Menu Layout

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Menu Layout

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Considering the fact that we may be making a standalone level, similar to that of TresCom's with TC-Isle, I think we should also consider doing a new layout for the menu.

In theory, it shouldn't be very hard - although it hasn't been done before. That also is a perfect reason for us to try it out!

As I understand it... JPXTom is skilled with 2D graphics? Well, everything on the menu is made up of .tga images. In our version of the game files, it'd be pretty simple to just replace them with our own versions for JPDS.

Instead of Trespasser, there is probably a way to make the menu screen say Dark Secrets - if that was what you wanted.

Still early in development to start that sort of thing, but it's definately worth looking into. :)
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

/:Code/RUNTIME-error.d4/

Post Return Unavailable

<9/124-3>
Last edited by Second Illiteration on Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Menu Layout

Post by Draconisaurus »

MikeTheRaptor wrote:Considering the fact that we may be making a standalone level, similar to that of TresCom's with TC-Isle, I think we should also consider doing a new layout for the menu.

In theory, it shouldn't be very hard - although it hasn't been done before. That also is a perfect reason for us to try it out!

As I understand it... JPXTom is skilled with 2D graphics? Well, everything on the menu is made up of .tga images. In our version of the game files, it'd be pretty simple to just replace them with our own versions for JPDS.

Instead of Trespasser, there is probably a way to make the menu screen say Dark Secrets - if that was what you wanted.

Still early in development to start that sort of thing, but it's definately worth looking into. :)
Everything there. Yes. :mrgreen: I have already thought about it and I think we should definately make a new menu screen, and Tom would be the one to make it. :yes: I really think it could be quite cool to have Dark Secrets up there, that would be really nice. Also we can have a screencap in the background from the game once we are able to make one.
JPXTom
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by JPXTom »

Yeah, thats a peiece of cake...I can probably copy over the background image with like, a faded spino..and to the side have Dark Secrets run down...And then changing the text will b e easy..Might add a nice finish to um.
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

T'would be a nice surprise for people! No one's seen a new menu yet, asside from the Quick Load addon released (which I couldn't' get working on my retail version).
JPXTom
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by JPXTom »

MikeTheRaptor wrote:T'would be a nice surprise for people! No one's seen a new menu yet, asside from the Quick Load addon released (which I couldn't' get working on my retail version).
Same. I couldn't get it to work, but yeah, The game should have a new menu. Anyway to edit the sound effects in the background?
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Sure, using TPAadd or whatever the utility is. I'm not 100% sure how it works, but I know there is a menu.tpa or something similar with all the menu sounds. You can add sounds to it, and then use the files in the menu folder in the directory to assign new sounds - I'm almost positive about that much.

I haven't really looked much into those files, but I think they open with notepad and you can read all the scripting. It's very customizable.