Level SIZE restrictions?

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Level SIZE restrictions?

Post by Draconisaurus »

Tom has brought up the concern that, even divided into 3 levels as it is, they will be too big and be slowed down, since our levels are 98% explorable (completely non-linear gameplay). Chris and I think it should work, but I wanted to ask everyone else if they feel this could be the case, all things considered. I feel the engine could handle it, assuming our computers' ability to handle it wouldn't be a problem, but I don't know since I haven't tried it. What do you guys think?
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

/:Code/RUNTIME-error.d4/

Post Return Unavailable

<9/124-3>
Last edited by Second Illiteration on Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm well I'm going to aim for 3 levels + Aviary for now. I was just playing TptDac's The Four Towers extended level last night aaand..... it is just unbelievably huge. There is stuff everywhere, I mean it could take almost a year to explore it all ingame. At least it seems that way, heh. I'm thinking maybe that the EA might have to be put in its own little level, since after you go inside and come out you should really just be heading off to the paddock, however I wanted to give the player a chance to find the paddock door and not have they keycard yet. Oh maybe I didn't mension that, but yeah you will need to find a keycard of some sort to open the paddock gate, which will be in some hard-to-find spot within the EA. Though it's still possible I could split up level one. We'll have to see when we get there....