Levels Were to start?

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Levels Were to start?

Post by Mickey »

Ok I am ready to start to do some great level for you people so were do you want me to start?
is there a map already done?
:)
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

There are maps around, Mickey, but I don't think we've got a terrain set up yet.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yep the current maps are up in the island map thread, I have some basic ideas for the topography of certain areas but there's still a lot to figure out. You can see where I've drawn a few ridges and such on the maps, also any locations that are in the movies should have a very similar environment, as close as possible in most cases (excluding the worker village, we'll be going off the concepts for that). This is why it will be very interesting to create the landscape around the Aviary, if you look at its surroundings in the movie... I've been hoping to come up with a grayscale map that we could import as the starting terrain, we'll see how soon I can do that though, it would be my first grayscale so I'm not sure how good it would look.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

as I was saying earlier about having a similar hotel idea...if you want I could upload some screen shots of the terrain I started modifying in a level to use for reference
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

Well speaking for the team I'd say go ahead, it wont hurt anything and it could prove to be quite useful. :)
(Well, I was once part of the JPDS team)
- ChrisLikesDinos - JurassicOutpost - JurassicForums -
http://jurassicoutpost.com/
JPXTom
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by JPXTom »

DemonCarnotaur wrote:Well speaking for the team I'd say go ahead, it wont hurt anything and it could prove to be quite useful. :)
I agree, get started on it, and we need about, hmm, 3 levels was it?
DemonCarnotaur
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by DemonCarnotaur »

Yeah its 3 just look at the map, it shows you.
(Well, I was once part of the JPDS team)
- ChrisLikesDinos - JurassicOutpost - JurassicForums -
http://jurassicoutpost.com/
JPXTom
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by JPXTom »

Mickey, actually Draco and I believe Mike are working on a GreyScale currently....I think we can start puttiong the peices together when we actually have some. We need to model a lot of things, I mean, we are making totally new dinosaurs, etc...So I think it'll be some time.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Actually it's just me workin on the grayscale. Currently the areas of level one are under development, the last thing I was working on is the river and the EA valley. Also, I've decided it would be hard to work on the lower areas of the map, like I suggested previously, because I have plans for how the general height should be and I don't have time to do it right now, so we need to at least wait until version 1 of the level 1 terrain is complete.

As for what to start on next, Mickey we could use some help in dinosaur making. I got really far but was unable to progress beyond the stage of importing to TPDC and assigning the verts (actually in the more recent attempt, I did not get as far as assigning verts). So if you're up to it that would be a GREAT thing we could work on now! People are probably wanting updates but it's hard to do that with no new content, and I think getting our own dino to work will be big news once it happens, enough to spark more interest in JPDS perhaps. So how about it??? :)
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

I have never worked with TPDC but I can give it a trayout! :wink:
All the dinos will be new?
JPXTom
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by JPXTom »

Mickey wrote:I have never worked with TPDC but I can give it a trayout! :wink:
Just about, man. New Rex, new Trike, New Brach, etc. We are using some of the TC-Isle dinosaurs too...but modding them a little.
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Nice :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

JPXTom wrote:
Just about, man. New Rex, new Trike, New Brach, etc. We are using some of the TC-Isle dinosaurs too...but modding them a little.
Ummm..... Well..... TOM wants a new Rex, most of us are content with the one we have now, but we'll see where it goes, we may make a new one (it's hard enough making dimetrodon, jeees). Not too sure about a new Trike... I was going to try for a Styrakosaurus though. And, new Brach? What's wong with the one we have now? And yes we'll be using the TC raptor for the JP///-tribe raps, also the TC compies, and Chris wants me to improve on their Galli. The TC Para is nice but I want to make a completely new one that actually looks like the one from the movie and the toy. In general I don't want that many remakes of dinos we have but there are many new dinos planned (Dimetrodon, Carnotaurus, Spinosaurus, Megaraptor, Sinraptor, Utahraptor, Mammenchiosaurus, Ankylosaurus, etc.). Also we'll be using TC's Pteranodon, and making a version of the pteranodon that can't fly but can attack the player in a bipedal fasion.
There's also been some talk of maybe aquatic dinos in the lake or river somewhere, we'll see how this goes. It'd really depend on how well we could do it, and how long it takes to make these dinos. Honestly I don't want to seem impatient but I'm not getting anywhere with the dinos right now, someone needs to get the info we need from the people in the know or there will be NO new dinos in JPDS. It's as simple as that.
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Draconisaurus wrote:
JPXTom wrote:
Ummm..... Well..... TOM wants a new Rex, most of us are content with the one we have now, but we'll see where it goes, we may make a new one (it's hard enough making dimetrodon, jeees). Not too sure about a new Trike... I was going to try for a Styrakosaurus though. And, new Brach? What's wong with the one we have now? And yes we'll be using the TC raptor for the JP///-tribe raps, also the TC compies, and Chris wants me to improve on their Galli. The TC Para is nice but I want to make a completely new one that actually looks like the one from the movie and the toy. In general I don't want that many remakes of dinos we have but there are many new dinos planned (Dimetrodon, Carnotaurus, Spinosaurus, Megaraptor, Sinraptor, Utahraptor, Mammenchiosaurus, Ankylosaurus, etc.). Also we'll be using TC's Pteranodon, and making a version of the pteranodon that can't fly but can attack the player in a bipedal fasion.
There's also been some talk of maybe aquatic dinos in the lake or river somewhere, we'll see how this goes. It'd really depend on how well we could do it, and how long it takes to make these dinos. Honestly I don't want to seem impatient but I'm not getting anywhere with the dinos right now, someone needs to get the info we need from the people in the know or there will be NO new dinos in JPDS. It's as simple as that.
Need any help just say I know a little about dinosaurs and knows some modellers
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

OK well Mickey, please check the thread in either Trespasser Hacking or Level creating/editing (I forget which) named something like "TPDC!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!" and see what our most recent problems were. Then we can make a dino thread here I guess...