alright, I'm pretty sure Draco has named me head of the Hillside Facility's Development and so I'm going to put a few of my ideas down here for you guys to look at. Of course, I will try to follow up with some pencil or 3D Concepts.

________

Ok, so you come upon the Hillside Facility. It seems innocent enough. Nothing more than a small builing or two built up against tall, rockey ridge.

Inside the buildings there isn't much to see, either. Maybe a document and a gun just to make it worth exploring. The document should hint at the Hillside facility's true colors. Small references as to what it was for and something to point the player's into the direction of the darker, larger facility built into the ridge itself. Somewhere in the building is the entrance into the facility.

The entrance will probably be a large metallic door with a computer built into a well nearby and it'll be open when the player first finds.

Should the player decide to go in (why not? Is it because cold, dark, deserted underground facilities with swaying lights are never a good thing for the 'hero'?), they'll be greeted by the sound of some dripping water, maybe a pipe steaming somewhere deep inside its halls.

As the player continues moving in the entrance hallway, some computer beeps and the sound of the door closing should catch their attention. Hopefully, this gives them the impression there are other people. Furthermore, that they might not be alone in this dark place in which they're now stuck.

Hopefully, through the use of animation or clever scripting we can make the lights sway a bit for the mood. Triggers can also change the fog settings to better match this environment, increasing them or decreasing them when and where needed.

So far two seperate rooms are definately going to be included, and you really can't have one without the other. The first is the Armory, which is for the most part missing its contents with the exception of one weapon with an unusually gracious amount of ammo. In most games, you would assume the gun is there for prepare you for something, but Trespasser players have a feeling of safety in doors which will be proven false accross the hallway in the Holding Pens.

For reasons yet to be determined, Velociraptor (or other similar sized dinosaurs) were kept in this room. When the player gets there, they will find all but one of the large holding pen doors either destroyed or left wide open. Inside, maybe some hay and dirt are strewn about the open rooms. Outside is observation equipment and on one end of the room, a computer console used to control the doors. The room is unusually large.

The player approaching the active computers cannot resist the urge to press the big red button, and releases the lock on the holding pen previously closed, allowing one angry and very hungry raptor free from its confines.

The room, being large enough to support movement for this dinosaur, won't cause any problems with going through the walls. We can easily place "AI Boxes" to keep the dinosaur from even going near the walls.

The observation equipment, based off of Isla Nublar's motion sensors (which were sophisticated enough to both count and identify dinosaurs on the island) detect a rampant velociraptor and lock the door you just used to get in. Until you kill it, the door will remain locked.

Once the confrontation is over and the raptor is dead, you can now explore the ol' raptor's holding pen. Inside, The Real Unlucky Bastard lies dead, nothing more than skeletal remains. And what's that in his hand? A card you say? Visa? American Express? No, Johnny. It's your key to safety! Congratulations. Do not pass go. Use this card and procceed to the nearest exit. Your underground hillside facility adventure is over!

________

And uhh... thats that! Let me know what ya think. Hopefully, through scripting, that can all be done word for word.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sounds pretty good Mike!!! Once we design the layout of this place it'll be even cooler. Since this is in level 1 I think it'll be a great way for us to find out how far we can really go with dinos in buildings, as I'd like to have some of that in other places including the EA.
As for the purpose of the Hillside Reasearch Station, I've been thinking and I think the idea of it being the old place where they first started the experiments before they had the EA is pretty good. I'm not set on it but if you could work that element into this little storyline, that'd be great! :yes: