Hillside Research Station Facility *update August 9*

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

*laughs at Spanglish folder name he made as an inside joke to himself, that is now up for the whole JPDS team to see*

Thanks for the updating the thread anyways, Draco :D
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

LOL didn't even see that :lol:
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

That looks great! :o

In a way I kinda feel sick to my stomach since so much has been done while I have been gone..really I feel sick

Lol but that means that some great stuff has been done so its a good thing. :P
(Well, I was once part of the JPDS team)
- ChrisLikesDinos - JurassicOutpost - JurassicForums -
http://jurassicoutpost.com/
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Short story behind the Hillside Research Station...

In the early 80's, before InGen had perfected its dinosaur cloning techniques, it purchased Isla Sorna and constructed the Hillside Research Station. There, InGen researches could run tests in privacy and security. A small group of gaurds protected them, an adminstration building welcomed guests and housed business related activity, a lab provided the most advanced equipment, and a living area gave them comfort and a new home.

One day in the mid to late 80's, everyone stationed there crowded around a single screen in the lab. Hammond's idea worked, and the first dinosaur clone was on its way to birth. Suddenly it hit Hammond and those around him that a group of 10 or so security gaurds would not be sufficient defense againsnt velociraptors and tyrannosaurus'.

Construction on the Embryonics Administration Facility began immediatly and JPAC (Jurassic Park Animal Control) was formed shortly thereafter. When an accident cost the life of construction worker involving one of the dinosaurs, the Hillside Research Station was closed permanently.

Employees were relocated to the new lab facilities at the EA, JPAC facilities which dotted the island, and the town to the South.

Although the bulk of the facility would remain closed for almost 15 years, it was revisited occasionally by maintenance personnel and members of the Rouge Faction.

It will be one of the first place Tasha (the player) will find should they decide to go left, and then survive the various obstacles which await them en route to the facility.

Potential Routes:

The High Pass - The powerlines lead in this direction. It completely bypasses the dangers of the Raptor Valley Route, although some players may fall into the trap that is the Shortcut Route

The Raptor Valley - The Raptor Valley is a desolate, rocky valley dominated by blue velociraptor. It is litterred with the remains of those who made the mistake of travelling in that direction. It ends at a road which, should the player follow it left, leads to the HRS.

The Shortcut - This path branches out from the High Pass Route. It is in a way, an extension of the Raptor Valley. The raptors here are apparently very territorial, as they will surround the player should they head in this direction. Assuming this attack is survived, the Shortcut Route will end in a small forrested area inhabited by a T-Rex. Continuing beyond here will lead to the HRS road.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

ha....I still think the rogue faction is lame....anyway...not saying anything bad...

however....

In my personal opinion, rocky valleys suck....in the retail version, the raptor valley was my LEAST favorite part of the game....(as well as some of the very last levels) because of lack of trees and such...I would really like to see lush jungles more than rocky valleys...just my opinion
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lol don't worry there are way more jungles in JPDS than we'll ever need heh, also I plan to enrich the environment of RapValley with a dozen diff. types of rocks aswell as tons of dino bones; Tres hardly used any of the dino bone models they kept in the basement, I'm gonna use all of um. 8) Though one thing, there are light-colored variations on many of the bones. There are 2 bones actually that only exist in this white color (neither of which are in the retail) though some of these whiter bones are used ingame, so I'll have to see, I didn't include them in the initial cloning of the bone-basement section. Also there are TONS of human bones, crates, yellow-crates, and InGen vehicles all over in it to give more flavor and danger-feeling (<-something I think the Tres "raptor nest" valley was lacking).
Also just to clarify, the reason you've seen work on something like the RapValley and not jungle type locations is because of the whole terrain in flux thing; we can't really build jungle locations until the terrain is finalized, cause an edit anywhere on the map can potentially change the height of the WHOLE map. So yeah hopefully we can do that soon...
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

oh I figured there would be lots of jungles....maybe as just a suggestion...put a few big trees in, to block out sunlight, maybe make the valley darker...throw in some spots of thick ground plants....

I think that would be cool.....
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

That's basically the plan SI, rocky areas don't really have much of a role at all in this level. There just happens to be one.
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

[---] July 27th Update [---]

I've just finished a 3D conceptual layout of the next building on the list up for modelling, the Hillside Research Station Living Quarters.

It'll have 3 dorm rooms on the first floor, with 4 bunkbeds each, and on the second floor are the "Presidential Suites," with rooms for Hammond and other InGen bigshots.

A small building attached via walkway will house, on the first floor men's and women's restrooms / showers and a storage room on one side. The contents of the second floor of this small building are currently being 'disputed.' If you have an ideas, make them known o_o

Here are some pics...

The Front View...

The Back View (with "substitute boxes, dumpster, and barrels!")...

Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

cool
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

The Hillside Research Station Living Quarters, WIP render:

As you can see, it's still heavily in development, but I can explain the layout to you.

1. The first floor dorms of the large building house up to 24 of the "less-important" InGen workers.

2. The second floor dorms of the large building are actually "Presidential Suites," which used to house the InGen higher-ups. The right most one was Hammond's. It has the best view and one extra window. The middle and left most are Wu's and someone else's who has yet to be named...

3. The first floor of the smaller building houses 2 restrooms, men's and woman's, complete with showers and toilets. It also houses a laundry room and storage room.

4. The second floor of the smaller building contains two more individual dorms, perhaps for important InGen scientists, and the middle room a Rec-Room or Recreational Room.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lookin good Mike. 8)
You get to model the pool table for the Rec Room :P (I'll supply the textures ;))