Dimetrodon

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Dimetrodon

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

One of the more intresting dinosaurs we are planning to make is the dimitrodon, a four leged carnivore. This dinosaur may have already been planned for trespasser but never made it into production, the reason I think this is when you win the demo and it gives you that in stores now there is iamge if a dimtrodon on each side of the text. We are planning to use the JPS1 toy for moddling and color Image
I believe we should tone down the colors so they are not as bright but keep the same scheme. I beleive this will be the first Four legged carnivore into the game of tres so we should use this thread for planning of modeling, skinning and of course scripting our friend.
Last edited by DemonCarnotaur on Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Well, I was once part of the JPDS team)
- ChrisLikesDinos - JurassicOutpost - JurassicForums -
http://jurassicoutpost.com/
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Dimitrodon

Post by Draconisaurus »

DemonCarnotaur wrote:I beleive this will be the first Four legged carnivore into the game of tres so we should use this thread for planning of modeling, skinning and of course scripting our friend.
Yup. Also I plan to make a pretty simple mesh as a test, so we can figure out how to use DinoCreator correctly and make scripts for him. That should be fun!! :yes:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

OK Dimetro has essentially been completed. 8) 8) You can check im out here:
http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~trescom/bo ... 7611#27611

Only work on the mouth remains as far as modelling goes, then it'll be time to texture (I'll do a very very basic one for starters, so we can move ahead), then make his shadow mesh, and finally put him into TPDC. Then we'll see how it goes from there!! :)
JPXTom
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by JPXTom »

Draconisaurus wrote:OK Dimetro has essentially been completed. 8) 8) You can check im out here:
http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~trescom/bo ... 7611#27611

Only work on the mouth remains as far as modelling goes, then it'll be time to texture (I'll do a very very basic one for starters, so we can move ahead), then make his shadow mesh, and finally put him into TPDC. Then we'll see how it goes from there!! :)
Great Work Draco!
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

Yeah man looks good...but, are you sure we cant have him open his mouth? I just find it very odd....
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

DemonCarnotaur wrote:Yeah man looks good...but, are you sure we cant have him open his mouth? I just find it very odd....
Well as far as I know, the "Trike" dino type does not have bones for the mouth, just the head, and maybe the neck. So there really isn't any way to make a quadraped have a mouth, I mean trying to make a new dino type seems pretty far-fetched to me, it really is one of the most basic components of the game. Sorry but I don't think we can... :cry:
Dimetro's mouth will be closed at all times, but so are Stegs' and Brachs' mouths (Trikes' mouths seem to be permenantly open). You can just assume he doesn't open his mouth very much when he attacks you. :wink:
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

maybe we can model him with the mouth just a tiny bit opened then??? I just dont like the idea of a dino with such large Mouth to have it sealed shut....
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

DemonCarnotaur wrote:maybe we can model him with the mouth just a tiny bit opened then??? I just dont like the idea of a dino with such large Mouth to have it sealed shut....
Well we could do that..... figures I already deleted the mouth :P
JPXTom
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by JPXTom »

Making a better texture for this guy may be a little harder Draco. I mean, if it's already blurry, There's not much I can do to make it better. I can edit colors, I can add certain things...but it's gonna be kinda hard.
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

I will work on taking a more detailed picture.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

JPXTom wrote:Making a better texture for this guy may be a little harder Draco. I mean, if it's already blurry, There's not much I can do to make it better. I can edit colors, I can add certain things...but it's gonna be kinda hard.
Tom is right the blurryness would still be there. However a normal dino texture, as you can find out when you export, say, a raptor, is spread across several bmps. This fixes the blurryness completely, so they look as good as the rap textures etc.