Modelling

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Modelling

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Just wanted to put a place for us to start posting ideas on what models we'll need. I kind of got a slight idea of the large scale stuff from the maps, but what about smaller things? Even the smallest things, like boxes, barrels, ect. What do we need?

It's also always nice to have concept images of stuff to reference to, so the modellers (me and Draco?) get a real idea of what you guys have in mind - so please feel free to do that.

And err... soo thats it! Let's get postin' :D
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I'm a fairly skilled artist so if anyone needs any drawings...I'm better at animals and such as opposed to inanimate objects but I'll give anything a try....I can draw out scenes too....
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

That'd be great, SI :D

And guys, I'd love to get somethin done this weekend, so if ya have any ideas please jot 'em down!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Second Illiteration wrote:I'm a fairly skilled artist so if anyone needs any drawings...I'm better at animals and such as opposed to inanimate objects but I'll give anything a try....I can draw out scenes too....
Hmmm it seems both our main artists (Chris and you?) are better at animal drawing than building drawing and such, that's fine it just means the architecture will have to be figured mostly by me unless anyone else likes designing that kind of stuff. :)
MikeTheRaptor wrote:I kind of got a slight idea of the large scale stuff from the maps, but what about smaller things? Even the smallest things, like boxes, barrels, ect. What do we need?
Well I'll start by saying I plan for us to use many of the original basic objects straight from Tres, being things like the metal canisters, crates, certain chairs (though many new ones will be needed), rocks, trees, wood pieces, maybe some other small stuff, basic things like that (there are some larger things we'll be importing but that's another matter). However that doesn't mean there aren't small objects to make. For one, as soon as I can and when there is material to post (maybe some tonight...) there will be threads for all the different areas to model, and like a nature modeling thread etc. They will have in them what specifically needs to be modelled for them. I can tell you, for instance in the EA compound, we'll need lots of things like early 90s computers and such to populate the tons of rooms there will be, and we should get enough material to have variety. Very generally, if you want to know, a good way would be to take a really close look at the junk they have lying around in the various JP/// sets. That's the kind of stuff we're looking for. :) I'll try and post a specific thread tonight.